The representative of this breed is a serious, service dog, having decent size and excellent physical shape. AND owners who decide to have a strong rottweiler should know everything pedigree features of similar dogs – character, natural instincts and needs. One of the main questions that arises immediately, as the puppy crosses the threshold of a new home – how and how to feed the rottweiler, so that he maintains health, muscle mass, was cheerful and cheerful? This aspect deserves attention, especially when it comes to such large and massive four-legged pets.
- 1. Site equipment and rottweiler feeding schedule
- 2. Features of feeding a rottweiler puppy from 1 to 6 months
- 2.1. 1-2 months
- 2.2. 2-3 months
- 2.3. 3-4 months
- 2.4. 4-5 months
- 2.5. 5-6 months
- 3. Feeding the baby from 6 to 12 months
- 4. Natural diet for an adult dog
- 5. List of prohibited products
- 6. Rules for feeding “drying”
- 7. Video on how to feed a rottweiler puppy
- 8. How to choose the right food for the robust
- 8.1. Brit
- 8.2. Hills
- 8.3. Akana
- 8.4. Eucanuba
- 8.5. Royal Canin
Site equipment and rottweiler feeding schedule
- 1 Site equipment and rottweiler feeding schedule
- 2 Features of feeding a rottweiler puppy from 1 to 6 months
- 3 Feeding a baby from 6 to 12 months
- 4 Natural diet for an adult dog
- 5 List of Prohibited Products
- 6 Rules for feeding “drying”
- 7 Video on how to feed a rottweiler puppy
- 8 How to choose the right food for the flesh
The life expectancy of dogs of this breed is small and amounts to 10-12 years old. However, without care and proper nutrition, this period may significantly reduce, so that the pet was as close as possible longer, you should think about the regimen and diet of the pet. To begin preferably with the following actions:
- Food scheduling, which follows adhere constantly – pet should get food in same time. As for the puppies, they are fed through equal time intervals.
- Determining the place where the dog will eat – it must be permanent.
- Equipment for eating – It is advisable to purchase a special stand, thanks to which bowls are located at the desired height from the floor. Construction should be stable and well fixed. If the rottweiler will be constantly there is from a bowl standing on the floor, that is, the risk of violation development of bones and joints of limbs.
- The dog should have 2 bowls: one for food – After the meal, the remaining food must be cleaned. Second for water – it is in the tank constantly.
The place where the pet eats should always be kept in clean, dishes should be washed after each favorite’s meal. What water, then it should not stagnate, it is changing daily.
Features of feeding a rottweiler puppy from 1 to 6 months
Representatives of this breed grow very intensively, a half-kilogram baby after 3 months weighs an average of 15 kg, and by the year its mass reaches 40-50 kg. Therefore it is important that the puppy got everything necessary for growth, proper bone formation, muscle gain.
Rottweilers tend to be overweight and obese, therefore you can not overfeed the baby. Given the fast growth, no wonder that almost every puppy’s diet changes month.
Having been born, the puppy receives 4 weeks breast milk, and that’s enough for him. It contains all the necessary components and nutrients. Moreover, thanks to breast milk, the offspring receives the first maternal immunity.
From about 6 weeks, puppies become interested in what their mommy eats. If the kids began to “eat” the parent, then it’s time to introduce them to the first products – carefully and delicately.
But if there are a lot of puppies in the litter and there are weak crumbs, then the first complementary foods are introduced earlier – at 2-3 weeks. Their initial fed with cottage cheese, which the owner cooks on his own, give 1-2 times a day for 1/2 tsp, gradually increasing the rate. FROM For 3 weeks, porridge – rice and buckwheat are introduced on the menu. They are boiled on milk, cereals can be combined together. A little later, they add to food boiled meat chopped in a blender.
