Dry food for castrated cats is characterized by reduced the content of carbohydrates, as well as phosphorus and magnesium in the composition.
So that hormonal changes in the animal’s body do not lead to the appearance of excess weight, it is recommended to give specialized castrated dry food cats.
The menu with the corresponding designation is present in the lines different manufacturers.
The diet for castrated cats can be selected premium or super premium.
- 1 Feed Overview
- 2 Composition
- 3 Pros and Cons
- 4 Specifics
- 5 reviews
- 6 Conclusion
After castration, the hormone changes in the cat, which leads to increase appetite.
If you do not monitor the amount of feed consumed, soon your pet will face obesity.
Therefore, the animal needs food with carefully calibrated energy value.
After surgery, the risk of obesity increases
Also, after surgery, there is a likelihood of urolithiasis illnesses.
In cats, the ureters are S-shaped.
Due to changes in hormonal levels, the risk of education stones.
Their presence in the ureters leads to obstruction urethra.
To prevent the development of such pathologies, in nutrition the animal should be minimized phosphorus and magnesium.
Given the difficulty in compiling the menu, it’s better to feed castrated cat dry food, taking into account its features.
A special diet contains a large percentage of protein, which gives a feeling of fullness, supports muscle mass and improves taste.
Also reduced in fat to prevent the appearance of excess weight.
The presence of beets provides a good metabolism.
Food must be balanced
Consider the composition of one of the feed included in the rating for castrated premium cats – Royal Canin Neutered Skin Young Male Feline.
This diet is for animals from the time of surgery to 7 years.
Royal Canin ration for cats after surgery up to 7 years
Among the ingredients:
- dry poultry meat;
- hydrolyzed animal proteins;
- fish fat;
- animal fats;
- corn and wheat gluten;
- plantain seeds;
- marigold extract;
- mineral complex;
- soybean oil, borage;
- beet pulp.
The food is enriched with proteins, which helps maintain muscle, and also improves the taste of the mixture.
In contrast, starch content is reduced to prevent cats after surgery the development of obesity.
On the bag with dry food is marked S / O Index.
It means that the diet forms in the excretory system. a medium in which the formation of oxalate crystals is less likely calcium and struvite.
Interesting! Compared to carbohydrates, proteins give almost a third less energy at the same exchange rate processes.
Advantages and disadvantages
To decide on the choice of diet for your pet, it’s worth consider all the advantages and disadvantages of the presented nutrition.
You can also read reviews and decide whether and if Neutered cat dry food of a certain brand.
When choosing food, you need to take into account features and preferences your pet
- specially designed diets reduced phosphorus and magnesium, which can cause the formation of stones;
- balanced ratio of carbohydrates and proteins;
- reduced fat;
- different flavor combinations.
The disadvantages include the following characteristics:
- feed the castrated cat with high quality dry food may be costly;
- premium feeds contain corn, which can cause allergies in some animals;
- some feed brands may not be found in all pet stores.
To make a choice, it is worth considering carefully feed description.
From this information we can conclude whether the mixture is suitable specific animal.
To choose your best castrated cat the best and suitable premium food or super premium diet (Purina Van, Grandorf, Bozita, Leonardo and other brands), it is worth familiarizing yourself with offers from different manufacturers.
- Purina Pro Plan After Care To lower the caloric content of the mixture, the manufacturer increased the total proportion of proteins and reduced carbohydrate content. The latter have much more energy value. It contains turkey (20%), dehydrated protein of poultry, vegetable fiber, fish oil. Selected ingredients in the composition help maintain optimal weight, excretory system health and normal glucose metabolism. There is an aromatic additive in the feed, which improves the taste of the mixture. The composition is enriched vitamins A, C, E and D3.
ProPlan product range
- Hill`s Science Plan Sterilized Cat Young Adult This mix is for castrated cats from 6 months to 6 years. The diet is designed specifically for weight control. animal. The composition contains a complex of antioxidants. Main the protein component is chicken, its share is 30%. Also among ingredients of poultry flour, corn, animal and fish oil. The composition is enriched with vitamins A, C, E, D3, and also contains L-carnitine and fatty acids of the Omega-3, Omega-6 classes.
If you want to know how old your cat is by human by standards, we advise you to read article: https: //kot-pes.com/skolko-let-koshke-po-chelovecheskim-merkam/
Hills Castrated Cat Food
- Almo Nature Functional Adult Sterilized. Holistic diet for castrated cats. Composed of contains 15% fresh meat. Compared to premium feeds, it contains more vitamins, minerals, no enhancers taste. Among the ingredients are vegetable and animal fats, while lowered phosphorus and magnesium, which may contribute the formation of stones. Quality, balanced mix maintains optimal urine pH, which serves as prevention the appearance of crystals. The packaging indicates the feeding rate. If follow these recommendations, for the weight of your pet you can not worry.
Diet for castrated cats from natural ingredients
- 1st Choice Adult Weight Control. This feed is designed for overweight animals. The composition is reduced in fat. A balanced diet accelerates the removal of lumps of wool from digestive tract and maintains optimal urine pH. AT The composition includes natural fiber, which contributes to healthy metabolism and gives a feeling of fullness.
High Protein Feed
- Eukanuba Sterilized Weight Control. Mixture Suitable for cats after surgery and are prone to obesity. In the composition, the proportion of fats is reduced and the magnesium content is reduced. The main protein components are chicken and turkey meat. Due solid structure of granules; teeth are cleaned during eating animal, the likelihood of calculus is reduced. Greasy acids support healthy skin and coat. Also composed there are vitamins, trace elements, L-carnitine and natural cellulose.
- Perfect Fit Senior 8+. This The food is tailored to the needs of cats over 8 years old. Due antioxidant content helps fight the signs of aging. To strengthen the heart, taurine and lutein are included. Main the protein component is dehydrated chicken. Also composed there are cornmeal, rice, animal fat, yeast, beets – fiber source, flaxseed, calendula flower flour, complex vitamins and minerals.
There are many diets for castrated cats and some rulers for animals over 8 years old.
To choose the best composition for your pet, it’s worth see the rating of dry feeds and read reviews.
Catherine, Rostov-on-Don: “My cat they were castrated when he was one year old. After the operation, the veterinarian advised to feed him only with special mixtures for sterilized cats. Proposed to try the brand Pro Plan After Care. Now I give the cat only this mixture. Noted that the wool has become much better, less drops out, no dandruff. ”
Anna, Yaroslavl: “I keep two cats, and to find a food that both of them would like and like would turn out to be not so easy. Tried a mixture of Hill`s Science Plan Sterilized Cat Young Adult with Tuna. This food is eaten with appetite, weight gain I didn’t notice (even the older cat, who crossed the 15-year-old boundary). The composition contains vitamins and minerals, quality satisfied. ”
Olga, Perm: “We switched to a mixture of Royal Canin Neutered Young Male. Good food for young cats. Previously treated your pet from urolithiasis. Against the background of this diet exacerbations were not observed, eats with pleasure. ”
Not only the owner chooses
Wondering if castrated cats can have dry food, it is worth considering that the line of rations is developed taking into account the needs of such animals.
They are presented in different price categories, but in all reduced the content of salts and carbohydrates.
They maintain the health of the pet after surgery and prevent the appearance of excess weight.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SRetXC5seM?rel=0&enablejsapi=1″style = “border: none;” ebkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen>
Dry food for neutered cats – disease prevention and balanced composition
Dry food for castrated cats is characterized by reduced the content of carbohydrates, as well as phosphorus and magnesium in the composition. A specific diet supports the health of the excretory system, prevents obesity, takes care of the condition of the skin and coat.