Most dog owners have a tough question – what dry food to choose for their pet, so that he is healthy, vigorous and funny? Today in the market you can find a wide variety of brands from various countries, but some of them deserve special attention. For example, the Monge brand from Italy, whose rations produced for more than one decade, managed to earn trust many dog breeders around the world. This manufacturer is confident and He knows that dogs dream of seeing in his bowl. What of myself presents Monge dog food?
- 1. About the manufacturer
- 2. Varieties of diets
- 2.1. Canned Menus
- 2.2. Types of dry food Monge
- 3. Composition analysis
- 3.1. Squirrels
- 3.2. Fats
- 3.3. Carbohydrates
- 3.4. Additional ingredients
- 4. Advantages and disadvantages
- 5. Reviews and opinions of veterinarians
- 6. Monge feed prices
About the manufacturer
Not all dog owners and breeders are familiar with the brand. Monge rations, however, most of those who have already fed them their pet, respond positively. Wide assortment of products designed for different breeds.
The company was founded in 1963, it was created by an Italian Baldassar Monge with business acumen. Then his family had their business – they raised chickens and supplied them to the best Italian restaurants. Naturally, for this purpose it was required high-quality meat, so on the Monge farm, the bird was fed natural, environmentally friendly products.
The case was quite successful and gradually expanded, but Baldassar was worried by the fact that after the carcasses of the bird butchered, there was a lot of residual products – meat, cartilage, skin, and more.
Throw away quality raw materials that have not been used for restaurant dishes, it was a pity, and the owner of the company began to think how it can be used. The result of thought was the brand diets for pets “Monge”.
The production of new products began with the production of canned rations. The concept was based on the opinion that this food will be acquire owners who care about health and well-being wards, so they want to feed the dogs natural and the right food.
It is these products that the family offers its customers Monge factory. Dry granules of this brand began to be produced much later. But they also include high-quality meat Ingredients.
The company and at the present stage is a supplier of poultry meat for restaurants, but the manufacture of feed has still become the main direction of its activities. In addition to the main production, today a research department is developing, developing new products, given the special needs of four-legged friends.
Varieties of rations
The manufacturer is quite experienced and has already managed to release several the line of feed, in addition, does not cease to expand the range. On the today there are a little less than fifty dry Monge menus and 23 types of canned rations.
To sort out such abundance and not get confused, just study the structure: the manufacturer offers 6 lines, including complete dry rations, and 4 lines of wet feed. They also include different formulas for pets of various sizes, breeds and health features.
These are the first products that the company began to produce. Today at It includes 4 lines:
- Monteproteico – in one component containing an animal protein.
- Fruit – The feed formula includes fruit supplements.
- Grill – meat is used in the manufacture of the diet, grilled.
- Fresh – a gluten-free food intended for nutrition animals with allergies.
Types of dry food Monge
This category includes the following lines:
- The manufacturer offers Daily Line feeds that are suitable for daily feeding of dogs, this includes different diets for adult animals and puppies, they are also divided by sizes.
- There are diets designed for future and lactating moms providing increased demands for bitches in this challenging period.
- The manufacturer took care of elderly pets, for them too there are special menus.
- The Specialty Line includes feeds for dogs of different breeds and sizes. The composition includes chicken meat, lamb, rabbit meat, pork, ducklings, as well as salmon.
- For dogs receiving daily intense workload, Recommended feed of the subclass Asset, obese pets – diets Light, and allergy sufferers – Hypo.
- Grain-free diets are also in stock – Grainfree Line in which there are no sources of gluten. Main components is duck or anchovies, combined with potatoes.
- Particularly noteworthy is the feed from the BWild Line – imitation of natural nutrition. Meat ingredients are not less than 65%, in addition, the manufacturer uses very original Products: wild boar meat, venison, ostrich.
- The Grainfree Veterinary rations treatment line also consists of grain-free feeds, but they are intended for animals with different disturbances in the body. It includes 8 feeds, which are recommended in the rehabilitation period after diseases, operational interventions, injuries.
The manufacturer made sure that dog owners can pick up food that is suitable for their four-legged friend. But a rich assortment is not yet an indicator of quality, for it assessments should evaluate the composition in more detail.
For example, you can take one of the popular rations line Daily Line, designed for medium-sized adults dimensions. According to the manufacturer, this is a full super-premium food suitable for regular feeding.
The composition of the product is as follows:
- chicken meat – 30% is a dehydrated product, and 10% – fresh;
- corn and flour from it;
- animal lipids – 99.5% – this is a chicken product with the addition of natural antioxidants;
- dried beet pulp;
- yeast (beer);
- dehydrated animal protein;
- dried salmon meat;
- fish oil in the form of salmon oil;
- dried cartilage of animals;
- dried crustaceans;
- MSM (a substance called methylsulfonylmethane);
- valuable prebiotics (CBS and MOS);
- plant extracts of yucca shidiger and spirulina.