It is recommended to feed numerous offspring with a substitute bitch milk, which can be purchased at a veterinary pharmacy. Also on sale is a special food for puppies, which helps out if the owner does not have time to prepare complementary foods. Dog not receiving breast milk, fed 6 times a day with a 3-hour interval.
Usually during this period the baby has to move to a new home, and here the new owners decide what their new will eat pet. With natural feeding, he should receive meat (180-220 g per day) – boiled slices of lean beef mixed with porridge.
In addition to buckwheat and rice, doggie can be given oatmeal or oatmeal. Porridge has a liquid consistency, but the older the dog, the thicker dishes are being prepared. The puppy’s diet consists of the following products:
- 180-220 g of meat;
- 100 g of porridge;
- 150 g of boiled vegetables;
- 150 g of cottage cheese;
- 400 ml of boiled milk, it is recommended 2-3 times a week replace with fermented milk products – kefir, yogurt, fermented baked milk.
From 8-10 weeks of age, the pet is allowed to give bones – cartilage beef, raw. When biting a doggie’s bones the process of tooth change is accelerated and the dentition is strengthened. From 10-12 weeks, eggs can be included in the menu – they are given boiled, 2 once a week – 1 chicken or 2 quail. number feedings is reduced to 5 per day.
3-month-old butuza can offer raw foods – meat, vegetables, fruits. It is recommended to pre-freeze the meat, scald scalp with boiling water, this will eliminate the likelihood the entry of parasites into the body of the animal.
Vegetables – cucumber, tomatoes, pumpkin, beets, squash, carrots rub on a grater and give the dog, seasoning with a small amount of vegetable oils. From the puppy’s fruit you can treat with green rubbed an apple.
It is worth noting that carrots and beets should be given in a small amount, as they can cause loose stools. But while it’s worth refraining from feeding the pet with raw cabbage, it’s too heavy a product for the puppy’s digestive system. 5-time mode is saved.
The diet is diverse, it includes fish – low-fat marine, boneless. It is given no more than 2-3 times a week. The daily portion is increasing; a 4-month-old rottweiler should eat at least 350 g of meat per day, half a liter of milk, 200 g of cereal, as much cottage cheese and vegetables.
The baby is transferred to 4 times a day, daily amount meat increases to 0.5 kg. It is replaced 2-3 times a week with offal – liver, lungs, kidneys, heart, etc., they should boil thoroughly first.
Feeding a baby from 6 to 12 months
Since six months, a pretty grown puppy is fed three times a day, a portion of porridge increases to 300 g. A 9-month-old puppy looks almost like an adult rottweiler, and it’s being transferred to an adult, 2 meals a day. Pet’s daily diet from six months to a year might look like this:
- 500 g of meat or 600 g of offal;
- 1 chicken or 2 quail eggs (not more than 1 time in 3-4 days);
- 200-250 g of cottage cheese;
- 250-300 g of vegetables;
- 300 g porridge (with overweight dogs a daily portion of cereals reduce to 50-70g);
- 30 g of vegetable oil – sunflower, olive. His used as dressing for ready meals.
With natural feeding, puppies are supplemented with vitamin and mineral top dressing, complexes. That it’s better to give your pet it is worth consulting with a veterinarian.
Natural diet for an adult dog
Modern dog owners do not choose this type so often. feeding for your adult, large pet. After all, in this it takes a lot of time to cook food as well as compiling a menu and incorporating useful ingredients into it suitable proportion. It is important that the dog receives a diverse and balanced food.
The following foods should be included in the Rottweiler ration:
- Meat and offal. Component being the basis of the menu of all predators, including dogs. It is not less than 50% of the daily diet of the pet, it is given raw or boiled. Beef and poultry are best suited for feeding a dog – chicken, turkey, etc. But fatty meat – lamb, pork it is advisable not to give the dog. If the owner cooks the blood sausage himself, then a similar product – without spices and artificial additives, can become a wonderful treat for a four-legged friend. The store ones Dog sausages are not suitable. Twice a week meat part is replaced with offal, which is boiled before serving. An exception is the scar – it is useful in its raw form, it is cut into pieces and give a pet. Stuffing is poorly absorbed by the animal’s body, therefore, it should be excluded from the diet.
