Irish Setter, Red Setter, Irish Red Setter
- Popularity: 6
- Training: 7
- Size: 7
- Mind: 7
- Security: 7
- Relations with children: 10
- Dexterity: 7
- Shedding: 5
The Irish Setter is one of the most beautiful and elegant English hunting dogs. She was bred by crossing between English setters and spaniels, Irish appeared Setters in the 18th century were used for hunting mountain birds.
Medium sized, slender and elegant dog. The head is small and long, skull oval and slightly rounded, muzzle long and with a big black nose. Eyes wide apart almond-shaped and brown. The ears are low, medium length and with rounded tips. Medium tail with slightly curved tip. Color chestnut with a red tint, dark or light red.
- Irish setters are very attached to people and can suffer from long separation. They become very unhappy when they remain alone for more than a few hours and this is unhappiness as usually leads to destructive behavior.
- Irish setters need a lot of exercise. To walk It is necessary from two times a day with active training from half an hour everytime.
- Irish setters get along very well with other animals and children.
- Irish setters do not ripen quickly. Some dogs become adults at the age of 2 years, but some remain “puppies” throughout their lives.
The character is very vibrant, energetic, and impulsive. The Irish Setter loves to run. This breed should always be on leash when outdoors because they tend to run away and then it can be difficult to catch them. Solid and sequential preparation.Temperature Irish the setter is gentle, loving and sensitive. This breed is not recommended. for the inactive owner. Being very active, they can become somewhat destructive if left alone for long periods of time. She is obedient and devoted to her the owner of the dog, loves children and will bark at strangers. If a communicated from an early age with other dogs and other domestic animals, then there will be no problems in the future.
Training this dog should be firm, consistent, good balanced but not heavy and made in a gentle, affectionate voice. It must be taught from an early age.
They need to be cleaned at least every other day to keep The coat is shiny and tangle free. Excess hair should be removed between the pads of the paws and inside the ears.
A dog with a high level of activity that loves to do a lot exercises and always wants to do something. Dog recommended for active people who can take time to take care of her because she loves long walks, loves to run next to Bicycle, likes to wander and look for new flavors. She can kept in the apartment, if there are all conditions, being pretty a big dog she needs physical and mental exercises. The dog needs socialization and professional preparation.
Irish setters are prone to such diseases:
- hip dysplasia
- dissecting osteochondrosis
- dog white blood cell
- progressive retinal atrophy
- hypertrophic osteodystrophy
- gastric torsion (bloating)
This is a great hunting dog in any area, a good swimmer and very good bloodhound. Irish Setter enjoys a very large in demand.
|Life span||12-15 years old|
|Height||Males: 58-67 cm Bitches: 55-62 cm|
|Weight||Males: 27-32 kg Bitches: 24-29 kg|
|Colour||chestnut with red tint, dark or light red|
|Group||for children, hunting|
|Price||400 – 1200 $|