Vizsla, Hungarian Short-haired Pointing Dog, Hungarian Pointer
- Popularity: 8
- Training: 10
- Size: 7
- Mind: 10
- Security: 6
- Relations with children: 9
- Dexterity: 8
- Shedding: 6
Scaffolds arose in Hungary in the 8th century and were used as hunting dogs, although owning this breed was a symbol of aristocracy. They are were on the verge of extinction after World War II. Was alive revived by Hungarians who secretly exported their favorite breed from countries, fearing that they would not be exterminated.
A large, muscular, strong dog with a noble appearance. Head proportional to the body, the skull is wide, slightly rounded. Nose straight and brown. The eyes are medium sized and dark. The ears are long with rounded tips, lowered and have a V-shape. The tail is of medium thickness. Color includes shades of reddish-golden.
- Vyzhla is an active breed and needs at least 60 minutes of exercise every day. They love long walks, jogging jogging and playing, as well as sports dogs.
- Scaffolds are not demanding in leaving. They rarely need a bathtub and do not have a strong dog smell.
- Vyzhl are not recommended for people who work a lot. Vyzhly may suffer from separation, which can lead to destructive behavior.
- As a rule, “ruminant” animals survived. Keep home big amount of chewing toys to protect your property.
- Vyzhla should live in a house with a family, and not outside.
- Although not recommended for homes with young children, very affectionate with them, and can also become a companion for energetic children.
- Training and socialization are compulsory for this breed. It can be difficult to deal with if they are not properly prepared.
- Vyzhla get along with other dogs and even cats, if they grown with them. However, they are not well suited for homes, that have small animals like rabbits, gerbils, guinea pigs or birds.
Character Expectation is a universal hunting a dog that is able to work in the forest, field and water. They are able to work in difficult terrain and in extreme weather conditions. Vyzhla has a calm character and is excellent companion. Temperament is friendly, bright and affectionate dog with his family. They are very watchful and will bark when they feel the danger or ill-wishers. They are very protected with strangers. They are good get along with older children and in most cases with others dogs. They will tolerate cats if raised with them.
This dog is easy to learn because they want to learn and want to please your master. Training should be gentle consistent and well balanced.
Scaffolds are not demanding in leaving. They rarely need a bath and do not have a strong dog smell.
A dog that loves to play sports and be active. Recommended for active people who can take time to dogs to take her for long walks. Dog can live in apartment, if she receives her daily dose of physical and mental exercises. However, she is happier in private courtyard, where he can move freely. Dog needs learning and socialization.
Survival prone to diseases such as:
- hip dysplasia
- progressive retinal atrophy
This is a very good hunting dog, both on land and on water. Tender and affectionate companions survived.
|Life span||12-15 years old|
|Height||Males: 56-64 cm Bitches: 53-61 cm|
|Weight||Males: 20-29 kg Bitches: 18-25 kg|
|Colour||shades of reddish golden|
|Group||for children, hunting|
|Price||700 – 1500 $|