- Fish and seafood. This food is a source of beneficial trace elements, it contains a lot of phosphorus and polyunsaturated fats. It’s enough for a dog to give fish – low-fat species, twice a week in the form of boiled fillet.
- The eggs. This product is highly allergenic, therefore, it is introduced into the diet of the dog carefully, starting with a piece. To the dog received all the nutrients, it is enough for him to eat a week 1-2 chicken eggs or 2-4 quail, hard boiled. At intestinal upset dogs are sometimes recommended to give raw egg white, as it has an enveloping effect.
- Porridge. Must be present in the menu adult rottweiler, as they are sources of useful carbohydrates and permanently relieve the pet of hunger. Like puppies, adult dogs are boiled with buckwheat, rice, oatmeal porridge cereals. This should be done on water or broth – vegetable, fish, meat, but not mushroom. You can add a little to the dish vegetable oil, fresh, finely chopped greens, meat, offal, fish or vegetables.
- Dairy products. Milk is suitable for feeding puppies, but the body of an adult dog perceives it not very good, often this drink causes in animals gastrointestinal upset. It is better to include in the dog’s diet fermented milk drinks – fermented baked milk, kefir, yogurt, yogurt, etc. These should be sugar-free and non-greasy foods. artificial additives. They can treat your pet 3-4 times a week, in small portions.
- Vegetables and fruits. Even predators need vitamins and fiber, although to a lesser extent than in meat. A dog over one year old is allowed to give cabbage, beets, pumpkin, zucchini, cucumbers, broccoli, green beans. Dog can eat like raw vegetables – grated or cut into pieces, so and boiled or stewed. Also, sometimes a pet can be given a thick seasoned vegetable soup cooked in meat broth fresh herbs. In vegetable salads, it is useful to add a little low-fat sour cream or vegetable oil.
If you correctly compose the menu, the rottweiler will receive important Ingredients. However, even in this case, he needs to be given vitamin-mineral top dressing – bone meal, fish oil, etc.
List of Prohibited Products
It so happened that not all products are suitable for feeding the dog, so owners are advised to know that their pets should not be eaten. And, of course, right away taboo on treating the dog with food from the master’s table or feeding the animal leftovers left after a meal.
The following are removed from the diet of an adult rottweiler products:
- legumes – often cause unnecessary gas, bloating, discomfort in the stomach;
- potato – a vegetable containing a large the amount of starch, so boiled is very bad digested. Dogs may be given a small amount of raw new potatoes;
- confectionery (sweets, chocolate, etc.) – all sweets harm animals, primarily impairing vision favorite;
- tubular bones – dogs love them very much, but owners should know – such food is practically not digested the animal’s digestive organs and can damage the esophagus, gastric or intestinal walls;
- pearl barley is too heavy a meal for dog;
- pork – not only does this meat contain a lot of fat, so it can still be a source of parasites that are dangerous for the health and even life of the pet;
- sausages and smoked meats – junk food, containing many artificial additives – dyes, flavors, flavor enhancers, etc., therefore, should not fall in a dog bowl;
- citrus fruits – experts do not recommend them give dogs because of substances that are used to store fruit – diphenyl, methyl bromide, etc .;
- grapes – can cause fermentation processes in the intestines;
- river fish – it is excluded in several reasons – due to the fact that it is often infected with helminths, many fish species contain thiaminase, an enzyme that destroys vitamin B, or trimethylamine oxide – a substance that does not give iron assimilated.
In addition, do not give the dog spicy, pickled, oily food, as it can disrupt the digestive tract favorite.
