It is important for a person’s best friend to create optimal conditions of life.
If he will live in an apartment or house – allocate a place for him kennels.
When its contents are planned on the street, constantly or from time to time, you need to buy or make a suitable booth.
Such permanent or temporary housing is suitable for large pet like kangal, kuvas and Caucasian Shepherd Dog Russian or Estonian hound.
Stylish and comfortable house will definitely like a doggie
King bed for a dog
- 1 General requirements for a dog house
- 2 Varieties of dog kennels
- 2.1 Home option
- 2.2 Wooden house
- 2.3 Economy option – available materials
- 2.4 High technology
- 2.5 Do it yourself!
General requirements for a dog house
Some prefer to buy ready-made options, while others prefer do-it-yourself doghouse is more acceptable option.
In both cases, it is necessary to adhere to certain requirements for this building.
- The location of the booth should not be lower than the general level the ground on which the estate, cottage and the like is located. Having chosen the desired height, the booth must be installed at least 10 cm higher, as if on legs. This way you protect your dog from moisture and insects that can enter his house with land. If it is possible to raise the doghouse by 50 centimeters soil, then you will provide the dog with a place protected from summer scorching sunlight.
Gable roof construction with open terrace
From the territory chosen for the booth, it should be clearly visible whole yard.
If you plan to keep the dog on a chain, make sure that near the kennel there was no vegetation or objects for which he can catch on a leash.
Make sure your pet’s home is maximized protected from the wind.
- The dog house should not be located next to the abode of others pets; it can be a chicken coop, soot or a barn for cows. Vapors from their waste products can greatly undermine the dog’s health.
Indoor and spacious aviary for doggie
- The booth should be spacious enough for the dog to be in it. comfortable to sleep. How to calculate minimum sizes dog housing
- For height, take the height of the dog, plus 10 cm.
- For depth, the distance from the tips of the paws to the withers when the dog lies on the floor, plus 10-15 cm.
- Width is the distance from the nose to the tailbone of the dog, add here 10-15 cm.
- Laz width equal to the width of the chest, plus 5-10 cm, the height may be different, its lowest value is the height of the dog in withers, minus 5-10 cm.
If you live in cold latitudes, this minimum is desirable increase not very much, otherwise it will be difficult for the dog to warm up in spacious booth.
Mobile home for your beloved pet
To calculate the size of housing for small puppies, as a basis You can take the parameters of their parents.
- Insulation of the booth should be appropriate if you plan make her a permanent home for your pet. When in winter period the dog will live in a house with the owners, at this point you can don’t focus too much.
- Dog booth material must be harmless to their health. During the construction of kennels use wooden boards and / or metal. The first is preferable since the tree is not so heats up in the summer. It’s better to choose coniferous boards, they are reliable, and the substances they emit repel harmful insects. Absolutely Particleboard is not suitable due to toxicity and low moisture resistance. Last characteristic characteristic of plywood and fiberboard, so they are also excluded. Bricks and foam blocks collapse over time, they also do not fit.
Small garden of flowers on the roof of the dog house
You can paint the booth only outside, because inside the dog may be poisoned by coating fumes.
Comfortable pillow for a cute doggie
Slate, board or roofing is good for a roof iron.
As insulation – sawdust, mineral wool or Styrofoam.
Closed house built into the bedside table
Varieties of dog kennels
The design of the doghouse is striking in its diversity.
They are installed not only in the yard, but directly in the house or apartment – for such pets mittelschnauzer, leonberger Pharaoh Hound is an ideal option.
The home option is not so demanding in location and, therefore, more, insulation, dimensions remain relevant to it.
Such a booth can be located, for example, under a staircase or in pantry with a separate entrance for the dog.
And instead of the usual curtains, you can install a beautiful door, or you don’t have to do anything at all.
Built-in house in the wall on the stairs
Many people like home-like coffee-box options. tables or dressers.
Others, on the contrary, establish a beautiful and original a booth similar to a house for Barbie, focusing on it in design a certain room.
Padded stool in a padded stool
However, most often, a booth is necessary in order for your pet could feel comfortable precisely on the street, in the yard.
Of course, it is preferable to buy or make booths for dogs made of wood.
The classic version is a miniature house with shed or gable roof.
