Often when asked about the life expectancy of cats, one can hear conflicting answers. Some say that a cat can live more 20 years old, others and a 10-year-old cat are considered a longevity, which Not long left. So how long does a cat live? Answer cannot be unequivocal, because cats affect life expectancy many points:
- Genetic factor – often poor health is transmitted to a cat through inheritance, no matter how good its care may be;
- Environment – air pollution cannot affect animal health is positive;
- Nutrition – poor-quality, poor feed disrupts the gastrointestinal tract and the whole body;
- Stress – a cat that often has depressed conditions, suffers not only morally, but also physically feels the discomfort;
- Availability of necessary vaccinations, timely treatment and disease prevention – all this allows the cat not to die ahead of time from any disease;
- Existence of physical activity – a sedentary lifestyle leads to obesity and other diseases;
- The presence of good and reliable master hands that will support in any minute.
All these factors can be listed for a long time, but the most important will be one thing is to monitor the quality of life of the animal, then it will appear the opportunity to extend the life of a furry friend. So average the life span of a domestic cat is 15-20 years, although there are exceptions (and very often). Scientifically recorded cases when a man’s four-legged friends crossed a 40-year-old threshold.
The life span of a domestic cat
A domestic cat can count on its longest life if Compare her with a homeless. And thanks should not only the parents of the cat who passed her their healthy genes to it, but and the owner who has assumed the responsibility of caring for the animal. A cat living at home, especially one whose health is carefully monitored by the owner and veterinarian, there is every chance to cross the 15-year-old age. By the way, the life span of domestic cats is affected these are the points:
- Whether the animal is sterilized (neutered) – operation performed can give the cat an extra 5 years of life, which is due to lack of frequent childbirth, restructuring of the body (in females), scratches, the opportunity to be offended by a man fighting for a lady on a stranger territory (in males);
- Does it go outside without the owner’s supervision – contact with an infected or sick animal often affects the cat, especially in cases when she has a weak immunity. Moreover, domestic cat may not be orientated, does not know everyone possible loopholes to hide from the enemy (dogs, aggressively customized alien cat, ill-wisher among people);
- Does the owner prevent vitamin deficiency at least 2 times per year – rarely a cat gets all the vitamins from food, whatever nor was her feed quality. Lack of vital vitamins may lead to undermining health;
- Does the owner know in a timely manner the symptoms of ill health and Does he respond to them with an urgent trip to the veterinarian – even the most harmless loose stools or refusal to eat can scream to the owner about a malfunction in the body or a serious illness. Unfortunately, many owners go to the clinic when it’s too late;
- Does the owner care not only for the purr itself, but also for its objects – a tray, bowls, a berth. Pollution cat supplies are not only fraught with disorders digestion and refusal of food. Often dirty bowls, bedding become a hotbed of bacteria, viruses, serve favorable environment for the development of the disease;
- Does the owner pay attention to his darling or darling – lack of affection negatively affects the state of life animal, therefore, adversely affects the period that the cat will live;
- Does the owner always understand what is useful for the cat in her age – feed, medicines that are suitable kittens can not used for adults and older animals. Not worth the kids give heavy food that their body cannot digest, as an old cat shouldn’t give food, designed for young animals.
A domestic cat cannot always live 2 decades, because none of the animals is insured against diseases and accidents. But proper care always guarantees a good and lasting of life. By the way, it is believed that 1 year of cat life goes for 7 years human. Multiplying 7 by 15, we get 105 years. Not bad, because the owner of the cat is unlikely to stretch as much, although one of the loving owners will consider even a 15-year-old cat old? After all, for 15 years old – the heyday of youth. Sometimes the life span of a cat is associated with breed, but not scientifically confirmed that any particular species cats live longer than others. Most likely, it all depends not on belonging to any breed, but from a combination of factors, affecting the life of the animal. Even purebred cats are often right up to old age bring posterity, hunt, maintain vigor and interest to life.
How long does a cat live in the wild?
Unfortunately, there are many dangers awaiting a cat at large. Poor food, lack of shelter, unsanitary conditions, threat deaths from humans, dogs – these and many other factors rarely give chance to reach a cat up to 10 years. Usually life span a street cat rarely exceeds 5-7 years (by human standards, not reach 50 years). It’s sad that not only nature does not spare cats – often people themselves from hatred bring cats into planting, forests to certain death. Not only yard cats actually eliminated in this way, even domestic cats sometimes turn up for unnecessary. No matter how they say that the cat walks by itself, anyway, a cat is a pet. And without human involvement cat’s life is getting noticeably shorter. By the way, the cat also gives a lot of good for a person, because the animal can feel the mood owner, treat him, clinging to a sore spot, just give positive emotions from joint communication.