Diet, that is, a certain diet, is required not only man, but also to our four-legged friends. After all, it depends on nutrition the dog’s health, appearance and well-being. Exists many diets designed to lose weight, normalization of the condition, improvement of some indicators of the animal. The main thing is the correct diet for the dog and compliance with a number of rules when transition to a new diet.
- 1. Veterinary diet for dogs
- 2. Diet for dogs with diseases
- 3. Protein diet for dogs
- 4. How to put a dog on a diet
Veterinary diet for dogs
It is worth noting that diet food is not intended for all dogs, but only for those who have certain problems with health. Moreover, the diet is prescribed exclusively by a veterinarian in a number of testimony, and he also exercises control over its results, and when Corrects the need. Most situations require regular tests, weighings, examinations and other diagnostic manipulations to perform at home and without certain knowledge it will not succeed.
There are many diseases that require nutritional changes. Among the most common in dogs, the following can be noted:
- Disorders of the digestive tract (gastritis, peptic ulcer, bowel disease, etc.).
- Diseases of the liver, gall bladder.
- Allergic reactions to food, etc.
In the presence of a tendency to the above ailments or mass body slightly above normal, the doctor may prescribe prophylactic veterinary diet that improves well-being animal and preventing the development of pathological conditions. She boosts the immune system that protects the dog from diseases, and will make her life long and active.
Diet for dogs with diseases
A universal diet that can do it in one fell swoop solve all the problems, no. Even available diets by numbers (table 3, 4, 5, etc.) are subject to adjustment for a particular patient and his needs. Therefore, not knowing all the subtleties, it’s not worth it independently assign your pet a “proper” diet.
It is worth considering the available veterinary diets and their appointment that are developed by specialists and meet all requirements:
- Proper nutrition for overweight and castration (read about castration of dogs). The most important thing the rule in this case is to reduce the average amount of food by twenty%. And most often this is enough to solve the problem, since slow metabolism needs to be reduced by the body calories. If the obesity is significant, it is possible to transfer the pet to low protein diet. However do it very carefully, since the dog is a predator and needs a source animal protein – meat, and a protein deficiency can cause the body of the animal is irreparable harm.
- Hippo-allergenic diet food. It includes a sample of various products that may have caused allergies, but only one in 2-3 days, and the results of their assimilation are fixed. Having identified food that gives an allergic reaction, its exclude dogs from the further menu. If the pet appears allergic reaction to a lot of food, feed the dog natural food becomes problematic. In this case, you can transfer the pet to special dry rations for allergy sufferers, or take a special laboratory analysis test, including 24 points. The latter will allow you to find out exactly what the dog maybe and what not.
- Diet for gastritis. With this common disease it is important to give the dog small food in portions, for this you will have to increase the number of feedings. Moreover the intervals between them should be equal. If the dog ate dry feed, it is advisable to transfer it to canned diet of the same stamps. In this case, the stress when changing the diet will be minimal. BUT here it is better to refuse dry granules. With natural feeding in exacerbation period, you can give the dog a rice broth, low-fat meat broth, low-fat cottage cheese. Then you can include in the diet and boiled rice with beef. All products with high fat and foods that can harm even healthy pet.
- Dietary nutrition for liver diseases. This therapeutic diet involves saturating the dog’s body. components that help restore liver cells. IN the first day it is recommended that the dog starve, consuming a lot liquids. At this time, you can offer herbal decoctions to the pet, if the dog refuses such a drink, you can limit yourself and water. To exit the fasting was comfortable, it is worth initially give the dog a low-fat broth made from sea fish or beef. Following 2-4 days mean feeding the animal porridges – from Hercules, oatmeal, rice, semolina. You can add a little boiled stuffing from beef or poultry. Partial nutrition is welcome – 5-6 tyrazovoy. Gradually, the menu becomes more diverse, in It includes dairy products, vegetables and more. For some changes in the organ, the veterinarian may prescribe a special treatment dry diet.
As you can see, with each ailment a special approach is required, therefore independently experiment with the diet of a sick animal Not recommended.
Protein diet for dogs
Protein is an essential component for cell renewal tissues in the dog’s body, increased lactation, hormonal synthesis elements, strengthening the immune forces and other processes.
Given the carnivores of dogs, they need to be regularly fed animal protein. But not all owners pay attention to this nuance, making up the dog’s diet. Eating cheap feed with low meat content, translating the dog into a vegetarian menu for whatever reasons and stuff leads to deficiency of this important component, and, accordingly, problems with health.
According to veterinary data, the puppy should receive 9 g of protein per kilogram of weight, adult animal – 4.5. Moreover, at least 1/3 of this substances must be of animal origin. To make up organism with missing substances, the doctor revises the existing diet and subject it to correction. On average, a dog should receive 70% of meat and meat offal, the rest are others components – vegetables and cereals.
A veterinarian may recommend special low fat diets and balanced amount of vegetable and animal proteins.
Worth seeing: which cereals to give to dogs and how to learn how to give medicine to a dog.
How to put a dog on a diet
When the animal is in critical condition, it leaks exacerbation of the disease, then the transition from regular nutrition to dietary and even fasting, is fast. Just the animal stops getting food and that’s it. Stress? Yes! But the disease will not wait until the dog will get used to not eating what she consumed daily.
If we are talking about a diet for weight loss, then it should not be to be so categorical. Serving Size Reduction gradually. If transfer to another feed is required, then the standard 7-day system is applied when in the usual diet a new dish turns on, step by step displacing the usual diet.
The appointment of any dietary food requires prior diagnostic examination. In addition, the specialist should give A number of helpful recommendations that you must follow so that the dog got rid of health problems. In some cases, the designated pet diets have to adhere to a lifetime.