The Pit Bull, or American Pit Bull Terrier, is one of those breeds that are known for bullying and bullying. Pit Bull in fact, it is not a breed, but rather a term used to descriptions of the American pit bull terrier, bull terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier and Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
Some people think the American Pit Bull Terrier is the same breed like the american staffordshire terrier. But others consider on the contrary, that these are completely different breeds. Howbeit, American Kennel Club recognized American staffordshire terrier but not recognized american pit bull terrier, although the second is much more common the dog.
The sad and often undeserved reputation of a “bad” fighting dogs led to the fact that the pit bull became legally banned in some countries and cities in the world. If you are the owner pit bull terrier then you should know what you can meet dog-hostile people who are misinformed about this wonderful dog.
With proper socialization and training, the pit bull becomes Great companion for kids. He loves and respects his members families. American pit bull terriers are dedicated and truly loyal to their owners and, if necessary, will protect them until of death.
These dogs are very smart and can be easily trained by almost everyone. teams and tricks. They enjoy everything that gives them life, and love participate in any family activity. Their mind remains “young” even in adulthood, which makes them fun and cheerful dogs. Once you know this breed better, you will wonder how you once lived without him.
The origins of the pit bull terrier breed are traced from the 19th century in England, Scotland and Ireland. Dog ancestors were the result experimental crossings of various bulldogs and terriers with the goal of creating a powerful dog for bullying bulls, a dog that will attack until a large animal is defeated. When bullying was banned in the 1800s, dogs became use in dog fights. European immigrants gradually brought the pit bull to North America, and then to other continents.
The British Kennel Club recognized the dog in 1898, and a similar American club recognized the breed in the early 1930s, but already under a different name, namely, under the American Staffordshire terrier.
Contrary to its dubious reputation as an aggressive breed, Pit Bull considered by many to be a friendly dog with a good location. Those who encounter this breed actively train and train her, quickly get used to her. Recently, the popularity of pit bull as a domestic dog grows all over the world.
Pit Bull Sizes
The height of the pit bull terriers is from 43 to 49 cm, and their weight fluctuates between 20 and 30 kg.
Pit bulls love people, their family, and their guests. It is sure dogs that are acutely aware of their surroundings. Pit bull is guard dog and he will warn you every time about the presence of strangers, primarily then to greet them.
Despite the fact that their love for people makes them bad guard dogs, their courage is unparalleled and they will protect your family even at the cost of your life.
Like many dogs, the American pit bull terrier needs early socialization – getting to know different people, places, sounds and smells. Socialization can ensure that the puppy grows up in A trained and well-balanced dog.
American pit bull terriers generally do not complain about health, but, as with many breeds, they are prone to certain diseases. Not all pit bulls can develop these diseases, but It is important to be aware if you plan to contain this breed.
- Allergy. Allergy is quite strong common in pit bulls and usually develops on allergens environmental conditions such as fleas, plant pollen and dust. Food allergies can also develop, but much less frequently. Allergy in pit bulls can develop into beef, rice, corn, and wheat. Food allergies can cause severe itching and discomfort.
- Hip Dysplasia: This the disease can be very painful depending on its gravity.
- Hypothyroidism: thyroid dysfunction, which causes weight gain, deterioration of the coat and some other problems. Hypothyroidism usually develops in middle-aged dogs and can be controlled by daily intake medications.
- Heart diseases. Heart Disease in Pit Bulls relatively more common than other breeds. To these dogs congenital heart defects are also characteristic. However, many dogs show no signs of disease or only minor symptoms.
Maintenance and care
Be prepared to spend about an hour a day on a walk, game or any other interaction with the dog. Pit bulls need early obedience training that will require reinforcement throughout dog’s life. Learning is the foundation for a strong relationship with American pit bull terrier.
Pit bulls do not tolerate cold, so they will not be suitable for a long being outside the house. Regardless of climate, these dogs best live inside the house. They are strongly attached to members your family and will suffer if you leave them unattended long period of time.
Pit bulls are recommended feeding with a diet of 2 to 2.5 bowls quality dry food per day, divided into two doses. By however, the amount of food your dog needs depends on many factors, including age, metabolism, structure, and level activity.
To prevent obesity, measure the amount of feed that your dog eats and feed her at the set time each day. A pit bull must have a clear waist when you look at it top to bottom and you should feel his ribs under a layer of muscle, but not see them. If the ribs are under a tangible layer of fat, then he diet required.
Children and other animals
American pit bull terriers love children, and of course not on breakfast. Strong, energetic, tolerant, they will be perfect friends for the game. However, no dog of any size should be left unattended with children.
When no adult can control the pit bull, the dog should be kept in a limited area. To achieve sexual pit bull maturity will require particularly close monitoring when it will start trying to become the leader of the “pack.”
Do not let children pinch the ears and tail of the pit bull. Teach them respect for any dog, and do not approach the animal when it is sleeping or eating.
Due to its military heritage, some American pit bull terriers tend to be aggressive with others dogs. However, with early and proper socialization, such aggression can be minimized or completely eliminated, so most pit bulls are friendly to both dogs and cats. Just for safety, they should not be left without observations with small pets.
- Pit bulls need early obedience training and socialization, so that they can overcome their stubbornness and desire for leadership In young age. Their strength and stubbornness in adulthood can complicate relationships with them.
- The American pit bull terrier is not suitable for those people who do not will be able to give them enough attention.
- Pit bull in public places should always be on leash to prevent aggression towards others dogs. In the struggle they do not retreat and fight to the end.
- Pit bulls have powerful jaws, so they have frequent need to chew. Tough enough and suitable for chewing. durable toys that they cannot swallow.
- A pit bull is best for an owner who can offer tough and fair training but soft and consistent discipline.
Pit Bull Puppies
The cost of puppies of the American pit bull terrier with a pedigree in Moscow and St. Petersburg averages from 15,000 to 25,000 rubles. More expensive can only be an adult dog, which showed good results in competitions. Therefore you should think if you are offered elite puppies for a larger amount.