Dogs, like people, are all different and have their own habits and preferences. The same goes for food. But in the case of tetrapods pets are not always talking about what they love or dislike animal. More emphasis is placed on physiological body features. Pug dogs have the original appearance and individual needs, which are worth orient owners when choosing a diet. So what to feed pug dog?
- 1. Features of feeding a pug
- 2. Pug forbidden products
- 3. Features of feeding pugs up to 4 months
- 4. Pug food 4-7 months old
- 5. Pug food older than six months
- 6. Feeding an adult
- 7. Feeding the finished feed
Pug Feeding Features
Pug – a dog with a small stomach type bag, which means that nature is not intended for digesting liquid food. This pet must eat exclusively solid, concentrated products.
The basis of the pug’s food, like other dogs, is meat – non-greasy and raw. Lamb will fit perfectly in his diet, horse meat, beef, poultry, rabbit meat, hare. You can pet treat raw paws, wings, necks of chickens or ducks. Pug’s gastric juice literally dissolves raw bone. What As for boiled bones, they break down in the stomach and become dangerous to the body.
Even in adults of this breed, there remains a need for the use of milk, with its help dogs get rid of heartburn.
So that the nutrients obtained from food are better absorbed, it is necessary to walk with puppies more often and longer so that they are many moved, feeding appetite. Pug puppy must spend at least two hours in the fresh air.
The feeding rules are as follows:
- you need to give food after walking, when the pet is a little rest;
- It is not recommended to give food from hand;
- if the pet does not eat, then you can not force it;
- for eating, the dog must be strictly reserved a place;
- it is necessary to follow the feeding schedule;
- giving food from the table is strictly prohibited.
When choosing dishes for a pug, you should give preference flat bowls. They must always be clean.
It is necessary to provide the pug with clean water. For these purposes there should always be a large bowl, and not only during feeding, and constantly. If you follow these rules, then the dog does not will throw himself on the water and drink greedily, and do it unnoticed, in small portions.
It’s good for a pug to eat raw meat, so it’s better not to offer him a boiled product. Often, the dog “comes to taste” in the future refuses to eat raw meat. But in its composition except useful protein contains vitamins and trace elements that disappear after heat treatment.
Pugs forbidden boiled chicken bones, even being thin and soft, after a dog’s stomach they come out stony feces, similar in appearance to limestone rock.
In nature, predatory animals obtain salt from the blood of victims. Purchased but meat has a low content. Therefore, in the diet of a pug, you can add salted fish, fish paste. Cook the dog essential without seasoning and spices.
Pug forbidden foods
To feed a pug properly, you need to know that he It is strictly forbidden to give. This list includes the following:
- Pasta – any kind, shape and composition.
- Semolina porridge – it is very poorly absorbed by the body dogs.
- Potato – can trigger the development of sugar diabetes.
- Sweets and all confectionery – except that they adversely affect tooth enamel, they also upset work digestive tract.
- Sugar and any substitutes for it are also unacceptable in the diet. pug dog.
- Sausages, deli meats, various smoked meats – cause tremendous harm to the pet.
Porridge and bread for this breed are heavy, hard digestible food that can cause fermentation in the digestive tract. You can give it, but not regularly and in small quantities.
Features feeding pugs up to 4 months
Naturally, the puppy’s diet is different from the adult dog’s menu, therefore, you must take this into account.
For a period of three to seven months, the active phase growth of the dog, which means feed the pug should be plentiful. Of the owners should not be afraid that a small dog absorbs food larger than an adult pet of larger sizes. This phenomenon normal, as the body grows intensively and requires energy.
How many times a day and how to feed a pug puppy? In this period should be four meals a day. In the first two feedings It is recommended to give the following products:
- dairy products – milk, sour-milk drinks (kefir, bifidoc, yogurt, acidophilus, etc.), you can add to them some honey, cottage cheese;
- vegetables – it is better to offer them to the pet raw, chopped on grater or cuts into small pieces, can be seasoned with vegetable oils;
- bread – a small piece, with the addition of butter, cheese;
- porridge (except pearl barley and semolina) – you can add any butter, pieces of fruit;
- egg yolk (from chicken or quail eggs) – it is possible in raw or boiled form;
- fresh fruits (except grapes);
- pieces of salted herring (if the pet likes).
In the third and fourth feeding the dog needs to be given raw meat, which should be without fat or raw bones, previously beaten off with a hammer. Pugs should not be given pork.
Once or twice a week, you can add a tiny pug to the food fresh garlic. Two cloves passed through a press are given with main course. Garlic will strengthen the animal’s immunity and protects against parasitic organisms.
Pug food 4-7 months old
The number of feedings is reduced to three times a day. In the diet changes happen – meat becomes the main course, increase the amount of dairy products and cereals. As before, the dog must not give liquid food (it can contribute to the deformation of the corset – the peritoneum will sag and the back deflection will appear), satisfying given need of drinking water. Healthy dog at this age still continues to eat a lot and should not be limited to nutrition.
Pug food older than six months
Feeding is gradually approaching the nutrition of an adult dog. You can give food only two times – in the morning (afternoon) and in the evening. The morning diet may be the most varied, but not contain fish and meat food. They are best offered to the dog in the evening. Such order should be adhered to up to 12 months, and then fully go to the adult menu.
If the pug receives two meals a day, then the interval between feedings should not exceed 12 hours.
The amount of meat is calculated as follows – 30 grams product, counting the bone, per kilogram of dog weight.
The structure of the jaws of pugs is designed in such a way that they have missing chewing teeth. Therefore the dog should just tear raw food and swallow meat, and even bones, in pieces. Meat products the pet receives in the form of pieces, the rest – in shredded condition. These are the characteristics of physiology in pugs and need be sure to consider this.
An adult dog should receive:
- Two thirds of all food is in the form of raw meat.
- Low-fat marine fish – twice a week.
- Dairy products daily – cottage cheese, various varieties of cheese, in including soft (Adyghe, feta cheese), dairy products. Be sure to regularly give the pug milk.
- Vegetables – any (except potatoes), in boiled, stewed and cheese form.
- Fruits – all but crushed grapes can be offered dried fruit dog, fresh and boiled from compote.
- Bread – no fresh pastries from white flour, only from flour coarse grinding, it is possible with the addition of whole grains.
- Porridge – you can give the pug buckwheat, rice, barley, oatmeal (except semolina and pearl barley porridge).
- Porridge and vegetables can be flavored with vegetable and cream oils.
If possible, it is recommended to give the pug 1-2 quail eggs per week. Nature has decreed that dogs of this breed need to eat land, roots and bark of trees, wool and skin, as well as warm manure of herbivores. So if a pet does it on a walk, he doesn’t need discourage, no matter how unpleasant the owners are.
There are many different ready-made dry and wet foods, but it is advisable to choose one that takes into account the features pug gastrointestinal tract.
Like other dogs, representatives of this breed need to be fed in at the same time when transferring to finished feed restraint and do it gradually. The same goes for changing one finished diet to another.
With this type of food is not worth it without the recommendations of a veterinarian introduce any biological supplements and vitamin complexes. An excess of nutrients can do more harm to the body, rather than their disadvantage.
If the dog is well-groomed and receives the necessary nutrition, then with palpating the sides, the ribs should not be felt. Otherwise diet needs to be reviewed. Right balanced the pug’s nutrition will provide him a long and healthy life.