Dry food has long been a familiar food for pets. This is primarily due to the practicality and rationality of his use. It is more convenient and profitable for many dog owners to feed their pets with dry food, rather than preparing a special dish for animal. However, it may happen that the pet stops eating usual food for him. If the dog stops eating dry food, in First of all, you should find out the reason for this change.
- 1. Reasons for not drying
- 2. What to do and how to help the pet
- 3. Tips from veterinarians
Reasons for not drying
Unexpected pet refusal to feed can be serious a problem for the owners. In this case, most likely resort to cooking help. However, dogs are not known to omnivores: and if one pet loves millet porridge, then it may not be like another.
The reasons for the pet’s strange behavior can be completely different. The problem can be related to both the feed itself and physiology. and the health of the pet. Common causes of animal failure from dry feed include the following:
- Another brand of feed. Animals have a feature Get used to a certain type of food. Despite the visual similarity, many dry feeds have a completely different composition, taste, smell, at least for flavorings, included in the composition. Therefore changing the brand of the finished diet as as a rule, and will provoke an animal failure.
- Poor feed quality. Dogs are known have an excellent sense of smell, therefore, if suddenly the usual packaging dry feed was suddenly unusable, then the animal is immediately will feel.
- Dry food pall. Although it is believed that dogs not particularly picky about food, they also sometimes need diversity. Moreover, the consumption of dry feed alone may contribute to the appearance of various diseases in animal.
- Stress. It’s no secret that animals like people, they can survive and become stressed. it may be associated with both environmental factors affecting the nervous system of the animal, and with physiological, occurring directly in the body of the pet. It should be noted that such the situation usually involves a complete refusal of the animal from food.
- Reduced physical activity. Many dog breeds are those animals that constantly require manifestation of physical activity. Lack of physical activity can lead to a change in the behavior of the animal, in in particular, loss of appetite and refusal of dry food.
- Cold or runny nose. As known, the attractiveness of dry food for an animal is determined the presence of a special nutritious smell. However, in case of loss pet smelling, dry food is no longer perceived by the pet, as potential food.
- Physiological features. To physiological Features include periods such as estrus or whining. IN this time the pet is far from eating. It is worth noting that in this case there is a general loss of appetite in the animal.
What to do and how to help the pet
Finding out the reason for the animal to refuse dry food, you can take any measures to promote a return to familiar food or a change in diet. In general, follow-up depend on the initial factors.
So, if the cause of failure is a new feed grade or poor quality, you should just change the packaging. Can I return familiar to the pet brand, be sure to check when buying diet for quality and shelf life.
If the animal lacks diversity, then it is recommended to time to give up the usual food. There are many simple recipes for pet dishes that will appeal to the animal. In addition, you can dilute the “drying” with wet food or canned food having different compositions.
In case of stress, it is necessary to eliminate negative factors. how It has already been said that a stressful situation can contribute to both environment, and violations in the body of the animal. IN in the case of environmental factors, it is necessary to change the environment of the animal, to be more sensitive, affectionate and attentive to him. If the reason stress state is unknown, then contact veterinary clinic.
In case of reduced physical activity, it is necessary to bring in normal daily animal regimen. The pet should take something, offer longer walks with various active games, workouts. But the easiest and most convenient way out of this situation can serve as a purchase of toys for the pet with whom he will play in the absence of the owner of the house.
If the dog suffers from a cold or a runny nose, then It is recommended that you give warm or hot food to your pet. it will contribute to his speedy recovery. Also possible seek help from a veterinarian for an appointment special medicines for colds or colds.
Tips from Veterinarians
Veterinarians have an opinion on this and suggest following these recommendations:
- Periodically, you should resort to a variety of home diets favorite. Everyone knows that monotony from time to time can get bored. And in the case of animals, the consumption of dry food can contribute to the development of complications such as renal or liver failure.
- It is sometimes recommended to add kefir to dry food or just water to give moisture to the contents. The fact is that soft soaked feed pads do not cause damage to the body, unlike dry.
- In case of a change in the brand of dry feed, wait until the animal sniffs at him, gets used to it, or, if possible, return to the previous brand.
- Some dry foods are produced for certain dogs. breed or character. For example, there is a nutritious product like for inactive and active rocks.
- Small dog breeds are not recommended to give large pads, as a large amount of food consumed at a time can promote indigestion.
Some hosts may start to sound the alarm if the pet has a decreased appetite. However inexperienced owners dogs, instead of eliminating the root cause of the lowered appetite, begin to look for possible diseases in the animal. On the in fact, things may not be so bad.
Naturally, refusal of food, in particular from dry food, does not always talking about any violations. It is possible that the pet just got bored with the monotonous food or, conversely, the pet is so used to its feed that it will not let you cheat its substitution.