Dwarf pinscher (miniature pinscher) – a small doggie, but with decorative relatives share it only a compact size. This is a pet with strong nerves, strong character and indefatigable energy. All this must be considered when choosing the right diet for your little favorite. What to feed the dwarf pinscher to he remained in good physical shape and maintained his activity and positive?
- 1. The main problem of miniature pinschers is the tendency to obesity
- 2. Features of feeding dwarf pinscher
- 3. What type of feeding is best for miniature pinschers
- 3.1. Dry rations
- 3.2. Wet and canned food
- 3.3. Organic products
- 4. Transfer from one type of feeding to another
- 5. Products suitable for feeding the miniature pinscher
The main problem of the miniature pinschers is the tendency to obesity
- 1 The main problem of the miniature pinschers is the tendency to obesity
- 2 Features of feeding dwarf pinscher
- 3 What type of feeding is best for miniature pinschers
- 4 Transfer from one type of feeding to another
- 5 Products suitable for feeding the miniature pinscher
A puppy in the house is a sea of positive emotions, joy and delight. But owners should not forget about responsibility. Doggie needs care, walks, good nutrition. TO Unfortunately, veterinarians and experienced breeders note that not all owners with due attention to this question, and often the four-legged babies suffer from oversight, malnutrition, lack of regular walking and mode.
As for representatives of small breeds, the situation exacerbates the fact that doggies are perceived as toys is constantly fed from the table and pamper with various treats. If this do all the time, then soon the pet will be on the hospital couch— Dwarf pinschers have a tendency to obesity and urolithiasis. diseases, but most often the signs of these pathologies appear in the result of flaws in feeding.
Features of feeding dwarf pinscher
Despite the fact that all dogs are individual, there are a number of general aspects of feeding pets of one breed or another. Important not only choose the right food, but also adhere to the regimen. The basic principle of nutrition of the dwarf pinscher is stability:
- Having chosen this or that type of feeding, the owner should stop it is on it – the miniature pinscher does not fit a mixed diet, and frequent transitions from industrial feed to natural food and vice versa may adversely affect the health of the pet.
- Compliance is important – it is desirable that the pet receive food at about the same time; it is not only useful for work the dog’s gastrointestinal tract, but also help faster to accustom the dog to the street – he will relieve the need on time, and oh puddles and piles can be forgotten.
- Taking a puppy to a new home, it is preferable to feed him in the first 10-14 days with the same food that he received in the previous family – this accelerate the process of adaptation, and the baby will quickly get used to new conditions.
- Walk your pet at least half an hour after feeding – it is undesirable for the pet to be active with full stomach, this can lead to an inversion of the stomach.
- Regardless of the type of feeding, all food left behind should be clean – the bowl between the meals should remain empty.
- Water – the dog should have round-the-clock access to water in the morning it should be changed to fresh.
Dwarf pinschers are not too picky about food, but the owner’s wrong approach can make a difference. When doggie around the clock a bowl full of food, every now and then fall into it leftovers from the table or other “goodies”, it becomes more selective and, accordingly, moody.
Normally, food intake should occur on a schedule, not last more than 15 minutes, and after the meal the leftovers will be removed – then the dog will interested in food, and it will not distract him from the process. food intake.
What type of feeding is best for miniature pinschers
The owners of this active baby have a choice – pinscher Everything except mixed type of food is suitable.
The easiest option for the owner, which does not require cooking and self-compilation of the menu – manufacturers have already included in him everything you need and in the right proportions. However this applies only premium or super premium products that made from high quality wholesome raw materials. One more moment – dry granules already contain vitamins and minerals, therefore, the pet will not need additional nutrition.
Do not feed the dog low quality feed, which sold in ordinary supermarkets or grocery markets. Usually the main ingredients of this “drying” are non-meat components, and cereals that dogs can eat, but in small quantities. In the first place in the composition should be meat, fish, offal – the dwarf pinscher, although small, but nevertheless, the dog is essentially a predator.
It is recommended to purchase food at a pet store or veterinary a pharmacy. Packaging must be tightly sealed, timeline manufacture and storage are indicated on the label and strictly observed. Not it is worth buying pellets by weight – there is a risk of getting defective, damaged or expired product.