Such a structure is most optimal for those latitudes where precipitation is frequent occurrence.
If the roof is not flat, then snow and water cannot linger on her creating moisture.
Bowl with an open veranda and a hanging cupboard for bowls
Dog houses can be two-story two-room or more if it is planned that more than one will live in them the owner.
It’s clear that the two-story building is suitable for small and medium size dogs like american cocker spaniel, norfolk terrier and Alaskan Kli-kai.
Two-story booth with a ladder for a small dog
Often you can find models of booths in which terrace with a canopy, and in it – a specially designated place for pairs of bowls.
Design fabulous dog house
Economy option – materials at hand
Some are not particularly puzzled by how to do doghouse. Instead of boards, they use what is in the farm.
For example, wooden or plastic barrels.
The security moment remains important here – what was stored in them, and whether there will be harmful fumes when heated by solar rays.
If these “models” are properly insulated, they will become wonderful haven for your pet.
The walls of the booth are made of glass bottles
Some collect plastic or glass bottles and use them to bring out the walls of the booth.
The roof is made of boards. However, if such a glass house is long time in direct sunlight, then the doggie can fry.
A plastic doghouse with proper insulation can be good even as a winter “apartment” of the dog.
A plastic booth acts as a bedside table
Some companies offer advanced developments, for example, can be a model deepened into the ground with an integrated system climate control.
Of course, at a cost of around $ 400, enjoy such a dog not every doggie can do a house.
Very compact modern doghouse
Other manufacturers, without further ado, offer dog kennels that look no different from classic miniature wooden house.
But these apartments are equipped with pre-installed systems adjust temperature and humidity.
The doghouse completely repeats the real house of the owners
Do it yourself!
So, you measured your doggie, decided on its dimensions house and found the most suitable place for him.
Now you need to make a drawing of the dog booth, in which all its elements, including decor, must be provided.
Japanese style booths
The construction of the classic version of the booth:
- The floor must be double. We take bars with a section of 10 * 10 cm, from which we make the floor frame. For a heavy dog like alabai or bordeaux mastiff sex additionally reinforce with 4 * 4 cm bars across the frame. From both sides of the frame we nail the floor boards as tightly as possible so as not to there was heat loss.
- The frame of the walls is also made of bars 10 * 10 cm, for manhole use 4 * 4 cm bars. Nail the outer boards.
- We process everything with a protective agent; for waterproofing turn over and fix the roofing material. Now you can insulate the floor inside: glassine / insulation / glassine nailed by a stapler. Next we lay fair floor.
- The wall insulation scheme is the same as the floor. Inside the booth you can sheathe lining.
- To make a flat roof, bars with a section of 4 * 4 cm are taken, from which frame is made, lining is attached to it. Warm in the same way like a floor, then nail the second layer of lining and fix the roof.
Modern tree house for dogs
For a gable or gable roof, appropriate triangular elements are nailed to parallel rails of walls and fixed on top of the ridge.
Then we proceed in the same way as in the case of a flat roof.
Home trolley with drawer and roof slate
We make the roof removable so that you can easily clean it the booth.
- For the manhole we make the curtain.
- The outer wall of the booth is covered with two layers of varnish.
Built-in open doghouse
If you have a suitable wooden barrel – this is a finished frame booths with external walls.
Barrel with an attached table for bowls
To complete it is necessary:
- Come up with “legs”. It can be a rectangle of boards with necessary cutouts if the barrel is lying on its side. When is she standing right, you can use the bricks.
- If the barrel lies on its side, make and insulate the flat floor.
- Insulate the walls and ceiling.
- Cut a hole for the manhole, strengthen it with bars and close curtain.
- Cover the booth with two layers of varnish; on top – roofing material or other material suitable for the roof.
Separate compartment in the sofa for dogs
The bedside table for a dog is a combination of style and functionality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7/hqdefault.jpg”>https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7/hqdefault.jpg”>https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7?rel=0&enablejsapi=1″style = “border: none;” ebkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreenallowFullScreen>
Dog house: requirements, types, construction equipment
Some prefer to buy ready-made options, while others prefer a do-it-yourself doghouse is a better option. In both cases, it is necessary to adhere to certain requirements for this building.