The dog’s body is a subtle organization, and the slightest negative changes immediately affect the state of his immune system. Naturally, this affects the health of the pet, it’s difficult for him resist various ailments. To prevent this from happening, It is recommended that you carefully consider your dog’s well-being and increase immunity if necessary.
- 1. Types of immunity
- 2. Why immunity in a dog decreases
- 3. How to increase immunity in a dog
- 4. Immunomodulators for dogs
Types of Immunity
To understand how to help your dog, you should know something about the immune system. Distinguish species, it is also called hereditary, immunity and acquired. In the first case, speech it’s about passing immunity from generation to generation and he differs in high stability. For example, dogs do not become infected infections affecting another species of animal.
As for acquired immunity, it can occur in two ways – natural when the dog suffers a disease and artificial, obtained as a result of vaccination. Besides, immunity can be sterile or non-sterile. Some infectious diseases lead to resistance to pathogen while it is in the body. In this situation, speech it is about non-sterile immunity, it is also called premutation. it the phenomenon is used to inoculate the body with the help of living pathogens, for example, from tuberculosis, brucellosis.
Sterile immunity is formed after the animal is ill or vaccinated, it persists even when There is no pathogen in the body. There are also differences immunity mechanisms, they can protect against microbes or eliminate products of their life. Antimicrobial immunity destroys pathogens, antitoxic neutralizes toxic substances that produce microbes.
The forces of antimicrobial immunity make the body immune to bacteria, viruses, mycoplasmas, fungi and protozoa. Antibacterial immunity when ingested avirulent or weakly virulent bacteria captures them special cells and white blood cells and quickly cleanses them the body.
The antiviral action is carried out in the same way, but There are a number of nuances. For example, with some ailments, it is long and stressful (with smallpox, distemper), but with flu, which human, that in animals, it is short-lived and not enough tense.
Why dog immunity decreases
There are various reasons that negatively affect the state of the dog’s immune system. Among the most common The following phenomena can be noted:
- Helminthic infestations and other parasitic organisms. They are emit toxic substances that destroy the intestinal walls, lowering immune mechanisms.
- External parasites – fleas, whipworms and other unpleasant “inhabitants” of the skin damage it, make it vulnerable to pathogens.
- Improper nutrition, not balanced enough – leads to a deficit of useful components, which are construction immunity material.
- Antibiotic therapy – drugs of this class are not too selective and hit both pathogens and useful bacteria. And this often leads to dysbiosis and lowering immune mechanisms.
- Stress is another common cause of decreased immunity in pet. Dogs react quite sensitively to moving, changing owner, squabbles with their own kind, fear, in this case may depletion of the nervous system occurs.
If the immune system does not respond properly, the pet becomes ill, and without timely treatment, the body is unlikely to recover.
How to increase immunity in a dog
Improving and maintaining immunity – a set of procedures, each of which is of great importance:
- Preventive measures against parasites. This is required procedures that the owner should take care of. 2-3 times a year deworming is carried out, as well as every 30-60 days use of funds from external parasites. Must choose high-quality products with low toxicity.
- A complete balanced diet. With natural feeding it is worth considering the dog’s need for meat, but do not forget about sources of carbohydrates and healthy fiber. To compose proper diet, you can consult your veterinarian or a breeder. When feeding with prepared feeds, there are no additives required, otherwise the pet will need periodic vitamin-mineral top dressing.
- Regular walks in the fresh air. If the dog is healthy and alert, you should devote more time to active walking, with games and workouts. It helps strengthen immunity and improve health. favorite.
- Protecting your pet from tobacco smoke. Do not think that smoking negatively affects only human health. “Passive smoking”, that is, inhalation of tobacco smoke, is extremely harmful for dogs, especially if they suffer from allergic manifestations, diseases of the respiratory and cardiovascular system. In this case, smoke can significantly aggravate the condition. favorite.
All methods are fully feasible and are the key to a healthy and long life of the dog. If this is not enough, then veterinarians prescribe special drugs with immunomodulatory action.
Immunomodulators for dogs
First of all, it is worth considering that give any medicinal means, including immunomodulating and immunostimulating, It is possible only after consultation with a veterinarian. Immunotherapy for infectious diseases in dogs includes the use of vaccines, immune sera, gamma globulins and other
The group of immunomodulators includes drugs from biological, microbiological raw materials, as well as artificial components. Their intake normalizes the functionality of the immune system. Among these tools, the following preparations:
- Immunofan. A drug that positively affects the condition cellular and humoral immunity, stabilizes the condition cells.
- Roncoleukin. It is widely used – effective in therapy purulent-inflammatory diseases, infectious ailments, oncology, dermatological problems and other diseases.
- Gala vet. Immunocorrective drug, which is often prescribed for preventive purposes and for complex treatment acute and chronic diseases caused by infections. Boosts organism resistance to bacteriological, viral pathogens and the simplest.
- Maksidin. It belongs to the means of a new generation, inducing interferon. In addition, it stimulates activity. protective cells.
- Gamavit. Immune and biostimulating drug, in the composition which includes useful components – vitamins, amino acids, nucleic acids, trace elements.
- Immunophore. Taking this drug allows the body animals resist the effects of infectious pathogens and reduces the impact of stressful situations. The immune system comes in normal and kept at this level quite long period.
- Glycopin. Prophylactic and therapeutic agent used for treatment of dogs and cats with bacterial, fungal diseases, also it activates antitumor immunity, reduces post-vaccination complications. It is effectively used to treat secondary immunodeficiency.
- Emitsidin. Immunomodulating drug used in cardiology, neurology, surgery, gynecology and other sections veterinary medicine.
Immunity protects the animal’s body from various pathogens, and any gap in it, be it a defeat worms or fleas, can significantly undermine the health of the pet. It is important to pay attention to the health of the pet and do everything possible to maintain it. A dog is a friend who lives very little and It’s worth extending this time by all means.