Most owners of four-legged friends are interested in to teach your pets a variety of tricks. And many of they succeed. Why does success or failure in training depend on dogs – is the dog breed guilty of this or the approach that uses the owner? In fact, various are important factors, including host actions.
When the puppy is ready for training
If a funny peanut enters the house, then the owners are far from immediately comes to mind the idea of his education and training, but in vain. When But you can do this process, and what nuances are desirable consider?
- It is recommended to educate and teach the baby from the first days getting him into a new home. True, the first couple of days you can leave to adapt and addictive.
- A puppy up to 3 months old is still tiny, and its coordination The movements are slightly different from that of adult dogs. Therefore, it is not recommended to be too strict a teacher, and much you can forgive the peanut.
- The basis of fruitful training is excellent, trusting relations with the pet, they should be established from the very first dating. Dog, respecting and loving his master, is much more willing to carry out his commands.
- By 4 months the dog improves coordination, the dog is capable of exercise endurance and has enough energy to engage at the training site. At this point you can complicate program, spend more time working out and increase your own requirements, this will ensure more productive work.
Most owners make a common mistake thinking that the dog should have a carefree childhood. They are almost up six months allow the puppy to do whatever he wants, not restricting actions to nothing. And after, when the dog turns 6 months, begin to adjust it, in fact, the established behavior.
But with this approach, in almost 100% of cases, the owners face a number of problems. First of all, the dog will be surprised by this change, because he is not used to obeying and executing commands. A grown animal is more difficult to learn, because the pet is already spoiled by attention, carefree and not ready to refuse it. So the “the sooner the better” approach is the most rational decision.
How to start training a dog
Education and training are two important processes taking place at the same time, and in both cases, sequence is important, systematic and regular. You can’t work hard all week to engage on the site, and then stop training for a month – in In this case, you should not expect a lasting result.
The owner must establish a number of rules in the very first days and not step back from their implementation not a single step. For example, they may look in the following way:
- it is forbidden to spoil shoes;
- you can not sleep on furniture;
- only special toys are used as toys fixtures;
- It is forbidden to feed a puppy from his table, etc.
Moreover, exposure is required not only from the pet, but also from owner, and members of his family. You can’t let it go in honor of the holiday sleep the baby on the couch, and the next day kick him out. It is recommended to start training with the simplest tasks that You can start giving at home.
The puppy must learn the commands “place”, “to me”, “sit”, “lying”, etc. In the future, they will form the basis of a more serious training. Do not hope that the baby will be successful right away complete tasks, even if he belongs to the smartest of the breeds. Well who has no difficulty doing something the first time? In that it’s important to be patient, don’t be angry and don’t scold pet.
Frequent classes are welcome, but at required intervals. The puppy should not be tired of training, it is important that he is always with I responded with pleasure to the invitation to play and learn. We should not forget about encouragement, puppies respond well to affection, kind words, and, of course, goodies.
Mastering Basic Skills
Each team is another step in the right direction, giving new knowledge to the dog, and the owner – confidence in their own trainer skills. But each of them has its own characteristic features:
- To me! One of the core compulsory skills, and the first time its development is better to carry out during the walks. When the puppy plays and sports, it is necessary to call him periodically, and when he responds and approaches, in every way to encourage.
- Beside! This is the next command that you cannot use. leash pulling method. A similar action is capable of cause irritation to the pet, but will not force him to obey. IN in this situation it is better to make slapping movements on the hip, and also slightly increase the tension of the leash.
- Sit! The dog must learn this command at the same time as the previous one. When the pet approaches the owner, then he should say “sit!”, you can help by pressing weakly on the croup. Quite often, puppies do not catch what the owner wants, therefore it is recommended to pull the leash up, and then the dog will have to to sit down.
These are the basics of learning to start with. When the dog will be fulfill them at a glance, without being distracted by outsiders irritants, you can complicate the task.
Features of training adult dogs
There are often situations when an adult gets to the owner, formed in all respects dog. In this case, train A pet is possible, but a lot of attention and patience will be required. If speech it is about serious dogs of guard, service, guard breeds: sharpei, alabay, etc., then working with them is quite difficult. In that In case of need the help of specialists.
In other cases, you can teach the basics of the dog on their own. But if he has not previously received basic skills, then he will have to apply the same algorithm as for classes with puppies. True, time and patience will need much more.
Starting training is always difficult, many owners of four-legged friends doubt whether they approached the process correctly? But, if you started, don’t give up – when there are questions, they are always can be asked by professional dog handlers or breeders.