Many dog owners are faced with the question of how dry feed the dog a day so that it is full and at the same time not overeating. This is even more important when the dog has a tendency to obesity and health problems. The norm exists, it depends on what kind of dog is it, how active is it, and to what age category he belongs.
Servings based on dog size
As already noted, the serving size depends on what energy nutrition of the finished diet, as well as how much favorite weighs:
- Representatives of large breeds, the mass of which starts at 40 kg, a day consume an average of half a kilo of dry pellets of a premium class, and economical feed will require 700-800 column
- Medium dogs, weighing 12 to 40 kg, per day eat about 350-450 gr. premium food and 550-650 grams of ration economy.
- Small dogs whose maximum weight is 12 kg, eat from 150 to 300 grams of high feed per day quality and 350-400 g economy.
Of course, the top-quality feed will be much smaller. size due to their nutritional value. This is the majority of owners. suggests that more expensive feeds are actually are much more profitable. Usually, having calculated the daily dose of food, the owner needs to distribute it in several equal portions, in depending on the number of feedings: it can be one-, two- or three meals a day.
Measure the most accurate dosage will help scales that use housewives in the kitchen. Some feeds include special measuring containers – containers or glasses. At their absence have to measure “by eye”. Measured capacity can protrude a tablespoon – an average of 100 grams of granules – these are three spoons. The approximate norm is 2 tablespoons of granules per kilogram of pet weight. But in any case, this is averaged data, which need individual adjustment.
A daily meal is usually reduced in the summer, this applies to representatives of any breed. But do not forget that it will be necessary to return to the standard dosage when will get colder. For service or overly active dogs increase the portion of food by an average of 25%. This is necessary for pets participating in competitions and various shows. Another one category of dogs requiring mandatory enhanced nutrition – pregnant and lactating bitches.
Puppies deserve special attention. When they happen intensive growth (this period falls on the period of 4-7 months), their need to feed more than an adult pet. In this case portion increases, as a rule, 2 times.
It is important to remember that dogs that feed on production diets that need constant access to drinking water.
- how much water should a dog drink;
- dry dog food;
- how to feed the Yorkshire Terrier;
- than to feed a German shepherd.
The amount of calories depends on the class of food.
The serving size is affected by the class of feed. After all, the more expensive the food, the higher its nutritional value:
- Feed related to economy class. This type of product the lowest energy value, so the daily portion will be maximum. This is due to the fact that similar products produced from offal of lower quality and cereals, and natural meat is not added to them. Calorie content is about 280-320 kcal.
- Dry feed premium. Because of the meat they have a higher nutritional value – 300-380 Kcal This indicates that the serving will be smaller. size.
- Super premium rations. Considered optimal daily food for pets of any breed. Their basis is meat part, and cereals in their manufacture are practically not used. If we talk about their energy value, then it is about 400-450 kcal.
- Food is holistic. One of the new directions in manufacturing production feed for animals. Their ingredients are foods suitable for human nutrition. Meat in the feed above 60%, this indicates their high nutritional value. These are the most expensive feed, but the portion of food is much smaller than that of others rations.
But no matter what food the owner chooses, there’s a clue for him packaging. It always prints a table according to which you can calculate an individual serving based on the weight of the dog. And since manufacturers use different products, then the norm will be, respectively, different.