Many dog handlers believe that the invention and implementation of diapers for dog toilet – a real revolution in the practice of education and keeping dogs. Created on the principle of human diapers, these materials quickly gained popularity. They are used to teach little puppies to the toilet, for sick dogs and for bitches in prenatal and postpartum period. But there is one more function, which is inherent in these diapers. They are used as a tray for small decorative breeds of dogs. This saves the host from regular walks with the pet, and the little dogs themselves aren’t always favor the street, being truly domestic dogs.
- 1 Which breeds of dogs are best to be accustomed to the diaper
- 2 Pros and Cons
- 3 Step by step training
What breed of dog is best to train in a diaper
It is necessary to determine in advance the future place where he will go pet, and cover as much space as possible with diapers
It’s about decorative dwarf dogs, which are easy to accustom to a tray or to a diaper:
- Bichon Frize – the breed is like a stuffed toy, friendly, affectionate, but grooming is difficult;
- English toy terrier – a classic of the dwarf terrier genre;
- Australian Silky Terrier – very peaceful dogs;
- affinpincher is a very self-confident breed;
- Brussels Griffon – the breed is called funny;
- Yorkshire Terrier – Movable and smart;
- dwarf pincher – easy to training;
- Pekingese – selective in feeding.
There are dwarf poodles, spaniels, spitz-dogs, etc. All these breeds differ in quick wit, affection. But many have a difficult character. So only patience and perseverance will help you to accustom these little family friends to diapers for the toilet.
Other small breeds of dogs can be read here: https: //kot-pes.com/malenkie-sobachki-porody-opisanie-foto/
Advantages and disadvantages
These diapers have many advantages:
- in quality performance they publish a pleasant herbal aroma;
- they can be used both at home and on travel or in Away
- they do not slip on the floor;
- reusable options can be used up to 1 year;
- even a single-use product can be used 2-3 times.
The little puppy will not choose a place, and where it is impatient, there pees, and while he is small, he will write very, very often
Such diapers are different in size and in softness.
Such products also have their disadvantages:
- reusable diapers are washed only by hand;
- after washing in hot water they can emit an unpleasant smell;
- the cost of reusable quality products high.
An alternative to diapers is a tray. Find out which is better for a dog, you can here: https: //kot-pes.com/chto-luchshe-lotok-ili-pelenka-dlya-sobak/
Step by step training
By 3 months a small dog should already be fully accustomed to the diaper
Puppies like to place their need on a soft surface, therefore it is necessary to immediately remove all carpets and rags with gender.
There are several methods for teaching a puppy a diaper, but all of them based on gradually moving it to the desired place where the dog will fulfill his need:
- At the age of 1 month, the puppy pees and poops often and uncontrollably and selects several places to cope, there for a start and place the diapers, gradually reducing them to one constant places.
- Dogs usually choose a place for these things near the doors. or balconies, you can leave the latrine there, or you can gradually transfer it to the bathroom.
- By 2 months, the puppy wants to go to the toilet immediately after sleeping or eating. how just notice that he begins to sniff and spin on place, carry it to the diaper.
- If he has settled on a diaper, encourage him; if not, do not scold, just immediately transfer to the place where you need it do.
If you want to train your dog in a toilet on the street, it will help you articlehttps: //kot-pes.com/kak-sobaku-priuchit-k-tualetu-na-ulice/
With the proper degree of patience, puppies can be accustomed to diapers fast enough. After that, you will get rid of many troubles. But such a method should not replace walks. Healthy dog needs in them and psychologically, not to mention the physical development.