Origin: England, Norwich City
Class: FCI classification: 3rd group (terriers), section 2 (small dogs)
Use: Rodent Hunt, Companion
Color: gray, red, wheat, black, grizzly
Sizes: growth at the withers: males – 28-30 cm, females – 25-26 cm: weight: average weight of both males and females 5-6 kg
Life span: 12 to 16 years
Small, lively and cunning – this is how they characterize dog breeders of this breed.
With a fox they are associated not only with character traits, but also with their form muzzles.
Due to its intelligence and learning ability, the breed Norwich Terrier often takes part, for example, in filming advertising.
The fate of the TV star often befalls the dogs of the breed. Boston Terrier. With the last Norwich connects and similarity of characters of these breeds.
Norwich Terrier calmly refers to loneliness. That’s why The dog is popular among busy people. It can be left for the whole day and not worry that she arranges tantrums at home
- 1 Breed History
- 2 Psychology
- 3 Application
- 4 How to choose a puppy
- 5 Care features
- 5.1 Combing
- 5.2 Walk
- 5.3 Nutrition
- 6 Health
- 6.1 Characteristic diseases
- 6.2 Vaccinations
- 7 Knit
The Norwich Terrier is the result of a cross between three breeds. Movable creatures were born at the end of the XIX century in eastern England.
The Norwich Terrier has a twin brother – Norfolk Terrier. Their difference is only in the ears, in Norwich they are standing, and Norfolk – hanging.
They are also very similar in nature.
There was a time when this breed was called the Cambridge Terrier. She was educational institution symbol.
And the reason is very simple – among students, these little miracles became popular. This happened approximately 10 years after breeding breed.
The tousled hair of animals gave them another name – shaggy, that is, “rags”.
Although the breed was bred in England, but one of the largest gained popularity in America. In this country, the breed was called Jones Terrier.
Owners often complain that Norwich Terrier dogs are becoming uncontrollable when they are released from a leash on the street. Begins hunting for other dogs, birds. This is a flaw from which you can get rid by training the animal. But completely it is impossible to eradicate the instinct of the hunter
- Not aggressive. In relation to people do not show negative qualities. But you can get a dog crazy. For this quite disrespectful to her: tugging at the tail, strokes.
- He is calm about loneliness. That is why the dog is popular among busy people. Her can leave for the whole day and not worry that she arranges tantrums houses.
- The dominance of natural instincts the hunter. Owners often complain that dogs become unmanageable when released from a leash on the street. The hunt for other dogs and birds begins. This is a flaw from which you can get rid of training animal. But it is impossible to completely eradicate instinct.
The Norwich Terrier will be happy to learn teams. They need daily mental work. Otherwise they will get bored and may become either unmanageable or depressed
- Relation to other animals. If a take a puppy norwich terrier, that is, the probability that he will get used to other pets in the house, if they were taken with him at the same time, or another animal lived in the apartment before. In the opposite case, it is possible that your house will be an ongoing hunt.
- Attitude towards children. Representatives of this The breeds, like Beaver Yorks, are very kind to children. The main thing is that the child does not torment the puppy.
- Smart. Terrier will be happy to learn teams. They need daily mental work. Otherwise they get bored and can either become unmanageable or fall into depressed.
- Brave, brave. Before another a dog can stand up for himself.
- Restless. He needs space so that there was a place to pour out energy. This does not mean that in the apartment Norwich Terrier photo will not be able to live. Long lasting just needed active walks.
Now basically the Norwich Terrier is a loyal friend and smart companion of man. Of course, he is not the one who can sit on hands while you are walking with friends around the city. He needs traffic
Barn Pied Piper or one whose task is to drive the fox out of the hole. it its original functions are like wire-haired and smooth-haired fox terriers.
Now basically the Norwich Terrier is a loyal friend and smart companion of man.
Of course, he is not the one who can sit in his arms while you stroll with friends the city. He needs a move.
Representatives of this breed are very kind to children. The main thing that the child did not torment the puppy
How to choose a puppy
A certain bend of the tail, the setting of the ears, the proportions – exactly you need to look at it when choosing a puppy, especially if you buy the norwich terrier you want for shows.
Important! Before evaluating babies, pay attention to parents, or at least one of them representative. If it meets the breed standard, then its description must comply with standards.
- The skull is round, wide between the ears.
- There is a clear transition from the forehead to the muzzle.
- The muzzle is wedge-shaped, massive, slightly shorter than the cranial boxes.
