Shampoo for flea kittens – a universal remedy for combating parasites.
After all, fleas are not only insects that deliver discomfort to cats, these are parasites that can tolerate viruses dangerous for animals and people.
Many do not know that fleas parasitizing on cats are often are carriers of worm larvae.
Fleas are carriers of worm larvae
Due to flea bites, cats may develop health disorders like allergies and various skin diseases.
In case of the appearance of fleas in small kittens, they are necessary timely rid of parasites.
Otherwise, fleas can weaken animal organism, anemia and even death.
- 1 Signs of fleas in cats
- 2 Types of Flea Control Products
- 3 Flea Shampoos
- 4 How to wash a kitten with flea shampoo
Signs of fleas in cats
When fleas appear, characteristic signs appear in cats, indicating the presence of parasites, among which:
- Restless behavior;
- Itching of an animal in places of flea bites, which it constantly scratches (as is the case with an ear mite) and licks;
- Small wounds, redness and scratches in the combed places;
- Visual observation of fleas.
In the later stages, the cat, in addition to the constant meow and itching, lumps of brown color in the coat are observed.
These are flea feces and dried blood.
It is worth noting that in kittens, the reaction to flea bites is much stronger than in adults.
They often have a fever, loss of appetite and anemia develops.
The main sign of fleas is itching and small wounds.
Contrary to the opinion of many people who have never come across fleas, these insects parasitize not only on such fluffy rocks like chinchilla, Maine Coon, Kuril Bobtail pixy bob ragdoll, norwegian forest cat, siberian cat, but found in breeds with almost missing coat, for example, in Peterbolds, Elves and Don sphinxes.
Observing one of the signs of a cat having fleas, you need to carefully inspect the animal.
The easiest way to do this is by placing it on a white surface and combing the hair with a comb with fine teeth.
If there are fleas, the comb will capture them along with the flea feces and fall on a white surface.
In this case, an urgent fight against parasites should be carried out.
From fleas, a characteristic type of feces remains, which indicates the presence of parasites
Types of Flea Control Products
There are several types of remedies designed to help get rid of from annoying parasites tormenting a pet.
Such funds include:
Drops against fleas are the most popular option, which has a relatively long exposure.
The active substances are selamectin, imidacloprid, etofenprox, fipronil, metaflumizone.
Drops are one of the most popular ways to get rid of fleas.
These drops are applied to the withers of the animal – to the neck, or between the shoulder blades so that it cannot reach the place treated drug, and lick it.
The most popular drop manufacturers include:
- “Bars” – a drug with an amount safe for the animal insecticides.
- “Hartz” – a drug with the active substance metoprene, which not suitable for kittens under the age of three months.
- Front Line is a drug that protects not only from fleas, but also from worms. It must not be used if a kitten less than 2 months old.
- Stronghold is a safe drug for kittens who have reached six months of age.
- “Advantage” – a drug that can be applied to kittens, reaching the age of ten weeks.
- “Biafar” – a drug in which insecticides are replaced by absolutely safe margose extract. As a result of this, drops This manufacturer is suitable not only for all cats, but also for kittens, as well as weakened animals. After consultation with a veterinarian by a doctor, it is possible to use this remedy for kittens age 1 month and above.
- “Celandine” – a drug with active ingredients such as fipronil and permethrin. Recommended for kittens from two months old.
Flea Sprays are considered the most toxic and most effective means.
That is why, the process of applying the drug to the animal’s hair must be careful.
Because cats often have side effects from sprays, this tool should only be used in cases of severe infected pets that are often outside.
In addition, sprays are not recommended for kittens.
Injection is a drug that is administered to an animal subcutaneously with using a syringe.
These drugs are not suitable for patients and pregnant animals as well as small kittens.
For kittens ten to twelve weeks old, injections are suitable manufacturers of “Ivermek”, “Kantaren”, “Microderm.”
Sprays are the most effective remedy for fleas, but they quite toxic
This flea remedy is used with drops or shampoos.
The active ingredients in tablets enter the bloodstream and so way kill blood-sucking fleas.
