Our four-legged friends need regular care and care – specific nutrition, vaccination, selection of individual care products. The latter is important, as dogs have very delicate skin requiring a special approach. What are shampoos for a dog can be applied, and what to focus on when choosing the right facilities?
- 1. Why can’t dogs wash shampoo for people
- 2. Which dog shampoo to choose
- 3. With what additives to buy dog shampoo
- 4. What shampoo to use before the show
- 5. My dry dog shampoo and spray
- 6. Shampoos for dogs with therapeutic effect
Why you can’t wash dogs with shampoo for people
Probably one of the first questions that owners ask. dogs: “Can a dog be washed with human shampoo?”.
The thing is that a person can take a bath and take a shower as much as he wants. But the pets in this regard were lucky less. Their skin is too tender, and the effects of chemical elements contained in detergents anyway adversely affect the condition of the skin and coat, cause dermatitis, an allergic reaction or provoke the appearance of dandruff.
That is why shampoos should not be used for people in caring for dog, and acquire special, softer and more gentle products intended for dogs.
What shampoo for a dog to choose
It all depends on what you need:
- Shampoos are available for different types of wool, or for a certain breed. This is very important, because the wrong selection may not only not improve the appearance of the coat, but to hurt.
- Not always a pet needs a regular shampoo, sometimes a condition wool and skin requires medical care.
- Preference should be given to low-content products. fragrances and various additives. The more natural the product, the better for animal.
- Usually a good shampoo for a dog is more expensive than a remedy for people, but the pet rarely takes baths, which means that it’s enough for a long time.
- Even if after one wash it was not possible to get instant result, do not switch to another tool. Should use it several times, and only then evaluate the condition pet hair.
- You should read all the information indicated on the label, as often funds have certain specific features.
- In most cases, quality shampoo affects the condition. coat after three to four applications. In this case the coat will remain fresh and clean until four to five weeks, not will get tangled and roll excessively. The fragrance will also remain for a long time, and the coat will shine.
If the dog is allergic, do not stand alone conduct experiments on the selection of a hypoallergenic therapeutic facilities. Better go to the veterinarian and find out the reason for this reaction.
What additives to buy dog shampoo
Dogs, like humans, have different skin types, they can dandruff appears. All this should underlie the choice of detergents. means for dogs. Various components can eliminate certain problems:
- For dry hair and dandruff, it is better to choose a shampoo with moisturizing action, which includes medicinal herbs.
- For dry skin, an extract remedy is great oats.
- If the pet has sensitive skin, and he often suffers from allergic manifestations, then you can purchase shampoo with aloe vera in the composition.
- Lidocaine and hydrocortisone are shampoo components that can eliminate the main manifestations of allergies – swelling and itching sensations.
- Dandruff can occur against a background of eczema or seborrhea, the same conditions are accompanied by increased sebum secretion. In this case help with coal tar.
- An effective antiseptic is tea tree oil or extract of this plant, therefore, with skin problems it is better choose a shampoo with this component.
- If the coat does not have enough silkiness and shine, In this case, a detergent with proteins and panthenol will help.
What shampoo to use before the show
An exhibition of any level is an important event for the animal, so for its owner. And naturally, it requires a certain training.
Of course, it’s best to visit a dog salon to bring Pet in proper view before such an important event. But if the wool is in order and you just need to refresh it, you can buy it favorite, using professional tools. The most famous brands of them:
- Chris Christensen (USA).
- Vellus (USA).
- Milord (Italy).
- Isle of Dogs (USA) – a wide range of tools for the problematic skin and coat.
- Pure Pows (USA) – have gained their trust as they apply only natural ingredients.
Most funds of this level are extremely careful, do not affecting the fat layer of the skin.
Sometimes owners use shampoos before the show – a great way to make your pet’s fur more bright, saturated. But this tool can only be used in exceptional cases, in ordinary life it is better to use ordinary care shampoos.
My dry dog shampoo and spray
One of the interesting inventions is dry shampoos and sprays. Moreover they were invented not only for people, but also for canine representatives. In both cases, this is not a complete replacement for swimming, but only a way quickly solve the problem of cleanliness in the wrong bath place and time.
If the dog got dirty on the road, it vomited when rocking, or another similar situation has occurred, and ahead competition or exhibition – in this case, such interesting tools. They can also be used for patient care. pet, pregnant, lactating bitch, little puppies – these are those categories of dogs that should not be bathed, but from pollution they are not insured. Owners of large street and aviary dogs, which are very difficult to wash in the winter.
The disadvantage of dry products is that they cannot be used constantly, as this can not only ruin the condition of the coat, but also disrupt the activity of the sebaceous glands.
The advantages are that you do not need to have experience for them use. Powder is applied to the coat (try to coat the dirtiest areas), then rubbed thoroughly, ideally the smallest particles should penetrate to the skin. After Pet hair must be combed carefully.
Thus, dry shampoo is applied to dogs, but there are also shampoos-sprays that are sprayed from a spray can. Components funds have an absorbent effect, absorb excess skin lard, particles of dust and dirt. If the powder is combed out, then the remnants the spray is removed with a towel.
Before using such tools, you need to know a number of subtleties and nuances:
- Pets with black and dark brown hair powder shampoo may leave noticeable spots;
- If you do not completely comb out the particles of funds, then the spots can stay on furniture and objects that it touches dog.
- There is a risk of poisoning if the dog licks itself.
The latter can be avoided if you cook yourself dry shampoo from harmless ingredients – flour (wheat, corn or oatmeal) and potato starch.
You should be aware that such cleaning will not give long-term effect. In addition, completely remove the product particles from the wool using a brush or towel will fail. After a while it begins, on the contrary, to attract dust and dirt. That’s why at the first opportunity, the dog should be redeemed with a traditional liquid shampoo.
Shampoos for dogs with therapeutic effect
In addition to conventional care products, there are a number of special shampoos with the ability to eliminate certain problems:
- Antiparasitic shampoos – can save a pet from troubles such as ticks (subcutaneous and auricular) and fleas.
- Softening Treatment Shampoos – Salvation for Pets suffering from peeling and degreasing of skin integument.
- Anti-allergic drugs – relieve symptoms of the disease, reducing irritation and itching, also suitable for dogs with unnecessarily sensitive skin.
- If the pet has wounds on the body, abrasions or other skin damage, you can apply shampoos with coal tar, extracts of aloe vera, pine needles, tea tree. They have strong healing and antiseptic effect, as well as used for eczema, dermatitis.
- If the animal has eye problems, it’s better to wash choose shampoos with the effect of “no tears”, mainly in their composition includes keratin, herbal extracts, peach oil, jojoba.
Dogs deserve proper and complete care, that’s why veterinarians still recommend choosing special detergents, suitable for your pet.