In all civilized countries, vaccination of dogs is necessary condition for their maintenance. You can’t take without vaccination dog on the road, she will not be allowed to participate in competitions and exhibitions. Each pet must have a passport with all necessary data, including vaccination. And about it owners of a four-legged friend should take care.
- 1. Vaccination rules
- 2. Scheme vaccination
- 3. The price of vaccination with the dog
- 4. What vaccinations do puppies
- 5. Varieties of vaccines
According to veterinarians, the main function of vaccinations is prevent the development of serious infectious ailments in the pet. Rabies, plague, parvovirus and caronavirus enteritis, etc. – all these diseases pose serious health problems, until death. Veterinarians often have to euthanize dogs, although in the presence of vaccinations, such measures were not necessary to resort to. Hence the conclusion – vaccination is vital for pet.
For its implementation, it is important to observe several simple rules:
- Only a healthy animal is vaccinated. For this before the procedure the dog is inspected.
- An individual schedule must be made for vaccination. vaccination of dogs, based on the type and manufacturer of the drug. Only a professional doctor can do this.
- Vaccinations are given to dogs, regardless of their habitat. Both street guards and home companions are at risk the same percentage.
- Before the procedure, the dog undergoes special training, in which necessarily includes the intake of anthelmintic drugs and external treatment for fleas and ticks. During this period also necessary limit as much as possible the pet’s contact with strangers like people, so animals. All this should be done two weeks before vaccinations.
- If the plans include mating, then you need to vaccinate the animal for 2-3 months before her. If this is not done, then the risk of getting unhealthy offspring significantly increased.
All the rules are simple, and following them will help to carry out the procedure. without any side effects.
Based on the scheme, the first vaccination falls on the puppy’s age from 8 to 9 weeks. Revaccination is prescribed to the pet after three weeks. Earlier vaccinations by veterinarians are not recommended, so like a baby’s immune system, fed by mother’s antibodies through colostrum, until it develops on its own.
She is also vaccinated after the puppy has changed everything. teeth, that is, by five to six months. As soon as all vaccines affixed, the puppy leaves the quarantine state, he communication with other animals is allowed. With age, the amount protective antibodies in the dog decreases, and they are 1.5-3 months old become more vulnerable to infectious diseases.
Modern vaccines have less aggressive microorganisms than their natural forms, therefore the reaction of protective mechanisms to their introduction can be formed only at the age of 2-3 months.
Sustainable immunity to infection is formed only after two weeks after vaccination. It is worth considering that at this time the body the baby is in a weakened state and has a high susceptibility to infection by natural pathogens.
Some vaccines will require repeated administration of the drug, after the first vaccination, immunity will take shape 2 weeks after revaccination. Then for regular support of the immune system vaccinations are given once a year.
Rabies vaccination if the puppy lives at home and regularly walks in public areas, do with three or four months once, and then repeated once a year. To dogs kept in enclosures without access to other relatives, recommend administer this vaccine no earlier than nine months of age.
For dog owners – puppies have a period in their life, characterized by an immune breach, at this time derived from colostrum mother immunity does not provide protection against external threats, and the vaccine has not yet formed. The puppy must be protected from sources of infection. It is necessary to exclude stressful situations, contacts with other animals, and also make sure that the baby does not overwork and did not get cold. You can’t take him outside, as well as bathe.
As never before, a pet needs a balanced nutrition enriched with vitamin complexes and minerals. After vaccination for a week and a half is to save the puppy from long physical exertion and tiresome trips.
Vaccination is not an easy process, and it is important to keep a close eye on the dog. observe in the first 48 hours after it. At possible complications, you must contact a veterinary clinic.
The cost of vaccination is made up of several factors:
- vaccination is done in a veterinary clinic or in a patient houses;
- domestic or foreign manufacturer of the drug;
- what category the veterinarian vaccines;
- level of veterinary clinic.
The average cost of vaccination is as follows:
- Use of multivalent Russian vaccine (Multakan, Biovak) for dogs at home – 1100 rubles;
- The use of multivalent vaccines of foreign manufacture (Nobivak, Eurikan, Vangard) at home – 1400 rubles.
Passport issuance with veterinary marks on average will cost 150-200 rubles.
Vaccination of pets in the clinic will cost less by 500-600 rubles.
- how many dogs live;
- dog walking rules.
What vaccinations do puppies
One of the first vaccines for the following infections:
- Parvovirus enteritis;
- Infectious hepatitis.
Later (at 12-14 weeks) vaccination of dogs is carried out rabies and leptospirosis.
From one month to six months, microsporia vaccines are given and trichophytosis.
Varieties of vaccines
Based on the basis of drugs, vaccines are divided into five species:
- live attenuated (attenuated) – as part of these vaccines viable strains of pathogens with reduced ability to influence the body (Bivirovaks, Multikan and other);
- killed (inactivated) – preparations are made from microorganisms killed by chemical or physical exposure (Wakderm, Trivirocan);
- chemical – obtained by purification of pathogen antigens from negative constituents when using chemical and physical methods;
- toxoids (toxoids) – vaccines that are made from pathogens (vaccinations against tetanus, botulism, etc.);
In addition to existing vaccines, more advanced (promising) means – genetic engineering, subunit, etc.
The composition and properties of vaccines are based on the following classifications:
- complex (they are also associated, multivaccines, etc.) – consist of several components, each of which forms immunity against one of the infections – Vangard, Multikan and other);
- divacins (double) – form an immune defense immediately against two pathogens of infection (Bivirovaks, Multikan-2);
- homologous – produced from material obtained from that the same animal species for which the vaccine is intended, have an advantage over other drugs, since in their composition foreign proteins are not included;
- monovaccines – contain only one antigen of the pathogen infectious disease (Vaccum, etc.)
- polyvalent, or in another way – multistrain – are made from several types of causative agent of one infectious disease (Leptodog et al.)
Vaccines are also divided into types, depending on the method. application:
- aerosols (inhalation) – are administered through the respiratory tract dogs;
- intravenous – are placed directly into a vein;
- intramuscular – the drug is injected into the muscle tissue;
- subcutaneous – the introduction of the vaccine occurs in the skin layers;
- intranasal – irrigate the mucous membranes of the nose;
- conjunctival – the vaccine is administered in the conjunctival bag;
- cutaneous – applied to the skin with subsequent scarification;
- oral – the vaccine enters the body through the mucosa digestive system.
When vaccinating small breeds of dogs, drugs are more often used. for subcutaneous or intramuscular administration. Intravenous vaccinations put much less often because of fears of allergies, including complications in the form of anaphylactic shock.
In any case, taking care of the pet, you should choose the most an effective vaccine that protects the baby from disease.