Like humans, in dogs, skin is an important organ, performing many functions, it protects the body, holds temperature conditions, etc. The skin interacts with all internal organs, and quite often with a violation of their activities, signs failures manifest on its surface. Red spots on the abdomen dogs can be both a harmless phenomenon and a symptom serious illness, it’s best to understand the situation veterinarian.
- 1. Causes of the appearance of a red spot on the abdomen in a dog
- 2. Symptoms
- 3. Diagnostics
- 4. Treatment of diseases that cause redness of the skin
Causes of the appearance of a red spot on the dog’s stomach
Among the most common conditions accompanied by the appearance of red spots on the skin of animals, it can be noted following:
- allergic dermatitis – occurs for a variety of reasons, more often due to the use of allergenic food or medicinal drugs;
- multiple insect bites, poor-quality nutrition feed;
- dandruff – the appearance of white flakes on wool, a whitish coating on the skin is often accompanied by redness of the affected areas; the condition requires treatment, but it is prescribed only after integrated diagnostics;
- the development of helminthic invasion;
- dermatological diseases – non-contagious, unexplained origin (eczema, psoriasis), infectious – lichen, scabies and others;
- Streptococcus infection
- plague of animals, etc.
Quite often, a reddish rash on the stomach occurs against infection of the dog with fleas or ticks, it appears on the ground bites.
In addition, redness on the skin may be a sign of nervous disorders Stressed dog (being a long time in loneliness, after a change of master, after the attack of another animal etc.), can itch a lot, literally tearing out wool, then lick wounds for a long time. There are high risks in this situation. joining a secondary infection that enters the body through damaged areas.
Red spots in the peritoneum may appear without any visible reasons. Most often they cause discomfort, dog begins to comb the affected skin.
The rash may cover the skin in other areas, but as as a rule, due to the coat, it cannot be accidentally noticed. Therefore, for spots on the abdomen should fully examine the dog. Most pathological disorders in the body causes a whole complex symptoms in addition to rashes:
- the dog is anxious and often itches;
- worried about frequent urination;
- the auricles may become inflamed;
- the skin is covered with dandruff;
- bald patches occur, hair can fall out.
Similar signs indicate the presence of the disease, and it means that you need veterinary care. Not recommended independently treat the pet, as in the case of bacterial or viral etiology of the disease, high risks of complications, up to fatal outcome.
To save a pet from an unpleasant phenomenon, it is required be sure to find out its reasons. For this, a veterinarian conducts a comprehensive diagnostic examination:
- first of all, he examines the animal, including in the area skin lesions;
- the second step is to interview the owner: the owner should clearly respond to questions and as accurately as possible describe the symptoms of the disease that have arisen in pet
- a number of urine and blood tests are prescribed;
- for certain signs, a biopsy may be recommended, a test is performed to detect allergies, scraping particles with affected skin.
In some cases, for example, when fleas are detected, a specialist may prescribe therapy without waiting for test results.
Watch a video about red spots in a dog:
Treatment of diseases that cause redness of the skin
Therapy directly depends on what caused the appearance of spots:
- Allergy. First of all excludes / limits contact of the animal with allergic substance. The first time it is recommended to feed the pet special hypoallergenic diet. A specialist can prescribe drugs with antihistamine action.
- Prickly heat. In the summer, hot skin dogs are able to become covered with a reddish rash. More often than not, she appears in the abdomen, auricles, groin, in the skin folds. The dog sometimes does not respond to similar skin manifestations, but suffers from extreme thirst and is excessively lethargic. If the owner does not properly respond to this phenomenon, then the pet weeping scabs appear which eventually begin fester and smell bad. In order to avoid any consequences, care must be taken to keep the pet cool during intense heat. It is advisable to walk him in the morning and late evening hours, provide round-the-clock access to clean drinking water. It is recommended to wipe a dog with skin folds with a cloth dampened with plenty of water. To lubricate areas with rashes, you can use Calamine Lotion or Hydrocortisone ointment.
- Bites of external parasites. Spots having bright red tint, in some cases are a consequence bites of parasites. The easiest way to take care of preventive measures – timely treat the pet with special tools or wear a flea-collar collar. If infection does occur, processing is also needed. In addition, if a tick has stuck into the skin, it will need to be removed.
If the owner can cope with the previous conditions of the dog independently, then in the following cases required veterinary care:
- Pathogenic fungal infection. At these infections in the dog reddish spots covered the inguinal part and the bottom of the peritoneum. The dog is anxious in the process emptying the bladder and violently combing the affected plot. Without treatment, redness changes into ulceration, also affecting the pillows of the paws, nose, nose and mouth. Pathogenic mushrooms are insidious pathogens, so treat the disease yourself Not recommended. Veterinarian prescribes a suitable antifungal tool according to the results of a diagnostic examination (analysis blood and smear). Before the pet is examined by a veterinarian affected the site can be treated with a weak solution of chlorhexidine or Miramistin.
- Ringworm. The disease is accompanied the appearance of round red spots with smooth edges in the abdomen. In addition, in hyperemic areas, wool completely falls out, and the pet becomes very worried and constantly itchy. First and the only thing required of the owner is to isolate the infected animal because ringworm is a contagious disease. The rest will be done by a veterinarian – he will carry out diagnostics in case of positive results will prescribe antifungal drugs and immunomodulatory effect.
- Folliculitis. The causative agent of infection is staphylococcus, which is localized in the hair follicles and follicles. In addition, hypothyroidism often causes pathology. More often is a secondary disease, usually affecting pets with short hair. When infected, the dog appears reddish papules on the stomach and groin. Wool is removed from the affected areas and carry out treatment with solutions with an antibacterial effect. After, by identifying the root cause of folliculitis, the veterinarian appoints suitable antibiotics or antiseptics for local use.
- Tumor formation. If on palpation reddened area, there is a densification, then, most likely, the animal has developed a tumor. First of all, a doctor with a biopsy determines whether it is malignant or benign education, and only after that prescribes a therapy regimen. At cancer, the pet will have to undergo radiation or chemotherapy.
Redness in the abdomen of a fourth friend, even if they are not are signs of the disease, can cause him unpleasant sensations. Therefore, in any case, they require attention, and often specialist help.