Rules for feeding “drying”
Most breeders and owners are inclined to this type feeding rottweilers, as it has many advantages:
- does not require cooking;
- convenient to dose;
- the product is already balanced and there is no need to give the dog additional top dressing or additives;
- the place of food is always clean;
- You can buy any volume of the product and store it for a long time.
But this type of food has a number of limitations and features, which the owner must consider:
- when choosing the right product, you should pay attention to premium and super premium brands – they are made of quality ingredients and meet the requirements of the dog. Cheap is “drying” consists of cereals and meat processing waste, harmful flavoring additives and harms the body of the animal;
- the menu should be suitable for a dog of this breed – it should be diet for large, active dogs with developed muscle mass;
- it is important to consider the age of the dog – the diet for adult puppies is not suitable for adult animals, and vice versa;
- It is not recommended, without good reason, to change the brand of feed, especially if it suits a four-legged friend and does not cause allergies and other negative reactions;
- it is important to follow the instructions and strictly dose the portion – often the owners think that the dog uses very few granules and does not gorges, but it is worth considering that dry food is concentrated food, which, once in the gastric environment, swells, increasing in size;
- with the natural type of feeding the dog some water gets with food, but with a dry diet – no, so you need to The pet must have had round-the-clock access to water.
Some representatives of the canine world fit mixed type food, however, for Rottweilers it is unacceptable. If the owner has decided feed the dog industrial diets, the only thing he can add to granules or give separately wet or canned food of the same brand as the main product.
Puppy granules before serving, it is advisable to soak in water, they are given to adult dogs in dry form.
Video on how to feed a rottweiler puppy
How to choose the right food for the flesh
Many manufacturers offer pet diets in including dogs. But, unfortunately, not all of them are high-quality, well-balanced products. Puppy owner can facilitate the task and find out from the breeder what food was eating baby before moving to a family. Usually responsible and experienced dog breeders know which brand of “drying” is more suitable for dogs of that the breed they are breeding.
If the owner decides to transfer the pet to a different brand of food, then it is worth waiting with this question for 1.5-2 weeks, while the baby not adaptable to new home. More often large dog owners choose the diets of the following brands.
A relatively new product from the Czech Republic, which is released in 2 lineups – Kea and Premium. Brit premium – higher feed class, it is chosen by many breeders and dog breeders for feeding their four-legged favorites. In addition, the manufacturer produces grain-free menus, as well as a special diet for the elderly representatives of large and giant breeds, the formula of which designed so that the pet will not gain excess mass.
This is a Dutch-American brand whose products include to the premium class. Large breed breeders claim the menu Hills designed for these dogs are great for animals that are not allergic. Food includes important elements, supporting muscle and bone tissue in good condition. But owners of allergic dogs should be careful, as such food can cause an unpleasant reaction.
Brand of high quality Canadian holistic class diets production. The feed for large breeds includes chicken, ocean fish and a number of natural ingredients. Lack of One Akana – a rather high cost, so more often it purchased for dogs in need of special nutrition – pregnant and lactating bitches, puppies, dogs with health problems.
Super-premium product, production on territories of three countries: USA, Netherlands and Russia. But opinions breeders at his expense diverge: before acquiring a ration for your big favorite is worth a look carefully at composition.
Not all recipes of this brand contain natural meat. Often, instead of it, a dehydrated analog appears or the manufacturer indicates general animal welfare information fats and proteins.
Perhaps this is the most common premium feed brand, whose products, including for large breeds and giants, can found in almost any pet store. Despite the opposite reviews, many dog breeders purchase Royal Canin for Rottweiler
But they note that if the dog is well developed and does not have allergic to any component of the diet, the food is quite suitable. Otherwise, the owners have to purchase more expensive hypoallergenic products.
Rottweiler – a large, active dog, which today is more common acts as a companion rather than a service dog. And family in which is home to such an impressive pet, is worth more attention to devote to his education, training and providing proper workload, Naturally, not forgetting about proper, nutritious nutrition and regimen feeding.