This remedy is mostly prophylactic, so how collar components repel fleas with their smell.
However, some cats may experience allergic reactions. reactions.
In general, flea collars are safe for all mammals except kittens who are not yet three months.
The most common are manufacturers collars “Tseva”, “Hartz”, “Bolfo”, “Bio Band”, “Biafar”.
Flea collars can be worn for three months kittens
The main active ingredient of this anti-flea remedy is propoxur.
Powders should be rubbed against animal hair, combing surplus.
The most popular is the product manufacturer Zeken Und Flopuder. ”
Flea shampoos have a short action.
After soaping the cat, thoroughly rinse off the drug with the animal’s coat, as when licking the shampoo, the pet receives a dose poisonous substance.
- Folk remedies
Some owners apply such folk to pets means like combing with a furminator, adding into the water of garlic, washing the animal’s hair with infusions of herbs, soap from tar.
Before using these products, the breeder must first consult your veterinarian.
Before using such folk remedies as tar soap, need a consultation with a veterinarian
Flea shampoos have some advantages over by many other means. These include:
- Ease of use – to achieve the desired effect, cat just enough to bathe.
- Soft action – shampoos are suitable for little kittens who the use of a drop is also contraindicated.
- Increased efficiency and simplicity when applied to cats long-haired breeds compared to products such as drops or sprays.
- Relatively low toxicity – due to less than drugs, toxicity, shampoos are well tolerated most animals.
The main advantage of shampoos is the use in as the main component of phenotrin or etofenprox.
These active ingredients are less toxic than pyrethroids.
Pyrethroids are active substances that are often used in medicines against fleas.
They are more toxic and have nerve effects on insects.
It is worth considering that there are shampoos containing permethrin.
They are more effective in controlling parasites, but require careful use.
Some manufacturers produce separate lines of shampoos. for adult cats and for kittens
The most popular manufacturers of shampoos are the following:
- “Mr.Kiss” – this product has a mild effect, relieves a flea cat, and at the same time makes the coat soft and shiny. Price for Shampoo from this manufacturer is above average.
- “Api-San” – an inexpensive drug that can not only cleanse wool from fleas, but also rid it of a specific smell.
- “Bars” – this tool is also quite effective and does not have side effects.
- “Beaphar” is a shampoo enriched with citronella, mango and lavender. The price of this tool is quite high. Thanks effectiveness, user reviews of this tool is extremely positive. Many characterize it as the best flea shampoo. for kittens.
- “Meadow” – this drug kills fleas and cares for hair thanks to components such as extracts from chamomile, calendula, plantain. Especially common among popular supporters flea control agents.
How to wash a kitten with flea shampoo
For breeders who don’t know how to wash a kitten, there is a set of rules, observing which, should not arise problems in removing fleas.
For the correct use of shampoo, you should take the kitten alone hand under the belly, and hold tight so that the animal does not escaped.
Then, lather his hair with flea shampoo, avoiding head and neck areas.
After that, in order for the active substances to take action, the pet should be left for a while soapy.
In order for the shampoo to work, it must be left on wool for 5-7 minutes
After waiting a few minutes, the shampoo must be completely washed off with wool, comb well and dry it.
Some owners wonder how often to wash. kittens by such means?
Flea shampoo should not be used often, as in The kitten’s body can accumulate the toxic substances of shampoo.
This can cause allergies or poisoning, as well as destroy the protective layer of the coat and the lipid layer of the skin.
The latter will lead to a noticeable dullness of the coat.
If a kitten is poisoned with flea shampoo, it must be immediately take to the vet.
First, you need to call the veterinary clinic and describe the symptoms and the remedy that caused poisoning.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mSx6_bayXs?rel=0&enablejsapi=1″style = “border: none;” ebkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen>
Flea kitten shampoo: Useful removal tips parasites
Shampoo for flea kittens – a universal remedy for combating parasites. After all, kittens react more sharply than adult cats for flea bites that cause fever, loss of appetite and anemia. The consequence of this may be weakening of the animal, anemia and even death.