Many cat owners stoically endure periods when their pet molt.
Wool all over the house causes daily cleaning, there is a need to constantly clean clothes after contact with furry darling.
To get rid of this discomfort, there are services grooming, which significantly reduce the molt of the animal, and do its appearance is more neat.
- 1 What is cat grooming?
- 2 Types of grooming
- 3 Features of grooming cats at home
- 4 How to understand that a cat needs grooming?
- 5 How often do cats groom?
- 6 What to consider before grooming a cat?
- 7 Types of Cat Model Haircuts
What is cat grooming?
Grooming is a set of procedures aimed at bringing to hygienic and cosmetic order of the cat’s body surface.
In other words, this haircut is a process during which excess, too long hair is removed from the animal.
Professional grooming is performed by a specialist who uses such specially selected tools for this purpose, as:
- Choppers for cats;
- Massage brushes for grooming;
- Special hair dryers for laying animal hair;
- Rotary machines;
- Stripping knives;
- Rake for wool;
- Thinning scissors;
- Nail clippers.
In almost every city there is a huge amount special salons that offer professional services grooming any breed of cat.
Furminator to remove excess hair
Some breeders learn to save money grooming, reading special literature and visiting relevant courses.
Types of grooming
Grooming for a cat is not such a banal process as it can seem at a glance.
There are several types of this cosmetic procedure, each of which it is intended to bring the pet into proper shape in accordance with host budget.
So, the types of grooming are as follows:
- Hygienic grooming;
This type of grooming is the most popular, and is done most often. by virtue of its practicality.
The purpose of hygienic grooming is to facilitate the maintenance of a cat in clean and tidy.
In this type of haircut, the pet’s hair is evenly cut claws are trimmed with special clippers, excess hair is cut between the pads and toes.
In addition, the groomer removes excess hair from the ears of the cat, leads order the hair near the genitals and anus.
- Home grooming;
Home haircuts are mainly carried out by those owners of cats, who do not have much free time for constant care of a furry pet.
With this haircut, the cat’s hair is trimmed a little for more neat and tidy look.
In addition, shorter hair is easy to care for.
- Exhibition grooming;
As the name implies, this type of grooming is used in mainly to prepare the animal for a particular exhibition.
The main task of the groomer who conducts a show haircut a cat is to hide possible flaws and highlight the best qualities animal.
Caring for a cat improves her health and behavior
Features of grooming cats at home
Unlike a cat grooming in a salon or veterinary clinic, There is an alternative for each catman.
Now it is possible to call a professional groomer at home to carry out the necessary procedures on the spot.
This type of grooming is very popular in view of some features including:
- Minimal stress for the cat – after all, grooming takes place at home setting and the animal feels calmer;
- The ability to call the groomer at any time convenient for the owner. The owner does not need to go with the pet to the salon or clinic, wait in Queues
- The presence of a specialist all necessary for a professional grooming tools;
- Reasonable prices;
- Lack of anesthesia and sedation during haircuts.
The pet will calmly carry grooming at home
Groomers generally have universal knowledge regarding haircuts of animals, and can cut not only the cat, but also the dog, if there is more than one pet in the house.
But unlike dog grooming, the price is the haircut of the cat is lower, in addition, specialists can cut any breeds of cats.
The number of dog breeds that are sheared by groomers is limited and subject to specialization.
How to understand that a cat needs grooming?
Typically, there are several factors that indicate the need for groomer intervention:
- The presence of warlocks;
If the cat has a large number of tangles, this leads to skin irritation and diaper rash.
If the problem is triggered, the animal may have foci inflammation, flea “nests”.
Lumps, spools, sticky wool are very difficult to comb – they bring discomfort to the life of the animal.
In no case should you cut the Koltuns with scissors, because you can easily touch the skin of the pet.
Also, you can not wash a cat with such a problem – under the skin tangles dries slowly, and soaked skin is easily inflamed.
The most correct choice in this case is grooming.
- Cat health problems;
In cases where a cat has skin problems, grooming is necessary for cutting wool in the right places and facilitating access to the skin and its more effective treatment.
Haircuts necessary for dermatitis, fleas, ear tick and increased secretion of the sebaceous glands (hyperplasia).
Mowing cats that are not able to take care of themselves independently due to diseases or old age.
Maine coon cats especially fluffy
- Excessive hair loss;
If the pet sheds too much and often, grooming is significantly reduce the spread of wool in the house and on clothes.
Also, most of the wool in the house falls in such long-haired breeds like ragdoll cat chinchilla, norwegian forest cat, Persian, Somali Nevsky cat masquerade, siberian cat, bobtail Kuril and Maine Coon.
- Allergy Prevention;
Usually, grooming is ordered by breeders who have small children.
The absence of a large amount of cat hair in the house eliminates ingestion by a child and significantly reduces the likelihood allergic reactions.
As an alternative – you can get a hypoallergenic breed cats.
How often is grooming cats?
The frequency of grooming, first of all, depends on the gender of the pet.
Females can be cut less frequently than males.
This is due to the fact that cats spend much more time licking and your appearance.
Cats, on the contrary, are less neat, they should be cut much more often.
Cats and cats should be cut at different intervals
The average cat can be trimmed every 6 months.
Kotov is usually worth cutting three times a year.
Such a frequency will not lead to any undesirable consequences and only favorably affect the well-being cats.
What should be considered before grooming a cat?
- In any case, a haircut is stressful for the cat, so do not it is worth grooming, if there is no need for health problems, hair loss, or an upcoming exhibition. If there is still a need, breeders should consult at the veterinarian or groomer about the possibility of using sedatives drugs, or even anesthesia (sedation). Sedatives just make the animal more complaisant, remove nervousness and let the groomer do his job. In some cases, their use is necessary, but not all groomers work with anesthesia. AT in any case, this procedure is best entrusted to the vet.
- Do not try to groom yourself. The most important the reason for this is the lack of the majority of the owners tools – ordinary scissors or a clipper human hair does not fit here. Also amateur grooming can physically harm the animal.
The most “violent” should be reassured while grooming anesthesia
- The best option is to groom the cat at home, especially if she is nervous and does not like this procedure. home furnishings positively affect the calm of the animal. Also it convenient and less time consuming (no need to spend time on transportation).
- Some cats change their structure and color after grooming. wool cover. For example, it can become thinner and darker.
- In some cases, the pet’s hair does not grow back after grooming to the previous length, or regrowth takes a very long time. These features are individual and depend on general health. animal, its breed and age.
- It is strongly discouraged to cut the cat’s head, ears, mustache and eyebrows. Also, do not completely cut the hair off the tail.
- Since most cats react violently to grooming, they claws should be pre-trimmed to prevent occurrence of wounds and scratches in the owner, groomer and in the pet.
Grooming for a cat is always stressful
Types of cat model haircuts
Model haircut is rather the desire of the owner, and not a necessity.
For example, model haircuts are made for cats who are planning take to the exhibition.
Some people think that a haircut adds aesthetic to the cat. beauty.
So, the most popular cat model haircuts:
- “Lion” – the animal is sheared from the body, and left only the “lion” mane on the head and the fluffy tip on the tail.
- “Puma” – the cat is trimmed with wool from the back, while the wool on the head, paws and tail do not touch.
- “Dragon” – the pet is completely sheared, except for the head and peculiar “Iroquois” along the back.
The scope for creativity here is large enough, but the result depends from the creativity and skills of the master.
Grooming cats at home: Types and features of cat hygiene
Grooming cats at home is hygienic and cosmetic procedures designed to tidy up the surface of the cat’s body. Professional grooming is carried out by a specialist with the help of special tools.