Each pet that lives in the house has its own place: dog bed of different breeds, cage in squirrels degu, gecko terrarium or a chameleon. And the cat is no exception.
These animals like to relax in different places of the apartment, but hardly will ignore the house created especially for them.
If you are interested in looking at animals that are stuck in the most unexpected, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with articlehttps: //kot-pes.com/zhivotnye-zastryavshie-v-neozhidannyh-mestah/
The original table is sure to be a great platform for curious cat
- 1 Types of Cat Houses
- 2 What are the houses made of?
- 3 Which house to choose?
- 4 DIY cat house
Types of cat houses
In stores, a huge number of cat “shelters” are presented, their value can reach several tens of thousands of rubles.
The dimensions of the cat house can be completely different, and the appearance sometimes does not even remotely resemble a place animal:
- Cat hammocks. Represent soft plank beds with various mounting options (eyelets, Velcro, carabiners). They can hang anywhere, secured on four sides. There are products which are sold with rigid foundations – they can be fixed, for example, between the crossbars of a table. Such a cozy place is not difficult do it yourself.
A hammock under a chair will save space in the room and deliver pleasure cat
- Loungers. Another simple and inexpensive housing option for pet. They are very different: in the form of boxes and baskets, in the shape of hearts, rectangles and circles. Minimalistic couch may consist of two parts – a small stand and a dense mattress made in plain color.
Very comfortable sunbed on which the cat will feel like a true representative of the royal suit!
- House in the form of a booth. Conventional roof construction, upholstered soft cloth, such as plush. You can do it yourself. Often houses in the form of booths can be sold along with with a claw attached to the same platform as the house.
Wooden bunk house with stairs
- Cardboard houses. Creative but not functional option which quickly becomes worthless. Cardboard products may be very different: in the form of mansions, wigwams, huts.
Cardboard wigwam – now every cat can imagine herself real indian
- Beds and sofas. Miniature imitation of home furniture, Designed specifically for cats.
Classic canapes for aristocratic cat breeds
- Built-in houses. Usually these are cabinets and ottomans that perform two tasks at once. For example, the owner makes personal bedside tables things, and the cat sleeps inside her. Such mini-homes are upholstered plush or other soft material, often supplemented with special cushion-bed for the animal.
Lovely bedside table with built-in cat house will not spoil the appearance of the room
- Game complexes. Large structures that have everything for full-fledged life of an animal: claws, houses, hammocks, shelves, hanging toys, loopholes and stairs. Such complexes take up a lot of space.
The game complex is an excellent tool for entertaining cats
There are even designer houses and beds that are made in a single copy and are expensive.
Most of the products described above, you can create your own hands.
But not every mini-cat will like this or that cat, therefore, you need to know the features of choosing a future refuge.
Designer rug for cats in the form of a smoothly falling waterfalls
What are the houses made of?
The most common materials for mini-home for cats can be divided into several groups:
- Wireframe. Complexes and booths are made of plywood, particleboard, MDF. With your own hands, a cat house can be made from a wide variety of boards. The main condition is the absence of pungent odor, because the cat It is unlikely that he will spend time in such a “fragrant” refuge. For baskets and stove benches use a variety of materials – from artificial straw to plastic.
Wall-mounted modern house for several cats
- Upholstery. The houses are sheathed with soft plush (short-haired faux fur) or carpet. The same materials may used for sewing bedding and pads. In large gaming In complexes, almost all elements, except for claw points, are sheathed with soft cloth. In the manufacture of a house for a cat, you can use the most different materials, except strongly electrified.
Modern and functional cat house
- Fillers. Most often, synthetic winterizer and foam rubber. There are also artificial fillers in the form of pellets that retain heat.
- Scabies Wound with a jute rope. Scratching Post Frame made of metal or PVC pipes.
Such a clawfish will definitely diversify the cat’s leisure time.
- Connecting elements of complexes. Metal pipes on which hold houses and other elements of the game complex, not only prolong the product’s life, but also add to it sustainability.
Cat Skyscraper with Claw Points and Drawers
- Fasteners and other elements. In the manufacture of cat houses use adhesives without a pungent odor. To keep the upholstery firm it is glued, fixed with a stapler and even nailed. IN gaming complexes it is important to use metal fittings, so how she is the most reliable. All boards are fixed with metal or plastic corners.
