When feeding their pet natural food, owners should consider the needs of your pet. If the basis of the diet make up meat products, then the second most important component is cereal. It is a natural source of carbohydrates, fiber, and also vitamins and minerals necessary for growth, development and health of a four-legged pet. But you must understand that not all cereals are useful for dogs. Besides, in In some cases, some features should be considered.
- 1. Features of feeding porridge
- 2. Useful cereals for dogs
- 3. Porridge for food in some conditions
Features of feeding porridge
When choosing cereals for your dog, you need to rely on age, health status, physiological characteristics, conditions in which kept animal, and pedigree requirements. Cereals should be 25-40% of the daily diet.
You can cook cereals separately or cook porridge with meat and vegetable additives. The optimal combination of ingredients is 30% cereals, 40% of meat or fish parts and 30% of vegetables and fortified supplements.
You can add a little salt to the dish, but only after cooking. But if the pet has a tendency to form stones in the urine a bubble or kidneys, it is worth lowering the amount of salt, or even do not salt porridge.
Among the cereals that are best excluded from the diet is pearl barley, it is normal to digest the gastrointestinal tract animal cannot. So what kind of groats benefit friends our lesser?
Useful cereals for dogs
In fact, the porridge that you can feed dogs without harming health, not so much:
- Buckwheat – comes first, as this the most useful cereal and suitable for all dogs. She is enriched iron, magnesium, calcium, vitamin B and vegetable proteins origin. Of course, this applies to high-grade cereals, not past steam and other treatments. Important quality buckwheat lies in the fact that during cooking it does not lose its utility. Buckwheat porridge has a positive effect on processes metabolism in the dog’s body. It also has a stimulating effect. action on the cardiovascular system, strengthens the immune mechanisms. Porridge is boiled until crumbly.
- Rice groats – natural absorbent metabolism stimulating component. In addition, in rice contains vitamin substances, magnesium, calcium and iron. Cook rice porridge until it becomes crumbly consistency. After the dish is cooked, you must give insist porridge for 20-30 minutes. Of particular benefit cereal that has not undergone processing, because the rice shell contains many nutrients. Boiled cereal is suitable for feeding sick animals, as well as with problems with the digestive tract. In cases intoxication is recommended to water the pet with rice broth.
- Barley groats – very fortified a product that even contains trace elements such as silicon, fluorine, chromium. However, one should not hope that the body the animal is able to fully absorb all the beneficial substances. But barley porridge nevertheless gives the pet the necessary energy and replenishes deficit of individual elements. In addition, barley grits stimulate activity of the gastrointestinal tract. But give similar porridge every day is not recommended.
- Oatmeal – this includes oatmeal cereals and Hercules, this is a storehouse of useful trace elements – calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium and all kinds of vitamins. It’s great a product for a variety of dog diets but should not be made main course. And yes, this porridge should not be included in the diet. dogs with urolithiasis or a tendency to given ailment.
This is almost all the cereals that can be given to the dog. But there is even cereals, which are included in the diet in certain cases.
- Is it possible for the dog to milk;
- than it’s better not to feed the dog;
- what bones can be given to a dog.
Porridge for food in some conditions
But about the following cereals we can say that they benefit only in certain cases:
- Corn – such porridge has a low nutritional value and useful components in it are very few. This and makes it unsuitable for feeding a healthy dog. But in her a lot of carbohydrates. Corn porridge is recommended to give the animal with inflammatory process in the intestinal mucosa. Her consumption reduces fermentation and rotting products in intestines.
- Semolina is the central part wheat grain, deprived during the processing of most useful components. In semolina there is very little fiber, vitamin and mineral substances. But it was the low fiber content that made this product is important in the menu of pets with a disease digestive system. This is because it is better. digested. And in this case, it is suitable for feeding, both puppies and adult dogs. However, experts do not recommend regularly and without the need to give it to the animal, as this will lead to a gain in excess body weight and the acquisition of loose constitution.
- Wheat groats – a product rich in magnesium, zinc, iodine, vitamins. However, the wheat kernel is not fully digested in the digestive tract of the dog. Yes, and high starch content is not makes porridge suitable for a daily diet. But undigested residues are able to clean the intestinal wall, which is undoubted plus. It is recommended to give such porridge to active dogs with healthy gastrointestinal tract. In other cases, from including it in the diet is better to refuse.
As you can see, cereals are not such a simple product, so before how to cook porridge for your pet, you should familiarize yourself with some nuances. I hope we answered the question: “What cereals can I give the dogs? ”