Alabai – large, stately dogs that require special approach. But this relates more to issues of conditions of detention and education, and feeding representatives of this breed is not much different from eating large dogs of other breeds. The main thing is observe certain rules and do not overfeed, then the pet will be beautiful, sleek, and above all healthy. So what to feed weak?
- 1. Basic rules for feeding alabaev
- 2. Dry ready-made food for alabaev
- 3. Feeding alabai with natural food
- 4. Estimated weekly ration
- 5. Feeding puppies alabai
- 6. How to feed the old Alabaev
Basic rules for feeding alabaev
Alabai are unpretentious in food, however, not all that they can eat, will benefit them, it is worth considering the main points of the diet these dogs:
- Meat is the basis of the diet. Give it a pet can be both boiled and raw. It is worth giving preference lean beef and veal. You can also give chicken meat, but provided that the pet does not have allergies, and making sure that the dog did not get tubular bones in the bowl. They can lead to that the dog is choking or damaging the digestive organs tract.
- Pork is better to exclude from the pet menu, so as the fat contained in this meat, the body of Alabaev is very bad assimilated.
- It is better to completely refuse bones. Boiled bones disrupt digestion and cause constipation.
- Offal is allowed to feed the dog, but only they cannot completely replace meat. Recommended either give in one of two feedings, or mix one to one.
- Soup is a suitable food for Alabaev. First you need to cook the meat, getting the meat broth, then add cereals and cook until half cooked. Giving adult dog soup can be served in a portion of not more than two liters at a time.
The diet of the dog can be diversified by offering fish – marine non-greasy. Among cereals, rice, buckwheat, oatmeal. It is useful for Alabai to give vegetables – fresh, boiled, steamed. It is imperative to observe the mode – feed an adult pet twice a day – morning and evening, in one and same time.
If it became necessary to transfer the dog to another type food, then do it better gradually, over a week, increasing the amount of food new to the pet. Among the rules you can also note that the pet must know the place where it is fed and in further go to feed it there.
Dry ready-made food for alabaev
If the owners decided to feed Alabai with dry food, then it’s worth choose a quality premium product that meets the needs of large dogs. Similar feeds can be purchased at specialized pet stores. With this type of power menu you can diversify your pet by offering a canned dog feed. It is desirable that it be of the same brand as dry.
To date, a mass of various ready-made treats is produced. for dogs, you can pamper your pet with them, but you should not get carried away. Them the amount in the diet should not be higher than 10%.
Feed rate is calculated based on individual weight features and preferences of the animal, in almost all packages have calculation tables that help in this matter.
Alabai feeding natural food
Of course, on the one hand, eating natural products is more diverse, but also labor and time costs considerable preparation.
In addition to meat, dogs can be given various offal – the liver beef, kidney, heart, scar. Their composition is rich in vitamins, trace elements and their use have a beneficial effect on the condition dogs. But you should not allow them to replace meat.
The Central Asian Shepherd Dog has powerful jaws, requiring constant development. For this, the pet is recommended to give solid food. AND it is better to choose for these purposes special bones made of bull lived. They can become not only food, but also entertainment.
Of cereals, you should not give semolina porridge to Alabai, although it contains a lot of carbohydrates, but has a low nutritional value, and also pearl barley, which is poorly digested dogs.
Raw vegetables, as the main source of plant fiber, in must be in the diet of the pet, it can be zucchini, zucchini, pumpkin, carrots. Beans should not be given to dogs, since they increase intestinal gas formation.
As a pet treat, you can treat with slices of fruit – apples, pears, peaches, etc. Dairy products – an integral part Alabaev daily menu. It is the best source of calcium. Eggs – boiled or raw – are also acceptable in the diet.
Do not give your pet food with plenty spices, as well as fried, salted and pickled. Food with flavors categorically falls under the ban, as it may worsen the dog’s sense of smell.
Pet owners need to ensure that the dog does not not only starving, but also not gaining excess weight.
Estimated weekly ration
We have not yet answered the question, how many times a day to feed Alabai? A similar menu is designed for an adult healthy animal, medium dimensions and weight:
- From 1 to 4 days: 700 g of meat, 500 g of cereal, 300 g of vegetables, 20 g vegetable oil.
- From the 5th to the 6th day: one and a half kilogram of offal, 500 g of cereal; bread, crackers from rye flour – 300 g, one chicken egg and 20 g sunflower oil.
- 7th day: a kilogram of cottage cheese, one liter of kefir or yogurt, 500 g of vegetables.
In dogs of this breed, depending on the season, they change and food requirements. In winter, you need to increase the amount of food, containing a large amount of protein and carbohydrates. Summer in the diet better to add more fresh vegetables. This should be considered when the formation of a diet.
Alabai puppy feeding
When small offspring appear in the house, it is worth deciding on the choice is whether to feed the puppy with dry feed, or independently cook food from natural products. At the second Type must focus on the following products:
- meat – only low-fat, beef or veal;
- offal – you can give, but not too often, one or two once a week is enough;
- it is necessary to cook a dog soup prepared on meat broth, with cereals or vegetables;
- fish can be given to babies, but exclusively marine, peeled from bones;
- puppies can be fed porridge, rice grits are suitable for this, buckwheat and oatmeal;
- dairy products should be included in the alabai puppy’s diet.
It is worth watching the puppy while eating to establish the required size of a single serving of food. If he eats fast, completely licks a bowl and calmly continues to do his business, then the amount of food is calculated correctly. Have a puppy in a bowl after the meal there are leftovers, which means you need to reduce it portion. But if he eats everything and polishes for a long time tongue an empty cup, not wanting to part with it, then it’s necessary give him a little more food.
How to feed the old Alabaev
If the pet has lived to an advanced age, then it’s worth take care of special nutrition for him. In a worn out body all metabolic processes are much slower, and this can provoke obesity in the dog. So as not to happened, you need to regularly bring the dog out for walks. The ration is you need to adjust by lowering the number of calories in it.
Do not transfer older animals to another type of food, for their body, it can become dangerous. Also old pets in such a situation is often stressful. Portion of food in this case should be slightly smaller than that of a young adult dog.
As for the dry types of feed, it is advisable to purchase Species recommended specifically for older individuals. They have balanced formula containing a large number of proteins and low fat.
It is worth choosing feed related to the premium class. They possess high biological value, made of high quality raw materials, what you need for alabai old age.
If meat products occupy the lion’s share in the animal’s menu, then it is worth reducing the amount of its consumption, otherwise the meat has excessive load on various organs, in particular work kidney and liver.
Pets in old age need nourishment organism, and this can be done by including vitamin additives. It is worth knowing that such changes are best introduced after Visiting a veterinarian and receiving professional advice.
If the alabai is fed correctly, the dog will be well-groomed, with thick beautiful coat and no health problems. Also she will show all-consuming love and deep respect for his wonderful host.
- reviews about alabay;
- training alabai;
- how to bring up alabai;
- aviary for alabai;
- what to call alabai;
- Alabai (Central Asian Shepherd Dog).