Beautiful and shiny coat is an indicator of the health of the dog and requires timely care. It’s necessary to bathe your pets special shampoos for animals. Means to choose focusing on the individual characteristics of the dog. Substandard cosmetics, as well as exposure to chemicals, contained in “human” shampoos can provoke the appearance of dandruff, itching, an allergic reaction and dermatitis.
- 1 Why you can not wash the dog with shampoo for people
- 2 Choosing a Pet Shampoo
- 2.1 For long-haired dogs
- 2.2 For shorthair dogs
- 2.3 For white coat
- 2.4 For animals with dark hair
- 2.5 Dry shampoo
- 2.6 Against fleas and ticks
- 2.7 Hypoallergenic drugs
- 2.8 For puppies
- 3 Allergy to shampoo
- 4 Rules for bathing an animal
Why you can not wash a dog with shampoo for people
- 1 Why you can not wash a dog with shampoo for people
- 2 Choosing a Pet Shampoo
- 3 Shampoo allergy
- 4 Rules for bathing an animal
Animals have virtually no sweat and sebaceous glands, therefore, even the most expensive cosmetics are not suitable for them
Dogs bathe no more than once every two months, an exception may make up a strong contamination of the coat. First swim should be carried out upon reaching puppies two months of age. It is necessary to carry out a hygiene procedure with special shampoos for animals, you can purchase them at a veterinary pharmacy or pet shop.
Dogs and humans have a different acidic environment (PH) of the skin. the washing up pet “human” shampoo creates a favorable environment for reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms. This leads to a weakening hair follicles and impaired skin acidity. Wool loses natural defense, it becomes dull and over time begins fall out.
Choosing a Pet Shampoo
There are many cosmetic products for bathing dogs. When choosing a shampoo, you must focus on the following criteria:
- Features of the breed and type of coat. Separate rulers exist shampoos depending on the length, color and hardness of the coat.
- Health problems. With excessive hair loss, dermatitis, and if a pet has fleas, funds are selected, specially designed for the treatment of a particular pathology.
- Manufacturer and price. It is advisable to purchase cosmetic products of famous brands.
- Structure. It is best to choose shampoos, which include natural ingredients.
For long haired dogs
|8 in 1 Tea Tree oil Shampoo||The composition includes tea tree oil and aloe extract. Means possesses hypoallergenic, bactericidal properties, strengthens coat and moisturizes the skin. Can use for bathing puppies.||A bottle of 250 ml costs about 500 rubles.|
|Dr. Zoo||The shampoo contains keratin and vitamin B. Cosmetic the product enhances the natural color, gives the coat shine and facilitates combing.||The cost of a bottle of 250 ml is about 100 rubles.|
|TM VEDA Phytoelite Shampoo||The tool is based on a decoction of yarrow. Shampoo qualitatively removes stale dirt and makes the coat smooth on touch.||A bottle of 220 ml costs around 150 rubles.|
For shorthair dogs
|TM VEDA Phytoelite Shampoo||The product is based on nettle leaves. Shampoo helps eliminate a specific odor and gives shine to wool cover.||A bottle of 220 ml costs within 100 rubles.|
|Animall Kurzhaar Shampoo||The composition of the product includes chamomile extract. Shampoo has antibacterial effect, moisturizes the skin and regenerates damaged coat structure.||The cost of a 250 ml bottle is about 200 rubles.|
For white coat
|Artero blanc||The composition includes retinol, chamomile extract and vitamin F. has a moisturizing effect and helps get rid of yellowish shades on the coat.||A bottle of 250 ml costs about 900 rubles.|
|Espree Bright White Shampoo||The composition of the cosmetic product contains aloe vera, jojoba and panthenol. Shampoo improves hair color and gives it shine.||The cost of the bottle is 355 ml within 700 rubles.|
For animals with dark hair
|Espree Dark Coat Aloe Herb Oil Shampoo||The composition contains orange oil, citronella and aloe juice. The tool protects against insect bites and gives the coat saturated dark color.||A bottle of 355 ml costs about 600 rubles.|
|8 in 1 Black Pearl Shampoo||Conditioner shampoo contains aloe extract and mother of pearl. Enhances brightness, promotes easy combing and gives shine.||The cost of the bottle is 473 ml within 500 rubles.|
If the animal is sick or afraid of water, then help may come dry shampoo for dogs. It suits smooth-haired dog breeds. with a light coat color.
