The puppy that appeared in the house is joy, vanity, a sea of positive and no less worries. All vaccinations have already been affixed and the time has come bring the pet “to the people.” But you can do this exclusively on on a leash, for your own safety, an unconscious baby. how to train a puppy on a leash, and do it quickly and without problems?
- 1. Adaptation period
- 2. Some useful suggestions
- 3. Rules for teaching a puppy to a leash
- 4. Strengthening skills
In fact, accustoming to ammunition is the first step to socialization and pet training. Getting used to the collar and leash, a small pet acquires the first obedience skills and becomes more “attached” (figuratively) to the owner. To this the stage was successful, the owner should be patient and not forget about the sequence in training:
- You should be patient – not one, not even the smartest dog can get used to new attributes and feel in one day they are comfortable.
- Encouragement is the key to success. This method always helps in dog training so why not introduce it at the very first stages and not give an incentive to the baby for further development of skills? It can be not only a delicacy, but also affection, a kind word or fun game.
- The collar should be worn before going out. It should be lightweight, simple model that does not cause discomfort, but allows the puppy will gradually get used to its presence on the neck. Collars from metal, with decorations, bells, etc. for this period do not fit, because they make addiction difficult. If this one, even simple one, the accessory worries the dog too much, then you can periodically remove, gradually extending wearing time.
It is important to know: how to train a puppy to the toilet.
Some helpful suggestions
Almost all babies experience stress when donning ammunition. For some, this process is accompanied by real hysteria. To smooth out such manifestations, you can apply several ways:
- When putting on a collar, you can distract the puppy with a game or make it’s for a walk when everything around the pet cares much more.
- Encourage your pet immediately after donning the ammunition – give yummy, favorite toy or something new.
- Check to see if the collar is too tight. His need to fasten so that it fits snugly, but does not press baby.
Sometimes puppies do not even pay attention to their collar fastened the carabiner of the leash, others may be nervous, start break out, whine. To rid the pet of such shocks, at the first signs of nervousness, you can lower the leash so that the kid was running. You can play with him at that moment or let him the company will be another dog. The main thing is that the baby does not get confused. After a good time, you should take a leash, call puppy, and at the same time offer something tasty.
Rules for training a puppy to a leash
The owner must first familiarize themselves with the possible actions of a small dog during training and learn how to behave correctly lead in a given situation.
For example, if a puppy begins to actively resist, evade from a leash, whining angrily or laying down on the ground, not worth it to warm such a mood with your own nervousness. It is impossible raise your voice, make sudden movements. You should stand still giving the puppy time to calm down and not react further excessive activity. In most cases, the behavior of the owner transmitted to the animal.
Weasel helps a lot when the baby is afraid. But not it is recommended to get too carried away, as the pet might think that his behavior is correct.
Bad behavior must be stopped, even if speech it’s all about the crumbs. This is especially important when training representatives. large and giant breeds, as such kids are fast enough reach a decent size:
- When moving the dog pulls a leash. As soon as this happens you need to stop immediately, but pull the leash in this situations not recommended. The pet must understand that its acceleration gives the opposite result.
- The pet refuses to go on a leash. Dogs are often defiantly sit down or even lie down, refusing further walking. In this case, you need to motivate your pet. Should be a little move away from the puppy, and call him by offering a treat. Usually baby “thaws” and continues to walk, but eventually recalls his protest. In this case, the action with the delicacy follows repeat.
Specialists are unanimous – any process of education and training needs consistency. The owner should encourage everything the correct actions of the puppy, suppress bad manifestations. For example, if the dog pulls the leash, and the owner in one case stops, and in another – pulls for him, then the dog will not be able understand what is required of her.
- what to choose: harness or collar;
- how to train a dog;
- how to wean a dog from writing and crap at home.
Until the puppy has reached adulthood, it is required several times take him out on the day, putting on a leash at the same time. Better if the owner will go ahead, this will make the pet more obedient. Gradually shorten the leash so that the dog learns walk close or slightly behind.
Any disobedience should be reacted calmly. In the process training it is important to show maximum attention, so walking better walk without gadgets in your hands or headphones with music.
If it’s difficult for a pet to learn not to pull the leash give preference to short ammunition. But strict collars are not should be worn by puppies, and generally similar accessories are purchased on the recommendation of professional dog handlers.
You need to be patient, calm and boundless. love. Then the little pet will quickly understand that the leash is a necessary measure for his safety, because a caring owner will not offer anything bad.