Dog tray? Not so long ago, such know-how didn’t even thought about it. This attribute was exclusively feline, but increasingly pets of dwarf breeds began to appear, dogs without wool and the owners began to think. Today, no one’s dog tray surprise, moreover, they are successfully used in a variety of situations not always related to the size of the pet. If you got up the dilemma of what amenities to choose for a dog is worth considering available options, their disadvantages and advantages.
- 1. In what situations is a dog tray required
- 2. Varieties of “home amenities” for dogs
- 3. Common but unsuccessful dog toilets
- 4. How to teach a dog to go to the toilet
- 5. What experts recommend
What situations require a dog tray
Most owners of tiny dogs ask themselves, “A Do they need regular walking their dearest crumbs, if they significantly smaller cats? “Naturally, such pets are more sensitive to temperature changes, often freeze and can not stand the heat. It’s advisable to set up trays at home and walk with dog only in suitable weather conditions. Is worth emphasize that walking cannot be completely replaced by home amenities.
For almost all breeds, sooner or later the need for a home toilet. Of course, for large dogs a tray not an option, for everyone else a good way out. It could be due to the following situations:
- puppies before vaccinations and some time after vaccination is impossible take to the street;
- the weather does not allow walking puppies, hairless, shorthair dogs;
- the owner is sick and cannot physically walk with the pet (tray, for all reasons, much better than self-walking);
- work does not allow you to walk the dog two to three times daily street (of course, if this does not happen every day, otherwise case you should not make a four-legged friend);
- the pet is sick, undergoing rehabilitation after surgery;
- the dog is elderly and does not always endure walking (smart pets are very worried about such embarrassments, and a backup option will save favorite from remorse, and the owner from unpleasant surprise).
There can be a lot of situations, and if it happened, it’s worth considering toilet options available.
Varieties of “home amenities” for dogs
Animal Accessories Manufacturers taken care of, and in the windows of pet stores you can find the most various designs of dog toilets. Worth considering the most common ones:
- Toilet with removable column. Design quite ordinary, consisting of a pallet and placed on top of the grill. Additional detail – column for reference dogs needing the usual physiological posture – with a paw up. Trays are made of non-toxic materials, absolutely harmless, both for dogs and for others. Wash the toilet necessary at least once a day. Tray Content removed and washed. If the dog is only in the process of training, do not use detergents so as not to completely discourage the smell of excrement (read why the dog eats excrement).
- Tray equipped with a collector. Despite title, the tray is quite simple. The kit includes a container and durable mesh that is very easy to clean. As an option, in such the tray can be placed on the mat and filled with a special absorbent filler. To prevent unpleasant odors, under the net lays on a disposable diaper.
- Absorbent toilet. Like The toilet is similar to the one described above, only there is no grid in it. IN the tray is placed filler, at the discretion of the owner or pet preference. All fillers on the market absorb liquids and fight odors. A similar toilet is comfortable, but there is one significant drawback – often dogs swallow various inedible objects, including filler. And the puppies do it all the time. If a dog has a sin to avoid poisoning, it is better to choose a filler from natural materials (wood) or completely abandon this options.
- Diaper tray. This option is enough common. In addition, dogs quickly get used to it to do their “affairs” on a diaper. But if earlier one-time or a reusable diaper was placed on the floor or in a regular tray, then Today you can purchase special pallets that have mounts for diapers. This is a great option to quickly train your pet. to the toilet and protect the flooring. Today produced reusable diapers that are easy to wash and apply again. If you don’t want to bother or have no time, you can choose a disposable diaper option. The pan itself is easy to clean and does not absorb odors.
- Tray with lawn grass. Pretty Original multi-level toilet for dogs. Below is capacious pallet. The middle level has a protective function against contacting with the flooring. Top layer – imitation of lawn. The fluid flows through the grass layer and lingers in container. The tray is very bulky, so you can clean up after the pet only once every 6-7 days. Do not be afraid of an unpleasant odor, as the technology of “locking” is used in the manufacture of this toilet smell. It is convenient to use a tray with a lawn at home, on the street, it quite transportable. Its large capacity solves the issue with departure for a few days, if it becomes necessary to leave favorite at home. The toilet is adapted to any temperature changes, easy to operate and clean.
- Toilet box for dogs. Externally Design resembles a plastic carrying house. A tray is placed inside, and the entrance is equipped so that the dog can freely enter and leave the toilet. Suitable box for shy pets dwarf breeds and puppies, which distracts everything from business.
Choosing the right toilet, you need to focus on size dogs. On sale you can find trays and containers of various parameters. and forms. Most often, rectangular trays are used, but you can pick up and convenient corner model that can save square.
Common but unsuccessful dog toilets
Many, for economic reasons, use for dogs cat litter options, which, now, even for cats, are rare apply:
- A basin filled with sand. No doubt – simple, but hygiene is not different. You can make it yourself – a basin or bowl is filled with sand. Tank design itself will make it difficult for a small pet to penetrate the toilet, the sides will be too high. Filler is likely to pet will be to your taste, and he will be happy to rummage through it, falling asleep all around and spreading grains of sand throughout the house. Beyond the mess such a toilet will be “fragrant”, since the sand does not absorb smells.
- Double bottom tray. Economy option among toilets for dogs. There is no need to purchase special fillers, Yes, and the tray itself is inexpensive. The disadvantages include the fact that not all four-legged comrades want to use it. BUT, in addition, trays are made of highly absorbent plastic smell. Even with regular cleaning and washing, an unpleasant odor will appear and you can get rid of it only with the tray.
How to teach a dog to go to the toilet
Sure, dogs are very smart creatures, but still coping home is unusual for them. So that the dog quickly understands what is from him want, you need to take the following measures:
- you need to choose a suitable place for the future toilet and place a piece of cloth or a diaper soaked in urine pet
- if the animal is trying to relieve any unsuitable places for this, you can process them with special repellents;
- when catching a pet “at the crime scene”, it is necessary to attribute and put him in the toilet;
- puddles in the wrong places are wiped, the place can be treated vinegar solution to discourage the dog from going here time;
- apply reward and punishment system, good times obligatory, marked by praise and reward, unsuccessful – discontent and censure;
- if the pet resists and continues to mark the entire territory, it is necessary to limit its movement, put it in a closed space, along with a toilet tray; I realized the dog, that from him required – receives a mandatory fee.
Read more: how to teach a puppy to the toilet.
What experts recommend
First of all, experienced people unanimously claim that the dog still have to walk. If you want to make a large or average pet size, but no time for walking, it’s worth abandon the venture until more appropriate times.
The tray is suitable for permanent use only for small dogs, for other breeds this is a necessary measure. Moreover, not small pets can get used to household amenities, then it is necessary to clean far from small mountains of feces daily.
Veterinarians warn against cleaning household trays with containing chlorine. Dog may refuse to use the toilet or in general, lose the scent.
To accustom a pet to a tray, it will take a lot of patience and excerpts. The use of force in punishment is not permissible!