The dog in the house is not only fun, a true friend and guard, but and great responsibility. It’s worth understanding that a puppy is a child, which is naughty and can first go to the toilet at home. Also the same applies to sick, old animals, which are also often cannot control urination processes. Besides, often males thus mark the territory. Naturally follows get rid of the cause of this behavior or show patience if nothing else remains. But in any case, you need to know how to get rid of the smell of dog urine.
- 1. Useful recommendations
- 2. How to remove the smell of fresh urine
- 3. Video on how to get rid of the smell of dog urine
- 4. How to deal with the old smell of urine
Dog urine becomes persistent when exposed to oxygen ammonia smell, so it is important to clean it as quickly as possible. But not this is always enough to ensure that the house does not filled with an unpleasant “aroma”, as urine is often absorbed into surface. In addition, dog owners can get used to it, not noticing the “fragrance” emanating from things, furniture, carpets and other things. But there are effective ways to eliminate the smell of urine animal, regardless of when the stain was left.
First of all, it is necessary to eliminate the previous “troubles”: to withdraw the puppy as often as possible, and if it comes to adult dog, then also accustom him to the street. For sick dogs use special diapers or wear absorbent diapers. Naturally, this will not give a 100% guarantee, but it will help reduce leakage risks.
It is worth to be safe and remove carpets and coverings in places movement and rest of the pet. Dogs may also urinate on rags, pillows lying on the floor should be removed.
Wash soaked items with detergents containing enzymes. In addition, ordinary food soda added to water, along with washing powder.
If the carpet is wet, then not only it should be thoroughly cleaned, but also the surface under it, since the spot left under the carpet will “smell” for a long time.
How to remove the smell of fresh urine
As soon as a puddle is discovered, you must immediately punish the pet (naturally, if we are not talking about an old or sick animal), until the crime scene is cleaned. Otherwise the dog that that the puppy will never understand why they are angry with her. it educational moment and no escape from it.
After the pet has been shamed, you should do the cleaning. If the stain is on the carpet, get wet with napkins or a paper towel. For these purposes, toilet paper is suitable. or filler used for trays. If used the last option, then, after it absorbs moisture, its should be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner.
Liquid should be removed with blotting movements and in no case, it is not recommended to rub urine into the pile. If you grind it, then this will complicate odor removal.
Then you should prepare a solution – one part of table vinegar into three parts of water. It is recommended to pour the prepared mixture onto wet place. Vinegar is able to influence the substances that make up urine, which causes the ammonia smell. Besides, it disappears in a short time and leaves no traces on surface to be cleaned.
After drying the vinegar, the stain should be sprinkled with baking soda. If this is done before drying, a chemical reaction will occur. soda and vinegar and the effect of substances on urine will decrease significantly.
After hydrogen peroxide is added to the purification. She is bred with water, adding a small amount of soap (liquid) or degreasing agent used for washing dishes. Mixture it is necessary to pour on a layer of soda, after foaming well. it the product will remove all residual urine and an unpleasant odor. Peroxide has an active disinfecting effect, which is important for hygiene houses. This is especially important when there are small children in the house.
The dried area must be vacuumed. This procedure carried out in the proposed sequence, at the chemical level constituents destroys urine. Therefore timely processing in this way will save not only urine, but also subsequent unpleasant odors before they appear.
Another option to eliminate fresh stains and “aromas”, especially well suited for fabric surfaces – laundry soap. A small piece should be grated and dissolved in warm water. You need to get a jelly-like mass, which subsequently applied to a surface spreading unpleasant amber. The mixture should saturate the fabric well, for this about 15 minutes is enough. Then, using a container of clean water and foam sponge; cleaned area should be thoroughly washed.
Lemon juice will help rid furniture of the smell of urine. freshly squeezed. The stain must be treated and left to dry, then wipe the surface with a damp cloth.
Naturally, getting rid of fresh spots and aromas is easier, than from the old.
Video on how to get rid of the smell of dog urine
How to deal with the long-standing smell of urine
But what if the pet made a puddle in the absence of owners and a fragrant gift was already waiting for them at home? Or if the baby doesn’t do the cleaning for her beloved pet as thoroughly as I would like, allowing the smell to absorb and spread to all housing? For such a situation, of course, there are universal ways to remove the smell of old dog urine:
- Smells are volatile, they impregnate everything in the apartment, not only wet place. Therefore, to completely remove caustic ammonia aroma, everything you can should be washed – bedding, towels, blankets, bedspreads, rugs and other things. It is necessary to wash the curtains and all removable furniture covers. Water for washing should be as hot as possible, of course, should take into account recommendations for things. Using Flavored conditioners are welcome.
- All that can not be washed – upholstery, carpets and the other should be treated with cleaning agents and special brushes. Surfaces without fabrics – chipboard, tile, fiberboard, plastic panels, etc. can be washed with water with the addition of White or another chlorine-based products. For parquet and laminate it is better to use individual detergent compositions.
- If there are no suitable means in the house, then you can apply first aid kit contents. Dog urine smells great hydrogen peroxide, ordinary potassium permanganate. Also in this case Suitable citric acid, acetic essence, baking soda. These the components should be diluted with a little water and treat surfaces with a sponge, and even better spray the solution on spray gun surfaces. After the treated surface should be wiped with a damp cloth.
- Another effective remedy that can get rid of corrosive aromas – bleach. This powder is diluted in water – a tablespoon on a glass of water and, after wetting the sponge in the solution, you should wipe the stains. Chlorine is an aggressive substance, therefore it is recommended to carry out processing in protective gloves. In order not to spoil the fabric, start processing follows from applying the solution to the back of the product. Then continue the procedure if neither the color nor the surface structure not changed.
- For cleaning laminate or wood flooring, you can use iodine solution. It is prepared from a flow of 1 teaspoon antiseptic per liter of water. Then the liquid is sprayed on the surface. After literally 20 minutes, the floor can be wiped damp cloth, and then wipe dry. You can see – the smell disappeared completely.
If the animal has chosen a permanent place for the toilet and crap regularly in the same place, serious approach required to weaning from a bad habit. In this case, a medical alcohol – processing allows them to effectively cope with unpleasant smell, stains, has a disinfecting effect and leaves behind an alcohol loop. The latter will be an obstacle for the pet: smelling this smell, the dog will stop shitting in this place.
If even after harvesting the aroma has not disappeared, then you can use ultraviolet flashlight. It can be purchased at the zoological the store. In the dark, when there is no sunlight, it should to illuminate with a beam all the corners in the apartment, not forgetting to look under furniture. Stains of urine under the influence of ultraviolet light are reflected and become visible. This will reveal old spots and get rid of from the source of such a not too pleasant smell.
Also look: how to wean a dog to nibble things.
In addition, to help owners of four-legged friends in Pet stores sell special odor removing products in including bowel movements. They have a gentle formula, therefore they do not harm surfaces and pets themselves. Among them, you can Bookmark ORGANICS Zoo-WC, Pet Odorgon, WC closet “Odor Absorber” and others.
Almost any pet owner may encounter a similar problem, be it an accidental oversight, inexperience dogs, health problems, or protest. But anyway, this is not a reason to refuse a pet. You should find out what the reason for this behavior and, if possible, correct it.