The most popular brands of dry shampoo:
|Trixie trocken shampoo||The product moisturizes the skin and helps untangle the coat. Suitable for puppies who have reached the age of three months. age.||The cost of 200 g of the product is about 250 rubles.|
|Jean peau||A modeling spray helps to give the desired shape to the coat. Ideal for use while participating in dog show.||A bottle of 200 ml costs about 700 rubles.|
Against fleas and ticks
|Rolfclub||It contains permethrin, which acts on everything types of ectoparasites.||The cost of a 400 ml bottle is about 200 rubles.|
|Hartz Rid Flea & Tick Shampoo||Shampoo contains vegetable oils, oats and panthenol. Means disinfects the coat, prevents the occurrence of scabies and moisturizes the skin.||A 532 ml bottle costs about 500 rubles.|
|Herba vitae||It contains tar. It removes dandruff, restores skin and has an antimicrobial effect.||A bottle of 250 ml costs about 100 rubles.|
|8 in 1 Sensitive Shampoo||Hypoallergenic dog shampoo relieves skin irritation integument and makes the coat soft to the touch.||The cost of a 250 ml bottle is about 450 rubles.|
|Trixie welpen-shampoo||The tool provides gentle care and care for the skin and coat puppies.||A bottle of 250 ml costs about 250 rubles.|
|Herba vitae||The composition includes an extract of violets and cornflower. Shampoo softens skin and makes the coat shiny.||A bottle of 250 ml costs about 150 rubles.|
When the first symptoms of allergies appear, the pet must be given antihistamine, such as Suprastin and take to examination in a veterinary clinic
If the shampoo did not fit the pet, then it may occur allergic reaction. She may appear as follows symptoms:
- redness of the skin;
- hair loss.
Rules for bathing an animal
Put a rubber mat or towel on the bottom of the bathtub to so that the pet does not slip
Shampooing your dog often is not recommended, so in the process bathing from the skin is washed off protective grease. Half an hour before washing the dog close all windows to avoid drafts.
The procedure for the hygiene procedure:
- Fill the bathtub with warm water (its temperature should be in within 40 degrees).
- Put the animal in the bath and dampen it with plenty of water.
- Dilute the shampoo in water in a ratio of 1: 5 and apply it on coat, carefully rubbing. Make sure that the foam does not hit the ears and eyes.
- Wash your back, tail, legs, belly, neck, genitals, wool around the anus and head.
- Wash the shampoo with water and lather the pet again.
- While rinsing, push the foam down with your hands, starting with animal heads. Finally, rinse your stomach with water and paws.
- After washing the shampoo, remove the dog from the bathroom and wipe wool with a terry towel (change it to dry as impregnation).
- Then wrap the animal with a dry cloth or dry the hair a cover with a hairdryer (having previously set it to sparing mode).
- Do not take your pet outside until his coat is completely will dry out.
Animals that have long hair are recommended. comb before bathing. This will get rid of old hair. and facilitate washing and drying.
It is forbidden to swim in such cases:
- pregnant animals with flea shampoos;
- for three days after treatment from fleas and ticks;
- if the pet is currently sick;
- within two weeks after vaccination.
Hair care not only improves the appearance of the dog, but also to avoid the occurrence of various diseases. Timely conducting hygiene procedures and properly selected cosmetics will help to shine the hair, get rid of pollution and destroy pathogens.