English Springer Spaniel, Springer, Springer Spaniel
- Popularity: 9
- Training: 9
- Size: 5
- Mind: 9
- Security: 8
- Relations with children: 10
- Dexterity: 4
- Shedding: 5
This is an old breed that is the founder of modern spaniels. English Springer Spaniel – the largest of the breeds spaniels. They were quite popular in the Renaissance, as ideal companions for the hunter.
There are currently two different “types” of English springer spaniel. Some are bred for the exhibition, others for hunting and / or field tests.
This is a medium sized, strong and active dog. She has wide enough head and proportional body. The nose is black or Dark red. The eyes are ovoid, medium size, dark brown. The ears are long and low. Middle tail lengths. The fur is medium length, straight or slightly wavy. Color black and white or brown and white.
- English Springer Spaniels have been bred to excellent stamina and energy. Make sure you can provide your adequate exercise every day, otherwise the dog can become nervous and destructive.
- Remember to keep your springer spaniel on a leash when take it for a walk. When he sees a bird – he can chase after her.
- This breed tends to gain weight easily and therefore does not must be overfed.
- The English Springer Spaniel has recently been noticed a serious personality disorder called Rage Syndrome. A rare disease that can cause a dog to suddenly become angry and viciously attack. If that happens, English Springer Spaniel will not respond to any teams. This is a form of epilepsy and can be treated.
English Springer Spaniel is not only a land hunt and on the water, but is an ideal family favorite. This breed hardy, sturdy, faster and more powerful than all others spaniels.
English Springer Spaniels are sociable and affectionate. They also courageous, very smart and sincere. Get along well with children and love everyone. English Springer Spaniel thrives on the human interaction and should be with your family as much as possible. If they are left alone for extended periods of time – can become destructive and prone to excessive barking. They get along with other pets but cannot tolerate same-sex dogs. They are not suitable for houses with decorative birds.
A typical springer is an ideal family companion.
With consistent, delicate, balanced and diverse preparation, excellent results can be obtained very quickly because it is an obedient, smart dog who loves to learn.
The fur should be cleaned and combed regularly with a stiff brush. A haircut is needed 2-3 times a year. Excess hair between pads paws, in and under the ears should be removed to ensure good ventilation.
This dog is resistant to atmospheric changes, easily adapts to proposed living conditions, both outdoors or in indoors. Springer Spaniel has a high level of activity and, therefore, he should receive daily exercise, to keep the body fit. Loves very much take long walks, run, play, participate in agility competitions and training.
Springer Spaniels are usually healthy dogs. When you start this breed – you should expect the following problems with health:
- hip dysplasia
- retinal dysplasia
- progressive retinal atrophy
- skin diseases
- ear infections
- phosphofructokinase deficiency
This is a good bird hunter, and also fun and wonderful. companion.
|Life span||12-14 years old|
|Height||Males: 48-56 cm Bitches: 46-51 cm|
|Weight||Males: 20-25 kg Bitches: 18-23 kg|
|Colour||black and white, brown and white|
|Price||400 – 900 $|