Many owners are interested in the question: how old is the cat human standards?
With age, the behavior of the pet changes greatly.
From a small playful kitten he turns into a calm cat, more time allotting to sleep and less to moving games.
In cats, time is faster than in humans.
To determine the age of your pet, you can turn to correspondence table.
- 1 The first option is a calculation with a coefficient
- 2 Option Two – age ratio
- 3 Option Three – Elementary Arithmetic
- 4 What to do if the age of the pet is unknown
- 5 Does the breed affect life expectancy
- 6 Does animal lifestyle matter
- 7 What the master can do
The first option is a calculation with a coefficient
To find out how old a cat is by human standards, it’s often use coefficient.
This number determines the number of human years lived in one year old cat.
Each age group has its own characteristics.
The calculations are based on social and emotional features.
After all, comparing the logic of a person and a cat is not entirely correct.
The following is a table for this type of calculation.
Of course, this table contains only approximate data.
In the case when the exact age of the cat is not known, approximately the veterinarian will help to install it.
At the same time, he will evaluate the pet’s dental health and condition organism as a whole.
Important! Reliable Level Data intelligence in cats is extremely difficult to obtain, therefore, all methods of conversion from age to human are only approximate character.
Although the coefficient gives an idea of how old the cat is to human standards, it cannot be argued that this is accurate data.
Do not think that in two years the cat is fully formed in intellectually and socially adapted.
Such a table rather shows the aging of the body, its wear.
Cats aged calm and measured
Option two – age ratio
There is another way to recalculate a cat’s age on human.
Moreover, each year is equal to several years of life. people.
- The first year of life is considered as 15 human years.
- The second year is at 24.
- Each next year adds to the age of 4 years, this figure remains unchanged until 16 years.
- After 16 years, each lived year is equated to 3.
With this system of calculation, a two-year-old cat is perceived as 24-year-old girl, and when she reaches 12 years old – like a 64-year-old lady.
Using this conversion option, you can draw a series analogies.
For example, up to 1 year (like a person under 15), a cat learns take care of yourself, get along with the owner and so on.
At the same time, the animal undergoes puberty.
At two years old, the cat already has a mature character and knows how to claim from the owner what she needs (or just I want to).
Her behavior at this stage is really reminiscent of a young a person or girl at the age of 24.
If we continue this calculation, by 15 years (which in terms of human standards will be 76 years) for a cat, like an elderly human, diseases may appear.
And her behavior can vary in accordance with age.
Age features include the following points:
- decreased interest in games;
- the appearance of behavioral patterns characteristic of adults.
The breed affects age characteristics
Important! Appearance and nature of age changes depend on the breed of the cat.
Option Three – Elementary Arithmetic
The simplest way to calculate how old a cat is to human standards, – multiplying her age by 7.
In this case, each year of the life of a furry pet will be equated to 7 years of human life.
The result is not the most accurate.
Cat over one year old is much more independent than a 7 year old child. After all, she is driven by instincts.
However, a lot more animals survive to 20 years than people – up to 140.
These kittens are still very small.
The main disadvantage of this method is that it does not allow to compare the stages development in humans and in animals.
Therefore, this method is less preferable in the calculations.
What to do if the age of the pet is unknown
If the cat was picked up on the street, then establish how old she is on this moment, it will be difficult.
However, it’s important to know the age in order to find out how old the cat is. to human standards.
Age determination can be entrusted to a veterinarian
To determine the age of the cat, examine her teeth.
Of course, it is better to do this to the veterinarian.
A furry friend is unlikely to like a mouth test cavities.
If it’s not possible to go to the doctor with this question, It is worthwhile first to study the development of the teeth.
- When the kitten turns 1 month old, he has dairy teeth.
- At the age of 5-6 months they are replaced by permanent ones.
- Upon reaching 1.5 years, the central incisors of the lower the jaw.
- Upon reaching 2.5 years, the middle incisors of the lower the jaw.
