Among human diseases, gastritis is on the list of the most common diseases. However, the friends of our four-legged the same picture is observed – inflammation of the mucous surface the stomach is again leading. Like humans, gastritis in dogs causes a number of unpleasant symptoms, can provoke complications and requires compulsory treatment.
- 1. Causes of gastritis in dogs
- 2. Symptoms
- 3. Treatment
- 4. Dietary nutrition for gastritis
Causes of gastritis in dogs
The causes of inflammation in dogs are practically no different from human, with the exception of alcohol and smoking. If in humans the bacterium is most often the causative agent Helicobacter pylori, what causes gastritis in dogs? The main factors that act as provocateurs of this pathology, are:
- poor diet, poor or monotonous food – according to statistics, more often dogs suffer from inflammation of the stomach, eating cheap dry diets that don’t meet animal needs;
- eating food that is not suitable for a dog’s diet – sausages, sausages, sweets, smoked meats and other goodies are extremely harmful to dogs;
- worm infection – the larvae of some parasites live on the mucous surface of the stomach, sticking to it, they secrete toxic substances that irritate the surface of an organ;
- allergic reactions;
- dental diseases and their treatment are similar diseases often accompanied by severe pain, which provokes glucocorticosteroid production, and they, in turn, increase pathological processes in the stomach, this happens when the patient is treated with teeth without anesthesia;
- disruption of the endocrine system;
- other diseases in a chronic form;
- the use of certain medications.
Acute inflammation can occur after the animal eats. stale food that will take off or swallow a foreign body. Also a non-steroidal drug therapy is a contributing factor. Often there is a secondary gastritis, which develops against the background other pathological conditions, for example, diseases the liver.
Elderly animals that are sick, partially or completely missing teeth, often suffer from chronic inflammation. The reason for this condition is their inability to thoroughly chewing food, the dog swallows large pieces. Earn Money gastritis can be a pet fed hot or, conversely, excessively cold food.
In dogs with long hair, gastritis is diagnosed. more often than their shorthair counterparts, and there is a reason for this – their stomach often gets caught in lumps of wool, pieces undigested food. Similar regular mucosal irritation may cause surface damage and the development of inflammation.
At risk are ill-bred pets that eat different garbage, including not always edible. Foreign objects that enter the stomach may well cause development gastritis.
The acute form of the disease is accompanied by a more pronounced symptomatology develops rapidly, and the owner will not make labor to understand that his favorite is sick. Chronic gastritis occurs slowly, its symptoms may not be too noticeable or greased.
Symptoms may occur all at once, but more often only some of them. The main manifestations of inflammation of the mucous membrane stomach following:
- pain in the stomach – almost always occur with gastritis; if the soreness is severe, then the dog begins whimper on palpation (palpation) of the peritoneum, it can significantly increase;
- refusal of food or loss of appetite – the dog may not touch food or leave most in a bowl;
- a significant decrease in activity – the pet reluctantly leaves for a walk, refuses games and other interactions, not executes commands; constantly strive to retire, and when lying, it practically does not change the selected position;
- violation of the act of defecation – with increased acidity the patient’s gastric juice is tormented by constipation, with a low – diarrhea; if the feces become dark, then we are talking about the stomach bleeding
- the dog is sick, vomiting occurs – erupted stomach contents may have mucous or bloody impurity;
- the surface of the tongue is covered with a whitish coating.
Acute gastritis may be accompanied by intense thirst, profuse salivation (salivation), signs of dehydration. Often the patient’s temperature rises, with a chronic disease of this no symptom.
There are several forms and types of disease that differ. increase or decrease in acidity of gastric juice. By this in more, and due to the need for a mandatory visit veterinary clinic. Only a doctor based on the results analyzes may prescribe appropriate therapy.
Primary care for acute gastritis includes the following Events:
- the first day the animal is recommended to starve;
- gastric lavage is prescribed, but without drugs that cause vomiting
- after a hunger strike for 2 days, the pet should be given rice or oat mucous broth, you can add a raw chicken egg, after gradually introducing other products;
- if signs of dehydration are detected, then the dog is given droppers with saline, glucose solution, etc .;
- when the dog is suffering from diarrhea, treatment includes fixing agents, with constipation – laxatives;
- do enemas with warm fluid until the secretions the liquid will not be clean without pathological impurities;
- to relieve the four-legged patient from pain, veterinarian prescribes drugs with anesthetic, antispasmodic, analgesic effect;
- antibiotic therapy – performed if the analysis revealed pathogenic microflora or infectious pathogen.
With gastritis of any form, the mucous membrane of the affected body, it needs protection and restoration. For these purposes the pet is recommended to take antacid drugs – Almagel, De-Nol, Phosphalugel, etc.
If inflammation is caused by helminthic invasion, then, first of all, it is necessary to carry out deworming, thereby saving the dog from uninvited guests and only then proceed with gastritis therapy. IN in some cases, animals suffering from gastritis fall on reception to the veterinarian is already in a state exhausted by the disease. Then In addition, they are prescribed vitamin-mineral complexes.
Dietary nutrition for gastritis
Inflammation of the stomach requires a diet, it applies to both people and pets:
- when feeding a dog, you must adhere to the regimen;
- at first it’s better to give your pet mucous dishes gruel-like consistency, preferably chopped meat, vegetables grind to a puree state;
- in the period of exacerbation, it is advisable to refuse ready-made rations and consult a veterinarian about this – quite often owners have to transfer the dog to other, specialized rations or natural foods.
The following products may be banned exacerbation of the disease:
- caustic vegetables – radish, onions, garlic, radishes and dishes with them;
- raw vegetables and fruits that are sources coarse fiber;
- fatty meats;
- smoked, spicy, salty, pickled, fried foods.
Cooking for the dog follows a steam method, or boiling. It should be fresh, without spices, seasonings and artificial components.
Gastritis is a common ailment that can cause all sorts of complications. And if the owner really cares about the health of the pet, then he must at the first sign diseases, contact a veterinarian and treat a four-legged friend, according to the assigned plan.