The overall picture is that the feed has a good composition that confirmed by positive feedback from veterinarians. Ratio The important components are as follows:
- 26% of crude protein is the norm;
- 14% fat is slightly below average;
- 2.2% fiber is less than necessary;
- 6.5% of ash – within normal limits;
- 1.2% calcium;
- 1% phosphorus;
- 5.2% Omega 6 polyunsaturated fatty acids;
- 0.7% – Omega-3.
Again, with a few minor exceptions, we are talking about balanced product suitable for feeding animals.
The sources of animal proteins are chicken meat – dried and fresh, they top the list of ingredients. Considering, that raw meat loses its nutritional value due to water, mainly the protein component is hydrolyzed product.
Animal proteins are also found in dry salmon, as part of there is also a small amount of hydrolyzed protein. But the amount of these products in the feed is small.
The source of lipid substances in the diet of Monge is chicken and fish fat. The first component is preserved by antioxidant substances, the second – obtained from salmon fish. Both products are quality ingredients and good for canine organism.
The composition does not specify how much carbohydrate is contained in diet. However, it is known for certain that it acts as their sources are rice, corn and flour from it. If the rice is good absorbed by the animal organism, and its fiber is useful, then about you can’t say to corn. It, in most cases, include composition to somewhat reduce the cost of the product.
Beet pulp is often included in animal feed, it rich in fiber, which forms the stool. But more good in her not. As for brewer’s yeast, they contain a lot vitamins that make the coat shiny and the skin clean and healthy. But there is a chance that this substance will cause allergies.
The cartilage and crustaceans that underwent hydrolysis are quite rare foods but good for the dog’s body. They are contain chondroitin and glucosamine that support health articular tissue.
The following component may cause alarm among buyers – methylsulfonylmethane, but this substance is found in algae and bark pine trees. It improves the quality of the coat, provides healthy joints and skin, strengthens the immune system.
CBS and MOS – the abbreviation for prebiotics – they provide complete digestive processes and normalize intestinal microflora.
Yucca Shidiger is a healthy supplement because it has antibacterial effect and makes feces less “aromatic”. It is also a beneficial supplement for the immune system.
The next component is spirulina, obtained from algae, in raw form is a storehouse of useful trace elements. But during processing, most of them are lost.
Additionally, the diet is enriched with a vitamin and mineral complex, which includes the necessary elements in the right proportions. Composition Monge’s feed confirms that this product belongs to super premium category and can be recommended for feeding pets.
Advantages and disadvantages
The diets of this brand have many advantages:
- production is located in a territory with good environmental situation;
- the plant has modern equipment;
- all stages of production are tracked and are controlled;
- natural meat components are taken for manufacture, including very valuable ones;
- the amount of meat is such that the diet provides an animal with a sufficient amount of animal protein;
- raw materials are taken only fresh, not subjected to freezing;
- there are no meat processing wastes, offal and artificial additives;
- feed contains many nutrients that provide the animal’s health and well-being;
- Monge’s assortment is diverse and can choose the right food even for dogs with special needs;
- there are lines of both dry and wet rations;
- compared to other feeds in this category, the cost products of this brand can be called affordable.
As for the shortcomings, there are few of them:
- recipe formulas are closed, that is, on the package there is no information on how many components are in the feed contained;
- There may be a problem with the purchase of this feed, as rations of this brand are not common;
- if the owners are used to feed their pet budget products, then the price of rations seems high to them.
Reviews and opinions of veterinarians
Owner of dogs speaks about feed Monge Svetlana: “As a food for my dachshunds, I I tried many feeds: Eukanubu, Royal Canin, Probalance. The first of them was suitable for all my dogs, and I don’t change it going to. But the prize at one of the exhibitions was a huge package Monge, and we got it. As it turned out, the composition of this feed is close to Eukanuba and my taxonos liked it. Now buy I recommend it only to others! ”
Victoria from Moscow writes the following: “I have a tiny York that eats very, very few. But to choose the right diet that does not cause allergies, It turned out to be very difficult – then the eyes began to leak, then digestion was disturbed. Only six months later, we managed to buy feed with a good composition, not causing negative manifestations, this turned out to be a Monge brand product. Another plus – its price was lower than other super-premium rations. ”
Svetlana from Saratov says: “I have pit bull fickle, and not all feed perceives to taste. Once not was in the pet store of the brand that I use constantly, the consultant suggested trying Monge. With bated breath I watched how my girl would react to the novelty, preparing herself the worst. But … Amazement knew no bounds when the Swallow swam away absolutely everything to the last granule. Now I use only Monge, moreover, the composition is good and the price is good. ”
If we talk about the opinion of veterinarians, then many of them recommend that their patients acquire Monge, including as a therapeutic food.
Monge Feed Prices
The cost of production is due to regional location and packing volume:
- packaging canned food weighing 150 g costs 65-75 rubles;
- 7.5 kg dry ration package with original composition – with boar or ostrich, will cost 3500-3700 rubles;
- the price of 2.5 kg of grain-free feed is 1800-2000 rubles;
- 12 kg bag of food with chicken and rice costs 3900-4100 rubles.
As you can see, the larger the volume of the product, the more profitable it will be purchase. Another point – treatment formulas and canned food are more expensive than diets intended for daily feeding of pets.