Origen Dog Food – A Canadian Family Product Champion Petfoods. The manufacturer on the packaging indicates that his diets have a “biological relevance” that doesn’t may not interest dog breeders. In favor of this product another fact says – a popular brand of feed Akana, which has long conquered world markets, is also the result of work Champion Petfoods.
- 1. Manufacturer Details
- 2. Origen feed lines
- 3. Composition: proteins, proteins, fats, extra Components
- 4. On the advantages and disadvantages of Canadian diets
- 5. Customer reviews, as well as expert opinion
- 6. How much does Origen’s dog diet cost?
Origen rations differ from other brands in that their the composition is as close as possible to the menu of the wild predator – this is “biological compliance”. Naturally, the main the food ingredient is meat – a source of protein.
Today, production is located in Canada territory, and the delivery of products is carried out in more than seven dozens of countries, including Russia. So popular not surprising, because the feed of this brand won more than one prize quality by participating in Washington independent research. Here they became “feed of the year” from 2009 to 2012, coming up most indicators and being the best among their segment.
To achieve similar results, the company has developed own production concept, which is based on important principles:
- “Biologically relevant” feed is produced on the only factory where all process steps are monitored.
- Champion Petfoods is a manufacturer, not distributor of foreign products. In addition, her management the owners themselves are engaged, without intermediaries.
- The composition of the rations includes only fresh components of local production – delivered without pre-freezing and preservation. No cheap offal, processing waste and artificial additives.
- The company with the help of biologists, veterinarians, experienced breeders developed a feed formula that is similar in composition to the diet wild animals – all the same dogs, in fact, are predators, and that means they need a special diet suitable for their digestive system.
As you can see, the manufacturers of this brand are serious about their work and offer dog breeders one of the best options for dry Origen rations.
Origen Feed Range
Several types of dog food of this brand are produced: in the form of dry rations, freeze-dried dry granules and freeze-dried goodies. In addition, they include age separation, size and other factors.
Diet for adult pets of any breed:
- Origen Edalt – suitable for feeding dogs of any breed.
- Origen 6 Fish Dog – the composition includes fish – 6 different species. Can be used as a diet for a puppy.
- Origen Senior – food for the elderly.
Diet intended for puppies:
- Origin Pappi – A formula designed for toddlers little and middle breed groups.
- Origin Pappi Large Breed – meets the needs of puppies, which differ in large and very large sizes.
In addition, the manufacturer produces a freeze-dried diet Origen FD Edalt, suitable as a balanced diet dogs of all breeds of any age. Outwardly, the food resembles dry a biscuit that you need to hold a little before giving the dog in warm water. On the package there is detailed information like this do the right thing.
Also in the Origen product line, owners can find freeze-dried treats that are not suitable for regular feeding, however, will be a great encouragement during learning. Or you can just pamper your pet by offering him healthy snacks. Do not forget that such food should occupy no more than 10% of the daily portion.
The assortment includes the following products:
- FD Dog – a formula that includes chicken, turkey and fillet flounders;
- FD Lamb – contains high-quality lamb meat;
- FD Duck – 100% duck meat grown on Canadian farms;
- FD Boar – a product from wild boar meat;
- FD Tundra – a treat of deer, quail and trout.
The range of feeds is not as wide as most other brands, however, few of them can match the quality of Origen.
Ingredients: proteins, proteins, fats, additional components
The manufacturer is proud of the quality of its products, and many awards confirm this. But still, experts wish make sure Origen is really the best categories? To do this, take a closer look at the composition and find out what ingredients are in the feed, and whether they really required by the body of the animal.
Each diet has a unique composition, but consider the most the most popular of them is Origen Edalt. It consists of:
- 38% protein
- 17% fat;
- 25% carbohydrates;
- 3% fiber.
But what does this percentage say? components?
- Squirrels. The main source of animal protein Origen Edalt favors boneless chicken meat. It is considered a quality component. dog food, however, it is worth noting that he quite often causes allergies and food intolerance symptoms. Besides, the second protein-containing ingredient is flour derived from chicken meat. It contains this component 3 times more than raw foods. The composition also includes the following meat products: liver of chickens, herring fillet, turkey meat and flour from it. Source protein is also the egg indicated in the diet. This is enough beneficial components rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, but each of them is not more than 4% of the total quantity. It is worth noting that the basis of the diet is still chicken meat.
- Carbohydrates. As fiber-rich carbohydrate foods, red and green lentils and peas appear in the stern. Formula structured so that the amount of carbohydrates in the composition reduced by 2 times. The advantages of feed include the lack of feed cheap cereals that a dog’s digestive tract cannot digest fully and they do not possess any food value.
- Additional components. The composition of Origen rations is quite diverse and includes a number of original components. Besides fruits and vegetables, this includes berries, herbs, medicinal extracts plants. Alfalfa herb is considered one of the beneficial ingredients. which can lower bad cholesterol. condition the joints support the cartilage of chickens containing a lot of collagen.
