Almost every third family has a four-legged barking pet, and in some more than one. However adult dog owners rarely wonder about the anatomical features of their favorite. But children are often interested in why a dog needs a tail, big ears, hair? Why one dog is tailored, and others, it remains untouched. So why is this part of the body needed to dogs?
- 1. Tailed tongue
- 2. Tail steering
- 3. Tail – flavoring
- 4. Tail – decoration
Any researcher will agree that everything that is created on Earth, has a certain meaning, and superfluous speech may not go. And even a tiny part of the body is of great importance to its owner, the same can be said of the canine tail. He is very important for animal and performs a number of functions.
Almost all the time, the tail is in a mobile state. is he It is a clear indicator of a dog’s mood. determine what the dog is going to do soon. Almost all people know that if a dog wags its tail, then it tuned positively and very satisfied, and if the tail is located between the hind limbs – the pet is scared or very I am ashamed.
But this is not all the “tailed” gestures that apply an animal in communication with people, its relatives and other animals, and they are not always interpreted unambiguously. Tail wagging may be a sign of aggression, and the dog, whose tail is calm condition may be more friendly than it might seem at first sight. The alphabet of the caudate tongue speaks of following:
- In a relaxed animal, the tail is naturally – the position depends on the breed – in pugs it lies on its back, in Labradors hang down, at the huskies forms a ring.
- Gently wagging from side to side, sort of waving – talks about the joyful mood of the dog.
- Intense waving, and even accelerated movement around his axis, in the manner of a propeller – this is unbridled joy and happiness, the pet is immensely glad that its owner has returned.
- A tail lowered or pinched between the hind legs is a sign of that the dog is nervous or submissive. In the same mood the dog may try to wag them quickly. But this does not apply to Italian Greyhound dogs – they have a similar tail position ordinary.
- The tail is tightly pressed to the stomach – the animal is very scared or trying to demonstrate exceptional submission.
- A highly raised tail that stands flat and stiff, resembling pipe – something guarded the dog.
- The tail is raised high, and its end sways from side to side. side – usually in this position the dog stands in one place, showing aggression, threatens people or other animals. By it may seem that the dog is happy, but all the other gestures say the opposite.
- A vertically raised tail that, as it were, shakes – a dog ready for a fight or attack.
- The dog carries something in the teeth and the tail is raised slightly above. torso – this pose indicates that the animal is confident and just like that will not give up their prey.
When looking at a dog that is moving, it’s noticeable that the tail is showing active participation in this process. He helps the animal balance when the dog walks on logs or uneven surfaces. Thanks to the tail, dogs can change dramatically trajectories especially important for dogs developing huge speeds – greyhounds, hounds.
In addition, the tail helps dogs to swim, because no wonder everyone water rocks – Labradors, Newfoundlands, Irish water spaniels, portuguese water dogs and others, there are quite long and thick tail. He helps the dog swim in large distances, dive and swim to the surface.
Tail – flavoring
Not all dog owners know about the paraanal glands, which are located at the base of the tail. They make special secretory fluid with an individual aroma. When the dog feels self-confidence, she actively waves tail, spreading its own smell, notifying the whole district about his presence.
In addition, the secret is an information medium and may tell a lot about your owner. He attracts the opposite gender and warns rivals. And if the dog is not so confident and does not want to attract everyone’s attention, he is trying to press tail to the stomach, covering the paraanal glands.
- Is it sweet for dogs?
- why the dog is drooling;
- what can a dog dream about.
Tail – decoration
In some breeds, the tail is a chic complement to the look. With long wool – for lapdogs, Pekingese, rings for huskies, dense for German Shepherd – this is not the whole list of situations when the tail is a real decoration.
Not without reason, in the standard, one of the points is devoted to this particular body parts. In a German shepherd, it should be as long as possible, in Labradors – In short, the Japanese Chins and Pekingese are straight and lying on the back, at the French bulldogs, he amusingly twisted.
Each breed has its own requirements, and for for some this is stopping. Yes, today for this procedure ambiguous, but dogs of some breeds really look more impressive without this, albeit important, detail. Fortunately, modern owners have the right to resolve this issue in one or other benefit.
Dog tail – this is a fan, mood indicator, steering wheel and fin. An important body that should not be underestimated. Unknown are the dogs themselves proud of having a chic tail, but the owners proud – and that’s for sure!