Carpet houses hang like drops on a metal arch
Some models of houses are made using such materials like faux leather, velor, suede, special semi-synthetic fabrics (according to manufacturers, fully safe for animals).
Cozy rattan house
Which house to choose?
You can buy a house for a pet at any age and for different breeds and sizes, whether large cats like Maine Coon, ragdoll caracal and savannas, or medium sized pets kind of Egyptian Mau and Cornish Rex.
If the cat is already an adult, then some factors:
- Modest and unsociable cats that do not like strangers and prefer to relax in secluded places, most likely, will love closed houses from which they will not be visible. If the cat social, not afraid of people and resting in open areas, for example, in a chair in the middle of a room or on a sofa in a living room, then he quite like an open couch.
Rounded shapes appeal the cat to an internal instinct of search sheltered place to rest and relax
- The height of the house is another important factor. Better choose an option towering above the ground at the level of a sofa or chair, if the animal prefers to relax in these places. For pets preferring different locations and heights, a shelter with several levels (a small game complex is excellent option!).
Luxury Playground for Pets
- The size of the closed house must be such that the animal can it is free to lie on its side. But you should not choose too large items.
Wooden fish shape
- Large gaming complexes will suit the owners of the whole cat family.
- Keep in mind the smell of the new product – there is no sharp must.
- Particular attention should be paid to the stability of the structure, if it has several levels or elements. Lightweight construction will constantly fall and move, from this the cat will feel discomfort and try to avoid such a place.
Products made of cardboard and cylindrical fabric
Tip: you can optionally buy catnip. With its help, you can quickly accustom the animal to a new the house.
DIY cat house
Any cat’s corner, like a dog’s kennel, can do it yourself.
It’s not necessary to have the skills of a builder and a carpenter, because you can make a cat house out of any type of box, it is enough to sheathe it with additional fabric, and place inside homemade or purchased pillow.
The second modification is from a large box.
In this case, a round-shaped “entrance” is cut out in one of the sides, and the roof of the shelter can be made from additional sheets of cardboard.
Canadian-style cardboard house modest cats
A unique complex for a pet – a special trapeze.
It consists of 1, 2 or 3 pillows interconnected strong strips of fabric. From below you can hang a homemade hammock.
This is the most mobile option of a mini-house, combining multifunctionality and compactness. How to make a cat house this type?
Materials: the necessary number of sofa cushions (they can make specially for trapeze from faux fur or other fabrics stuffed with padding polyester), durable fabric tapes or belts for connection pillows (width from 10 cm), homemade hammock.
Soft playing trapezoid for active cats
Tip: pillows can be filled with any old towels or rags to keep them tight.
- Pillows are connected to each other in the form of a pyramid with fabric ribbons. Sew ribbons on four sides, leaving a distance between pillows 30-40 cm (if the cat is large, then the distance increase).
- Under the first pillow from the bottom, fix a homemade or purchased a hammock, for this there should be 4 loops on it, each of which consists of two parts tied together.
- All four ribbons are sewn together above the last pillow. Additionally, they can be connected with a strong rope, creating a large eyelet for hanging the trapezoid.
Hanging house contributes to the complete relaxation of cats
You can hang the trapezoid on a prepared reliable hook in wall protruding 20-30 cm (5 cm more than the diameter of the big pillows).
You can use other mounts that are in at home, for example for a punching bag or a swing.
Any cat will love the sofa with tunnels
A house for the cat, selected in accordance with its character and habits will become a favorite place for a pet.
And to neglect even the smallest home-made shelter is not it follows, because these animals value personal space so much!
In addition, gaming complexes will help to maintain health. pet, providing him with the necessary physical loads.
A design with scratching pads will protect furniture from sharp claws.
If you want to learn how to make a scratching post yourself, recommend articlehttps: //kot-pes.com/kogtetochki-dlya-koshek-svoimi-rukami-pomozhem-koshke-i-spasem-mebel/
In such a house, cats will have a place to frolic
House for cats: all the subtleties of the right choice
A variety of houses for cats: how to choose what Your pet will like it, and special attention should be paid to it. And also a master class on making unusual trapeze houses.