Dogs are the most popular pets that cannot compete. make up even cats. Statistics show that they prefer a greater number of pet lovers. Dogs are definitely more loyal and reliable. from the rest of our smaller brothers, but some of them have not a good habit of biting. How to wean a dog to bite, after all, such pet behavior is unacceptable and is a threat to surrounding. Experienced dog breeders know how to make a bully obedient dog, not allowing such liberties without special reasons.
- 1. Reasons Dogs Can Bite
- 2. Prevention of unacceptable behavior
- 3. Pet exposure techniques
- 4. How to show your dog authority
Reasons Dogs Can Bite
This is not about hazard situations that may threaten the pet or its owner. It is worth considering those cases when the dog does such things for no reason.
Why do dogs show aggression and bitterness, even without visible reasons? Like people, they can be good, evil, shy or, conversely, too fearless. It could be due to the nature of the pet or genetic predisposition. An example is fighting animals. rocks. Most of their representatives find it very difficult restraining aggressive behavior, raising a similar dog – it is a long and painstaking work. Most often, the owners are not able to cope on their own and are forced to apply for professional help to dog handlers.
There are situations when the kindest pets bite family members unintentionally, but in a game of excitement. They do this unconsciously. Despite the fact that such bites are not aggressive behavior, and do not cause serious physical damage, the owner is still it is worth considering making the parenting process more strict. After all, sometimes even a small bite can harm child’s health or psychological trauma.
Sometimes puppies that attract everyone’s attention with their with a funny look, they suddenly begin to bite everyone in the field reach. This is understandable – the kids are trying to find out how strong their fangs are. This once again confirms the opinion specialists – you need to start raising a pet as soon as possible earlier.
Do not count on a quick effect. Every dog individual, has a certain temperament and mental abilities. One or two or three repetitions of a command is enough, others require repeated repetition and further consolidation.
Read what to do if a dog bites.
Prevention of Inappropriate Behavior
Some points in the behavior of the pet can be adjusted to how they develop into deep-rooted bad habits. For this pet owners must follow these simple rules:
- Do not allow the puppy to play with the household things, whether clothing, household items and more.
- If the kid in the gameplay grabbed the owner by the arm, leg or edge of clothing, then you should defiantly stop the game and leave out of sight of the pet. If the dog is smart, then she will immediately understand that biting is unacceptable behavior towards a person. At increased aggression can stop moving, and, tired of inaction, the puppy will let go of its “prey”.
- The dog must always recognize its place. In the apartment it may be a litter, a special basket or a pillow. To arrange it is better in the corner of the room – a corridor or a hall. In a private house more often the whole place is a separate aviary or booth. If the animal starts biting during the game, it’s worth stopping the fun and send him in a strict tone to his place.
- It is worth remembering that a puppy is, first of all, a child. Exactly therefore, it must be provided with a sufficient number of toys. They will help not only wean the dog to bite, but also those around them. items. As soon as the puppy makes an attempt to bite, you need to immediately open his jaws and point to a toy. So the owner indicates items that can actually be handled In a similar way.
Such prevention may be tougher, as not all dogs require the same approach. If you do nothing, then Pets, in most cases, become uncontrollable.
There are situations when a dog, as an adult, begins to show aggression, although earlier it was similar behavior not noticed. In this case, most likely, the pet appeared psychological problem. Chances are high that the animal has been abused by the owner or by strangers people.
Pet exposure techniques
With puppies, everything is more or less clear, but what if the pet got into a family as an adult, with his well-established habits and weaknesses? And during games and communication, he absolutely himself not holding back? This is definitely a problem, but its all can be solved.
And for such situations, there are a number of rules:
- Do not play with the dog those games during which she have the opportunity to bite.
- If, nevertheless, the jaws of the pet are compressed on the human body, you need them gently unclench. In this case, scolding and punishing the animal, let alone Moreover, it is impossible to physically act in any case.
- Dogs, by their nature, love and respect their owners and members their families, so you can show the pet that he did something bad in relation to a person. To do this, during a bite, you can cry out as if in pain, or even cry. And then defiantly move away from the animal. This method is quite effective for re-education, as the dog begins to realize that he offended beloved master.
The most difficult thing happens in situations where the pet does not consider their master for the leader. And oddly enough, such a flaw in parenting is common enough. In this case, it will be required serious, professional training that will help the dog to realize that the main thing in the family is a person. Otherwise the pet will bite regularly, both during the game and in normal setting. To solve the problem of domination, it’s better just contact an experienced dog handler.
Many people for some reason are sure that if the dog barks, then he certainly won’t bite. Unfortunately, the truths in this approval no. It all depends on various factors – sizes pet, age, breed, temperament and even sexual accessories.
If suddenly a teenage puppy begins to bark and at the same time grin, you need to immediately press his head to the floor. This will help calm down. waking up teenager. In this case, it is necessary to consolidate the action a stern, reproving look, pointing to his position in hierarchy.
It is worth noting that corrective work definitely brings its fruits, but you do not need to expect complete reincarnation from it. After all an adult dog, as well as a person, an established person, and all her psychological features were laid back in puppy age.
Historically, dogs as originally flocking animals obey only the leader. The owner’s task is to prove your pet superiority and the right to be a leader, the only way the dog will be able to obey:
- With aggressive behavior or disobedience, the animal needs raise above the surface, depriving support, shake, then lower to the ground and calm by pressing for a while. As soon as the dog came to, suggest to execute any command, and if everything done right – praise. This will show the pet exactly what man dominates these relationships. Especially this method effective for large dogs.
- Small biting dogs can be treated like the leader of a real pack – you need to hold the animal’s mouth with your palms, leaving only one opportunity – to breathe. This is what it does the leader of the pack with everyone who does not obey him. As soon as the pet calmed down, it must be released.
To gain dominant status, the pet owner must methodically and constantly remind him of his situation:
- Dog needs food only after the whole family has eaten – the main rule of the flock is here – the leader always has a meal first.
- You need to teach your pet to start eating only after host team.
- The first person to enter all doors, as well as to rise on the stairs – the dog should go behind, and not vice versa.
- The animal must complete all learned commands fully and in any situations, no new setting, bad mood or just reluctance, should not interfere with this.
If the pet does not accept the requirements presented to him, it means that he can behave arbitrarily, not obeying. And in this situation and bite the owner for him is not something reprehensible. Only rigor can help here.