If you evaluate the big picture, then dry food Origen Edalt really is a super premium product. In its composition includes several meat components, which are the basis diet. Moreover, the ingredients are used in two forms – in the form of fresh meat and high quality concentrate.
Many people believe that wolves, being the ancestors of dogs, feed on exclusively meat. Therefore, it is enough to give their descendants only this product. But this idea is far from the truth – eating rodents and other small animals, predators absorb the contents of their stomachs – that is, plant components. So, Origen food is suitable for feeding four-legged friends, possessing such a diverse composition.
About the advantages and disadvantages of Canadian diets
To diets positioned as top-quality products, no less high requirements are imposed. But not all feed completely answer them. If we talk about the brand of dog food Origen, it is difficult to find significant disadvantages here.
The following factors are considered undoubted advantages:
- contains a lot of quality meat;
- composed of vegetables, fruits, as well as medicinal plants;
- the presence of a balanced vitamin and mineral complex;
- the formula does not include flavor enhancers, flavors and others harmful substances of artificial origin;
- Canadian manufacturer is trustworthy, as it is famous high standards of production at all stages of manufacturing;
- cereals are not included – not the best food for dogs, many of which are the cause of food intolerance and practically not absorbed;
- high protein makes these diets suitable product for feeding special dogs: those in the service, participating in sports competitions and hunting;
- producers do not add offal to their feed of unknown origin and meat processing waste; in the composition clearly indicated which product is contained, without vague formulations such as “animal insides”, “meat and bone residue” and other, low-quality elements;
- on the packaging Origen not only the ingredients are indicated, but here you can find out the percentage of meat components: this says that the manufacturer has nothing to hide from customers, and the company really cares that its work is as open as possible.
As for the cons, they are quite few:
- the relatively high cost of rations does not allow most dog breeders feed their dogs this food, even if they have such a desire; naturally, this significantly reduces the popularity this brand;
- according to reviews, some pets refuse to eat it or eat it without much pleasure – experts explain this by saying that in the composition there are no flavoring additives that attract dogs; in in general, everything is like in humans – the useful is far from always being delicious.
As you can see, the pros significantly outweigh the cons, which makes Origen rations appealing to owners who care about the health of their four-legged comrades.
Customer reviews, as well as expert opinion
Despite the fact that you are guided when choosing feed for pet is best at the recommendation of the breeder and veterinarian doctor, some information content and reviews of people who already had experience feeding their dogs with these diets:
Anastasia: “I am the happy owner of a cool Yorkshire a terrier whom I adore and always take with me. Therefore, to the choice dry food came seriously – re-read a lot of information, articles and forums. Almost immediately I began to notice that, in In most cases, two brands are mentioned among the best feeds – Akana and Origen. I decided to choose Origen as the first feed, since it contains a lot of meat and there is no grain in it. Took a chance save by buying a 7-pound package and did not fail – he came up perfect, and its efficiency justifies the high cost. ”
Semen: “It surprises me that some dog breeders are negative speak of Origen’s poop. After all, even if he did not fit alone for example, an individual has intolerance to a pet, this is not talks about its low quality. I have a serious Central Asian dog, a rather large male, even by the standards of his representatives breed, and not the first year I feed him Origen. The pet is healthy active, no health problems arose. Of course feed dear, but I buy in bulk, immediately for 2-3 bags, the price tag it’s not so biting and lasts a long time. ”
Svetlana: “We have a dog of the breed pit bull, which, as it turned out later, suffers from allergic reactions. With natural feeding we were frequent guests in the veterinary clinic – constantly corrected the diet and treated unpleasant manifestations – rash, itching, watery eyes, bald spots and more. Vet almost immediately recommended switching to a special feed, but we were against it, Considering that the best food for a pet is a natural. But, frequent allergies still forced us to purchase dry food, and we chose one of the most expensive, but with an excellent composition – Origen. Pah-pah, for half a year now, as we don’t remember the terrible problems, our beauty shines and does not bother her. For owners of the same “special” favorites Origen food recommended. ”
According to veterinarians, feed deserves a high score. The only thing some say about the harm to food dogs containing so many proteins. However, no scientific this opinion has no evidence.
How much does Origen’s dog diet cost?
As already noted, the price of feed in this class is quite high:
- a package of 340 g costs, on average, 380 rubles;
- the package price of 2.27 kg varies from 1700 to 2200 rubles;
- packing of 6.8 kg is 3500-4500 rubles;
- a bag of 13 kg costs 6300-7400 rubles.
Naturally, the prices are approximate, most often buy products at a lower price are offered by online stores. Also the price depends on the dollar, because Origen is western mark.
Origen is a brand of ready-made rations that breaks down stereotypes and proving that industrial dry food can be serious competitor to natural products.