- Scissor bite – the upper teeth overlap the lower. Teeth they do not bulge, but are located perpendicular to the jaw.
- Ears are erect with pointed ends.
- The neck is wide, flowing smoothly into the shoulders.
Texas norwich terrier
- The tail should be as straight as possible. docked. The tail is thick at the base, then there is a gradual narrowing.
- The legs are short.
- Cat’s paws. When walking and standing, they are directed forward. Important! Any angle of inclination of the paws indicates the marriage of the dog.
- The coat is stiff with a thick undercoat. Longest in neck area – forms a sleeve.
- It is possible that the coat will be in the following color: fawn, black-and-white (black and tan), zoned, all shades of red. Whites Marks are not a good sign; color is not an FCI standard.
The puppy should be like parents already in 3-4 months. And also not to have paws with a mark – they should not disperse.
The hind legs should be pulled back slightly. Bad sign if they are under the body. It means the baby is underdeveloped or bad heredity.
Norwich Terrier found a nook to relax
The breed does not cause problems for the owner to care for, but still has own features.
Representatives of this breed can withstand different climatic conditions.
And all because they are, after all, essentially hunters, and must to be hardy.
Norwich terrier morning marathon
Coat is the dog’s most vulnerable spot because requires trimming.
Plucking off dead hair is necessary because it is tough wool does not fade seasonally at terriers and without additional help falls out.
The procedure is different from just combing. Can learn do trimming and even cutting yourself, but more often owners of Norwich Terriers have to turn to specialists in grooming.
If such a service is expensive for you, then buy dog clipper, stripping knife, Furminator and for the cause.
Important! Dog breeders advise before plucking wool to watch a couple of videos on the Internet. So less the likelihood that you will do something wrong.
If you live in an apartment, then be prepared for the fact that the breed Norwich Terrier is a fairly active dog. Sit at home them will be bored. Therefore, daily time must be devoted to physical loads and games
If you live in an apartment, then be prepared for the fact that the breed Norwich Terrier is a fairly active dog. Sit at home them will be bored.
Therefore, daily time must be devoted to physical activity and games like agility. The dog is pretty smart and requires charging for the mind.
The best option is walking on the harness twice in day. Although some owners teach the Norwich Terrier a puppy to tray. And walks are arranged only once a day.
If you want to learn how to train your puppy in a diaper, we recommend read the following article: https://kot-pes.com/kak-priuchit-sobaku-k-pelenke/
Norwich Terrier – the dog is very smart. One of them settled professor at the university
Unpretentious breed of food. Right now is good enough balanced feeds that you can feed a dog.
But no one forbids cooking the dog food on their own. it must be:
- meat: beef, poultry various (only boiled);
- cereals: rice, oatmeal, buckwheat;
- vegetables and fruits. What to choose, you need to look at preferences exactly your animal;
- dairy products: low-fat cottage cheese, kefir, yogurt;
- vegetable oil, as an additive to porridge, for example.
Important! Norwich terrier should not be in the diet to be pork. It is very heavy for the dog’s stomach.
Since the purpose of the dog is hunting, the Norwich Terrier puppies are quite hardy, and diseases rarely attack them.
But if the dog gets sick, then most often for representatives breeds are: epilepsy, tracheal collapse, brachycephalic syndrome (elongated soft palate).
More on epilepsy in dogs: https: //kot-pes.com/epilepsiya-u-sobak-lechenie-kak-prekratit-pristupyi/
Norwich terrier needs space to have a place to splash out energy. This does not mean that the Norwich Terrier will not be able to take a photo in the apartment. live. Long active walks are just needed.
Rabies, plague, infectious hepatitis – all this was not familiar to your pet, do not forget about vaccination.
The first vaccination – in 2 months, previously you need to check the dog for worms (this is required). If helminths If there are, then the effect of the vaccine – no.
About how to determine whether a dog has worms, will tell articlehttps: //kot-pes.com/kak-opredelit-est-li-u-sobaki-glisty/
You need to be vaccinated regularly, as directed by your veterinarian.
The most important thing is to choose a thoroughbred dog for mating. Without so called marriages.
This will allow you to sell puppies expensively, for the breed Norwich Terrier price not little.
You can protect yourself from cheating – evaluate the dog according to FCI standards.
Anna Lyakhovich6 Overall result CharacteristicAggression2Adaptability10Activity10Weight2 Training4Friendliness10G playfulness8Intelligence8Noise4 Add your review