Yorkshire terriers are small funny pets performing in role of companions. Owners should look after the crumbs and to take care not only of their fine coat, but not in less about their diet. And here there are a number of subtleties that It is worth considering when choosing a balanced menu for a pet. So, let’s figure out how to feed the Yorkshire Terrier.
- 1. Natural Products for York
- 2. What should not be in the diet of York
- 3. Ready-made rations for Yorkshire Terriers
Natural Products for York
If the owner intends to feed his tiny pet natural products, then all must be present in the diet essential vitamins and minerals. In addition, it is important to pay attention to the combination of protein, carbohydrate and fatty foods.
Like other predatory animals, yes, these cuties are also predators, the basis of the diet should be meat. It is given raw, previously scalded with boiling water. Among the most desirable types of meat can be noted veal, beef, chicken breast. 25% boiled cereals – buckwheat and rice should occupy the diet. York it is necessary to give 1 yolk of hard-boiled eggs – chicken or quail. How many times a day? Better to answer in a week. About 2-3 times a week.
It should be noted that dairy products must be be present in the diet of the Yorkshire Terrier. It could be low-fat kefir, cottage cheese with calcium, fermented baked milk, yogurt without additives. Although the dogs themselves are mostly eat it, but such pet selectivity is usually not very disturbing owners, as they are happy to eat fruit and vegetable dishes. Moreover, dogs like them both raw and boiled form.
Veterinarians also recommend treating your dog at least once a week. fish and seafood. Yorkies don’t give up shrimp squid, which are sources of minerals and iodine. There are proportions that you should adhere to the doggie I got everything I needed:
- 1/2 – animal protein;
- 1/4 – fruit and vegetable food;
- 1/4 – cereals.
The above ingredients should be prepared separately from friend and then mix. To the list of products allowed for feeding Yorkshire terriers includes the following:
- Meat products and offal: calf meat, beef, chicken fillet, chicken hearts and liver, heart and beef liver.
- Porridge – from rice, buckwheat, wheat, millet. You can cook teams dishes.
- Fresh and boiled vegetables – white cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, spinach leaves, slices of pumpkin, zucchini, beets.
- Fresh greens – parsley, onions, dill.
- From fruit to york, you can give some bananas, apples, melons, watermelon, persimmons.
- From fish to the diet, you can include flounder, tuna, herring.
Food for small pets is recommended to cut into small slices, it should be freshly prepared. Giving her better at warm form. With a natural diet, a four-legged friend should receive additional nutrition containing vitamins and trace elements.
- what to call York;
- how to teach a puppy a toilet;
- how much dry food to give the dog.
What should not be in the diet of York
In fact, so many of the products are absolutely unsuitable for feeding dogs, including Yorkshire terriers. Some of they are openly harmed, others are not at all absorbed by the canine organism, others are akin to poison, which kills a pet slowly, but right. So, what little York should never eat?
- Dishes for the dog should be prepared without salt, pepper, oriental spices, sugar and all kinds of seasonings.
- Fish should be marine, but not freshwater.
- Fatty meats, especially lamb, beef and pork belly.
- Sausages beloved by all four-legged pets and smoked meats are extremely harmful to Yorks.
- Among vegetables, it is undesirable for doggies to give turnips, among fruits – citruses.
- Any sweet food is also strictly prohibited.
- Pasta, bread and other wheat flour baked goods give york is not worth it.
- The raw protein of the egg in the raw form of the dog’s stomach is not at all assimilated.
- Milk in an adult pet can cause diarrhea;
- Meat, mushroom broths are heavy food for the dog.
Do not give york bones, especially tubular and other bones with cavities (more about which bones can be give the dog).
Ready-made rations for Yorkshire Terriers
Despite the fact that dry food is firmly entrenched in the life of dog breeders and the diets of their pets, consensus on feeding them Yorkshire no terriers. Many veterinarians strongly recommend feed the puppy of the Yorkshire Terrier only by drying. But the owners found way out in this situation, alternating dry granules with canned product.
You should choose high-quality food – premium or super premium. Given the size of yorks, this should be diet for small breeds. Among the popular brands that are most often owners of Yorkshire terriers choose the following:
- Royal Canin – in the line of these French feed you can find two diets suitable for Yorks – Mini Edelt 27 for small breeds and Mini Sensible for small dogs with troubled digestion.
- Orient is a Canadian product whose manufacturers care not only about the benefits, but also about the taste of the diet.
- Mera Dog – a number of antioxidants are included in the feed from the USA protecting dogs from adverse environmental conditions.
- Akana – feed from Canada, which is distinguished by high quality.
The benefits of feed are obvious – they are designed with the needs of certain breeds, they are balanced as much as possible various ingredients and serving calculation simplified utterly. What can not be say about natural products.
What to feed the Yorkshire Terrier at home, chooses the owner, however, should focus on needs and tastes preferences of a four-legged friend.