Brittany, American Brittany, Brittany Spaniel
- Popularity: 9
- Training: 9
- Size: 5
- Mind: 9
- Security: 5
- Relations with children: 10
- Dexterity: 7
- Shedding: 5
In the mid-1800s, French hunters bred the breed with a strong nose and talent to point to the trail and extract from the hole prey. The name “Brittany” comes from a region in the northwest France.
When it comes to an elegant, powerful hunting dog, no better than Brittany.
The dog is medium sized, strong and tidy. The head is round the skull is of medium length, the muzzle is quite sharp, with a large, brown or pink nose. Medium sized eyes and dark brown. The ears are short, the tail is short from birth and if he cut more than 10 cm. The color is red-white, brown-white, liver-white, black-and-white, tricolor (white, red and black).
- Brittany are high-energy dogs. They should, by at least get an hour of intense training every day. Without enough exercise, your Brittany can become a neurotic and destructive.
- Brittany is smart and they need mental stimulation as well as physical exercise.
- Brittany does not respond well to abuse. Be gentle and consistent, but don’t let them lead homework household.
- This breed is a people-oriented dog and not love to be left alone for long periods time.
- Although they are friendly and love children, it is not recommended. leave them unattended. Your britney has so much energy and enthusiasm that can accidentally hurt a child.
This smart, violent, active, sensual, friendly and tenacious dogs is submissive and loyal to its master.
Brittany are happy and informative, they are curious and independent, but respond well to their master’s commands. Temperament affects on a number of factors, including heredity, training and socialization. Puppies with a good temperament are curious and playful. Brittany spaniels usually get along well with children and others pets if properly socialized with a puppy age.
Brittany is fast, curious, independent and easy to training.
This dog breed is not just energetic, they are smart, therefore needs physical activity and mental stimulation each day. When it comes to training, you need to be consistent but never tough.
Silky and beautiful coat of medium length does not require large service.
You need to bathe about once a month and two are recommended Brush well once a week.
A dog with a high level of activity and feels well next to an active host who spends a lot of time in nature. Her basic requirement for copious exercise for at least an hour load every day. The breed likes the space to move, participation in dog sports such as agility, swimming, playing in an effort. The dog needs training.
Like most hunting dogs, the Breton Epaniol is quite hardy and healthy, as long as she was well cared for. By no less can be such health problems:
- hip dysplasia;
If you are looking for a new addition to your family or need a hunter companion, Brittany may be appropriate for your look of life.
This is one of the most popular hunting breeds.
|Life span||12-14 years old|
|Height||Males: 47-50 cm Bitches: 47-50 cm|
|Weight||Males: 13-16 kg Bitches: 13-16 kg|
|Colour||red-white, brown-white, liver-white, black-and-white, tricolor (white, red and black)|
|Group||for children, hunting|
|Price||500 – 1100 $|