When starting a dog as a pet, it is important to understand that it’s not only a friend, comrade, companion to play with, talk, pour out the soul, but also an animal that requires constant care and proper care. From how the owner will be take care of your favorite pet, his health, disposition, life expectancy and many other factors. How to care for a dog? According to veterinarians, this is an elementary observance of all hygiene standards, maintaining the right diet, regular dog walking and timely monitoring by a veterinarian a doctor.
- 1. Hair Care
- 2. Wash the dog
- 3. Walking dogs
- 4. Examinations at the veterinarian
- 5. Proper nutrition
There are several types of wool and for each pet A special approach is needed:
- Dogs with long hair. If afghan greyhounds, spaniels, scottish shepherd dogs and other longhair breeds on a walk look like dogs from the covers of glossy magazines, this does not mean that it is only a matter of having a long and silky wool. The beauty of the coat is the result of daily painstaking combing out. Perfect for these purposes. wooden comb with sparse teeth. To keep the dog neat look, you need to trim the excess hair near the anus, between the fingers paws and in the area of superciliary arches.
- Smooth breed. Do not think that if you have a dalmatian, staffordshire terrier or boxer, then they wool does not require any maintenance. Even such seem almost bare, breeds, prone to seasonal molting, which means you need to help they need to get rid of old wool. For combing perfectly a rubber brush will do, or a brush like the one Designed for cleaning clothes. A rag from suede, which after combing must be carried over the wool in hair growth direction.
- Dogs with stiff hair. This type of coat is more common. only found in dogs from the family of terriers and schnauzers. is he requires regular phased care:
- Combing – you need two brushes, one with metal teeth, another with bristles.
- Haircut – used a clipper and scissors with rounded ends.
- Trimming – plucking bristles that have died.
- Dogs with medium hair. German East European Shepherd Dogs, Alabai and Caucasians possess hair middle length. This is the easiest option to maintain, although it requires regular combing. Will need a regular brush for combing and a slicker for removing the undercoat during molting.
- Curly Pets. Poodles and some Terrier varieties have an undeniable advantage – they are not susceptible to molting. However, the coat still needs care. It is necessary to comb out often, otherwise the formed tussles will have to to cut off. Dogs with this type of coat must be trimmed according to breed standards.
- Exotic wool. Lucky to be the owner of a pet with rope wool, in places or in general absent, then in this case the consultation of the breeder will be required. Only a professional can give accurate recommendations.
Read more about what to do if the dog’s hair falls out.
Wash the dog
Bathing is again directly dependent on the quality of the coat.
Dogs with stall-prone hair. These dogs require frequent bathing. Ideally, once every 7 days, allowable It is considered once every 14 days. During longhair shows pets are bathed regularly before events. Bathe these dogs it is necessary completely, not limited only to paws.
Hard or medium hardness. Pets with hard or medium hardness, they wash their hair once a month and this quite enough. To the representative of the breed with a smooth back and pretty hairy face looked neat, must be applied after washing, special balms and conditioners.
Sometimes, so that the coat is not excessively fluffy and does not puffed up, dry cleaning is applied before the exhibitions, which carried out with a piece of fabric with a velvet surface and brushes. A rag will remove dirt and excess sebum, and a brush will rid from dead hairs and dandruff. The same method is effective for care. for dogs with medium hair – German shepherds, huskies, Alabay and others.
Smooth-haired dogs. Smooth pets (dogs, dachshunds, Dobermans, etc.) do not require frequent washing, enough once or twice every three months. It will also be useful to periodically dry cleanings.
Read more on how to wash your dog.
All four-legged pets love to walk. They are attracted by new flavors, the ability to communicate with your own kind, diverse environment.
But you should always remember that the behavior of the dog in the new conditions is changing. If at home a dog is a kind complaisant creature, then on the street is often infused with the “spirit of freedom.” Therefore recommended walk the animal on a leash, especially for large representatives, and dogs of fighting breeds – in a muzzle. Besides In addition, the leash will protect the dog from the dangers of moving cars, open wells, dog weddings.
[tip] It is enough to bring the dog out twice a day – in the morning and in the evening. The exception is puppies and elderly pets, here you need look at the situation. Also, three times a day, you can display favorites of small breeds. [/ tip]
In the warmer months, a minimum walk should last from 20 minutes half an hour, but longer walks are also welcome. IN the cold season, the dog is outdoors (especially Smooth) can be reduced to 15 minutes. You can not display only after eating a pet, you should wait a few hours. Not recommend walking the dog in the playgrounds, territories child care facilities.
- How to train a puppy to the toilet
- How to cut dog claws
- How to brush your dog’s teeth
- Dog Bite Symptoms
Inspections at the veterinarian
After the puppy has been given all the necessary vaccines, a visit to the veterinary clinic becomes annual and as necessary. Prevention can also be dated to the period revaccinations.
An older animal requires more care and care, and Examinations should take place more often – once every 3 to 6 months.
Routine inspections include the following processes:
- Vaccine Administration (Read more about vaccination of dogs).
- Examination of the condition of the teeth.
- Treatments against various parasites (intestinal, external, ear) and etc.).
- Nutrition adjustment (the veterinarian gives advice based on pet health status).
- Weighing (helps detect signs of obesity).
- General urine and blood tests – especially important for people who are sick or weakened favorites.
Of course, many may think that such events are a waste of money, however, early detection of pathologies helps not just avoid a long, expensive treatment, but often saves a pet’s life.
From what to feed the dog depends on its health and life span. If the owner opts for finished feed (dry or wet), it is important to choose high-quality products, preferably Holistic class. IN These feeds contain all useful micro and macro elements, daily intake of vitamins, in sufficient quantities of meat product, vegetables, herbs. On each package in detail Instructions for use and composition are painted.
But what if we are talking about conventional foods? Studies have shown that a healthy animal should receive 2/3 meat products and 1/3 of vegetable. But you can give not only meat, but also all kinds of offal:
- a heart;
- lung, etc.
Among the types of meat, everything but pork is suitable – beef, lamb, poultry, game, etc. Dogs can be given various trim but without fat. You can also include fish in your diet, but exclusively marine and boneless.
Among plant components, preference should be given the following products:
- oats, millet, buckwheat, bran, barley;
- all vegetables except legumes and potatoes;
- fruits other than grapes.
Bones can be included in the diet, but only large boiled and in a small amount.
When cooking, you should adhere to certain rules:
- Meat and offal require mandatory thermal processing.
- You need to cut them into small pieces, or grind in a meat grinder.
- The broth obtained during cooking is also given to the pet.
- Cereals – oats, barley, etc. before cooking must be soaked in cold water.
- Vegetables are best served raw by grating first, or finely chopped.
What is contraindicated for the dog:
- You can not give cabbage or vegetable tops;
- food should be warm and mushy consistency;
- Do not give bones to puppies up to a year;
- fish should be completely cleaned, removing not only bones, but also all fins.
Thus, a balanced diet will help strengthen, maintain and maintain the health of your beloved animal. Following all simple rules and recommendations of a veterinarian, the dog will grow active, agile and healthy.
Read more about how and what to feed properly. a dog.