Curly-Coated Retriever, Curly, CCR
- Popularity: 1
- Training: 5
- Size: 7
- Reason: 8
- Security: 6
- Relations with children: 9
- Dexterity: 7
- Shedding: 5
Curly Coated Retriever is one of the oldest breeds. This the dog is the most common in England, Australia and New Zealand. The breed was bred by crossing between Newfoundland, Irish Water Spaniel, Poodle and English water spaniel is an old type, now extinct.
This breed was a favorite among English hunters who admired their gentle extraction capabilities.
Medium sized dog, well built and strong. She has long, large skull, with a trapezoidal shape of the muzzle. The nose is black. The eyes are rather large, brown or black. The ears relatively small, covered with curly hair. Middle tail lengths. Color is black and reddish brown.
- A curly-haired retriever is more protected around strangers than other breeds of retriever and he must be properly socialized, to avoid shyness.
- The curly-haired retriever is smart and loves to work, but he needs a strong, confident owner who will give him time.
- A curly-haired retriever is difficult to find than other breeds. This is a very rare breed.
- Curly Coated Retriever takes longer to mature than other breeds, so be prepared for it. Process maturation can take at least three years.
- Curly-haired retriever is not intended for apartments and him better in houses with a large yard where he can spend his energy.
Breed of courage and perseverance. Curly Coated Retriever self-confident and elegant.
This breed is one of the most daring of the retrievers, however very sensitive. She is the perfect partner for an active, open person who also wants a loyal family companion.
The dog is smart, energetic, funny and noisy. It is obedient and loyal to his master, loving and patient with children, if they Do not annoy him too much. He is pretty careful with strangers and may be aggressive if feels danger. Get along well with other dogs and other animals from housekeeping.
The curly-haired retriever breed is sensitive, independent and has tendency to be stubborn. Early socialization and obedience training is crucial. It is important that training sessions are short and varied. Training should be done with firmness, justice and consistency.
The curly-haired retriever’s coat is unique and distinctive. Wool should be brushed during molting so that remove dead hair. But the cleaning should not be strong so as not to destroy the texture of the coat. Sometimes, after cleaning, the coat can wipe with a wet towel to make it curly again.
The dog is resistant to weather changes, it is quite tall activity level. The dog loves training and being constantly busy, otherwise it can become naughty. She loves dog species sports, especially swimming and play in effort. She feels better just in a fenced yard where he can move freely. She needs socialization and professional Preparing a Curly Coated Retriever is highly discouraged. for living in an apartment.
The main health problems of curly-haired retrievers:
- hip dysplasia;
- elbow dysplasia;
- progressive retinal atrophy;
- retinal dysplasia;
- glycogen storage;
- mast cell tumors;
- gastric expansion (inversion of the intestines);
This is a hunting dog that works well in any field, good watchman and wonderful companion. Used as a dog therapies for drug detection and search and rescue operations.
|Life span||9-14 years old|
|Height||Males: 64-69 cm Bitches: 58-64 cm|
|Weight||Males: 32-41 kg Bitches: 23-32 kg|
|Colour||black and reddish brown|
|Price||500 – 1600 $|