When choosing the right brand of feed, you should focus on size, type of coat, age of the pet. Should not be fed adult dog pellets for a puppy, and vice versa. If the pet has health problems, you should consult with your veterinarian. Perhaps he will recommend giving the dog a diet or food. holistic class.
If the owner does not want to take risks, choosing “drying”, because sometimes if you need to sort out several options, you can find out from breeder, what brand of diet does he feed his wards and stop at it.
Wet and canned food
The manufacturer offers various products, and in the segment premium and super premium they meet high standards veterinarians and experienced breeders. But if you feed your pet only canned food, then even in the case of a small pincher, the food will be quite expensive – such rations are less concentrated, and doggie It will take quite a lot of product for one meal.
You can feed your pet like food periodically, as goodies or rewards. It is also helpful to give wet food during pet recovery – after surgery or illness. Specialists recommend picking up canned foods of the same brand as the main dry feed.
“Natural” has both advantages and disadvantages. To the first include the ability to create a varied menu for your four-legged friend, in some cases, save, treat him useful goodies – crackers, slices of vegetables, fruits, nuts. In addition, if you include in the diet only useful foods, then the food will be well absorbed.
But there are certain disadvantages, which include following:
- it’s quite difficult to make balanced diet so that the pet receives all the important components in the right amount;
- have to cook daily, which requires significant time and effort;
- the dog will have to give extra nutrition and vitamin and mineral complexes;
- determining the portion size is more difficult than with ready-made feed – it is important that the dog does not starve or overeat.
Choosing the right type of feeding, the owner should pay attention to the pet’s preferences – often according to its behavior and You can understand well-being that eating is good.
Transfer from one type of feeding to another
If the owner decides to feed the pinscher with other food, it’s important not to hurry up and pay due attention to adaptation: when instead a dog’s usual food begins to receive a completely different product, this will prove to be a great stress for her body. At the pet can digestive problems, stools, vomiting, bloating and other gastrointestinal problems.
When you want to enter a dry diet, then it is included in the menu gradually, first replacing part of the portion, and then completely. At changing the brand of “drying” should be done in exactly the same way.
When transferring a pet from an industrial ration to “natural”, you can gradually feed the dog with canned food, without removing the pellets. Then add pieces of meat and other products to it. And then offer the dog ready meals made with natural food. IN On average, the entire translation process can take from 7 to 14 days.
Products suitable for feeding the miniature pinscher
The owner who has chosen the option of natural feeding should know what foods his dog can consume. This list includes following:
- Meat – it is given in raw form (1/3 of the total quantities) and boiled (2/3 parts). If the dog refuses raw product, you can pre-scald the pieces steep boiling water. Low-fat beef and veal are most suitable, but it is better to refuse pork.
- Cereals (buckwheat, rice, oatmeal) – a dish for puppies it is necessary to give well-cooked, but adult dog porridge can cook less or even fill with broth and insist until swelling, as the product will retain more useful substances.
- Fish – it is desirable that it be sea, low-fat fish, slightly boiled and peeled from bones, it is given 2-3 times a week, replacing one meat portion.
- Vegetables – boiled carrots, beets, cabbage, zucchini, pumpkin, must be present on the menu four-legged friend. They are cut into cubes or tinder on a grater. To the food is better absorbed, it is seasoned with a small amount of cream or butter. It is also helpful to treat your pet with slices of raw vegetables.
- Crackers – preference should be given rye, they are better absorbed, and their cracking is excellent prevention of plaque and stone.
- Eggs – they are included in the menu, but not more than 2 chicken or 4 quail per week. Moreover, their pre boil, and if the pet refuses to eat, you can chop eggs and add to the main course.
- Fruits and dried fruits – are excellent a treat for the miniature pinscher. A little doggie will refuse a piece prunes, dried apricots, raisins, slices of pears, kiwi, melon, watermelon or 2-3 berries of currant, or 1 strawberry.
The owner should not think that the dog needs a variety of diet. In fact, more important is the balance ingredients and their usefulness. That the dog eats properly, say his shiny hair, activity and cheerful disposition.