- In three and a half years, the central incisors are erased upper jaw.
- In four and a half years, the middle incisors are erased upper jaw.
- At five years old, fangs are erased.
- By six years, the erasure of the upper incisors of the upper the jaw.
- At 7-8 years old, modifications of rubbing surfaces are noted central and middle incisors of the lower jaw.
- By the age of 9, the erasure of the central incisors of the upper the jaw.
- At 10-12 years, central incisors may fall out.
- By the age of 15, all incisors may fall out.
Of course, these numbers vary by lifestyle. animal. A significant role is played by his diet.
If your cat’s diet contains enough vitamins and minerals, the process of abrasion and tooth loss noticeably slows down.
The condition of the teeth says a lot about the age of the cat
Does the breed affect life expectancy
In fact, the answer to this question is yes. To live much longer can:
- outbred cats;
- animals of natural or long-bred breeds.
Cats of exotic breeds bred by humans live much less.
The reason lies in the fact that in order to preserve the characteristics of the breed (in british maine coon Manchkin, Cornish Rex, exotics) for breeding, a small number of individuals.
In cats, which are not derived as a result of selection, much better developed immune system and survival ability.
Older cats often want to relax
Does animal lifestyle matter
In order for cats to live happily ever after, they need to create as much as possible. favorable conditions. These include:
- proper, balanced nutrition;
- cozy, warm house;
- lack of injuries;
- periodic visits to the veterinarian;
- protection against external adverse factors.
If you are interested in detailed information about the right grooming, We recommend that you familiarize yourself with articlehttps: //kot-pes.com/gruming-koshek-na-domu/
In addition, the life expectancy of cats is affected following factors:
- the presence / absence of genetic diseases.
It is worth noting that in sterilized cats and neutered cats cats life expectancy is higher than that of individuals participating in procreation.
The importance of cat sterilization is recommended articlehttps: //kot-pes.com/vse-samoe-vazhnoe-o-sterilizacii-koshek/
No stress during mating season is positive affects their condition.
Sterilized Cats Live Longer
Interesting! According to the observations of veterinarians, life expectancy in most cases in cats is from 10 to 15 years.
What can the owner do
It’s sometimes interesting to know how old your beloved cat is to human standards.
To extend her life, it is important to take good care of her. Here some recommendations:
- Keep track of cat nutrition. Her menu should be balanced.
- Provide your pet with all the necessary vitamins, the use of special additives will prevent vitamin deficiency.
- Take into account the recommendations of veterinarians for the care of a particular breed.
- Make sure that the cat leads an active lifestyle – play with her, if possible go for a walk with her.
- Maintain her health. This includes timely vaccination, preventive measures, regular visits to the veterinarian. If the cat is sick, urgently contact doctor, do not try to treat her yourself.
Together with all these measures, the importance cannot be downplayed. attention and care that the cat feels every day.
The love of the owner will positively affect longevity.
Important conditions for a comfortable life: convenient sunbed, suitable bowl, carry in case of travel.
Interesting! Among the centenarians is the cat Ma from Great Britain, which hit the Guinness Book of Records. She lived for 34 years!
Toddlers are more playful and agile than adults.
Calculate how old the cat is by human standards, not so simply.
In fact, the psyche, thinking and habits of furry pets very different from the thinking and behavior of people.
Thanks to the coefficients and tables you can only approximately imagine at what age a pet is now.
At the same time, a number of factors affect the life expectancy in cats factors.
If you are interested in learning about the oldest cat in the world, recommend reading articlehttps: //kot-pes.com/samyiy-staryiy-kot-v-mire/
Considering them and the recommendations of veterinarians, you can extend your life your pet and make her as comfortable as possible.
Сколько лет кошке по человеческим меркам – три способаподсчета
How old is a cat by human standards? It is interesting to know to each owner, and for calculations, a coefficient or just equate to one feline year a few human.