Class: according to FIFe and WCF belongs to class 3 (shorthair and somali)
Color: any, including colorpoint, brindle and tortoiseshell
Dimensions: height at the withers: 23-27 cm, weight: 3-5 kg
Life span: 14-15 years
The representatives of the Cornish Rex breed are noble and grace.
These amazingly insightful animals are just as charming, like cats of the Toyger breed.
In terms of mental development, they can quite compare with dogs. They are obedient and easy to train.
However, the feline nature still makes itself felt – teams Cornish will perform the hosts only when it does not create inconvenience to him.
The main feature of Cornish Rex cats is a short curly hair
- 1 Breed History
- 2 Psychology
- 3 How to choose a kitten
- 4 Care Features
- 4.1 Combing
- 4.2 Walk
- 4.3 Power
- 5 Health
- 5.1 Characteristic diseases
- 5.2 Vaccinations
- 6 Knit
July 21, 1950 in County Cornwall at Mrs. Nina’s Farm Anismore cat brought another brood of kittens.
Among the kids, the farmer noticed an unusual curly a kitten.
She showed it to local breeders, and when the curl grew up, they began to cross him with representatives of other breeds, but to achieve the same exterior failed.
Then Mrs. Nina made a crossbreeding and crossed the cat with his mum.
The experiment was a success, and the number of short-haired curly cats in England began to increase.
In 1957, Cornish Rex was brought to the United States, where they became cross with Havana, Burmese and Siamese cats.
As with Devon Rex, the most difficult It turned out to be a curly coat.
And after the breed was officially recognized in 1979, it was introduced ban on any outbreeding.
Cornish Rex cats are easy to train. Master without special Cornish can train you, for example, to find and bring abandoned ball
Cornish Rex cat has the following character features:
- High intelligence. Master without special Cornish can train you, for example, to find and bring abandoned ball.
- Obedience. If the host team does not contrary to the wishes of kitty, she easily and calmly fulfills them.
- High sensitivity. Cornish in some incomprehensible way they clearly know how to properly conduct yourself when a person is depressed or without mood. This quality reminds behavior of bobtail cats Kuril.
- Sociability. Cornish Rex breed It is characterized by hyper-need for joint activities with a person. It is always important for them to be close to the owners and whenever possible to take part in what is happening.
Cornish Rex loves spending time with the owner, especially fond of collaborative games
- Curiosity. If the cat hears rustle, door creak, phone call, she will immediately go find out what is the source of noise. So if you left open laptop, and you got a message with a characteristic audio alert, not be surprised when you see the Cornish sitting on the keyboard.
- Devotion. Yes yes it’s real cat-dog on a set of characteristics. He just does not think his life without a host.
- Touchiness. But not grudge! Kitty reacts sharply when they shout at her or are unkindly treated. But, being upset for an hour or two, she will again caress to to the one who “sulked”.
- Friendliness. Cornish like Scottish Straight and Scottish Fold cat, will quickly find a common language with other pets pets. To strangers, taking a closer look and making sure that they not dangerous, the cat will calmly let himself stroke.
- Lack of aggression. If the baby will cause the cat inconvenience, the Cornish will find an opportunity to escape, but will not scratch or bite.
You can read about other good and calm cat breeds. here: https: //kot-pes.com/samyie-dobryie-porodyi-koshek/
Choosing a little Cornish Rexik is worth it when he Turns 2 months. Healthy Cornish Rex kittens are different mobility, curiosity and smart look
How to choose a kitten
Litter kittens are divided into three categories:
- Pet – pets without a stellar perspective and opportunity to breed
- Bridging – only cats that are eligible are included here to breed
- Show – the highest exhibition class, which is entrusted with the honor of being representatives of the breed at various shows and exhibitions
Cornish Rex kid
First decide which category of breed you need. Cornish Rex. The price of a show class will naturally be the highest.
Therefore, if you do not plan to show the cat to everyone to the commissions and the jury, consider whether it is worth paying more?
Choosing a little Cornish Rexik is worth it when he Turns 2 months.
Healthy Cornish Rex kittens are agile, curiosity and smart look. They will diligently examine the guest – that is, you – caught in their field of vision.
It is worth examining the eyes, ears, nose of the baby – of which should not cloudy mucus is secreted.
The tummy should be clean, and the entire skin without peeling.
Cornish Rex is very touchy. Kisa is keenly reacting when she is shouting or awkwardly costing. But, getting upset for an hour or two, she will again caress to the one whom “sulk”
Bathing kitty is recommended once a week. To remove the dead wool, wipe your pet enough every couple of days wet suede fabric.
Furminator cannot be used.
Well, if Cornish Rex has the opportunity on their own grind claws. Best buy or make scratching post.
If not, then the owner will need to cut them every two or three weeks.
Regularly in the morning you need to remove the discharge in the eyes.
Check your ears weekly and clean them as needed. dry cotton swab.
You can learn more about how to clean your cat’s ears from articleshttps: //kot-pes.com/kak-chistit-ushi-koshke/
In the warm season, your pet will be happy to explore the back streets of the yard, although in a regular walk, in principle, these cats do not need
Do not flatter yourself with the astrakhan fur coat worn representatives of the breed Cornish Rex.
Photos of these cats can be misleading, so in a very cool weather is best left at home.
In the warm season, your pet will be happy to explore the back streets of the yard, although in a regular walk, in principle, these cats do not need.
It is worth putting on a pet collar from ticks and fleas.
Cornish Rex is a friendly breed. Cornish will quickly find a common tongue with other pets. To strangers Having looked closely and making sure that they are not dangerous, the cat will calmly give pet yourself
Meal schedule by age:
- 1-2 months – 5 times a day
- 3-4 months – 4 times
- 5-6 months – 3 times
- From 7 months onwards – 2 times
What should be included in the menu if you decide to feed in kind products:
- Raw Meat – Chicken or Beef
- Offal (weld)
- Lactic acid products
- Boiled vegetables (except onions)
- Eggs (soft-boiled)
So, what to feast on?
Do not allow the plate to include:
- Sausage and smoked meats
- Onions and spices in all their variants and combinations
Regarding dry feed feeding, here the general principle applies: you must choose premium products and higher, which corresponds to the age of the animal.
With timely vaccination, proper feeding and sufficient Cornish Rex can live up to 20 years of physical activity, never worrying their owners about health problems
With timely vaccination, proper feeding and sufficient Cornish Rex can live up to 20 years of physical activity, never disturbing their owners with health problems.
- The first (against infections) – at 2 months, revaccination after 2-4 weeks
- The second (from rabies) – at 3 months
- The third (against fungal diseases) – in 3.5-4 months, revaccination after 1-2 weeks
10 days prior to vaccination the kitten has worms.
And after the end of all vaccinations is not worth it for a week or two provoke the baby for increased activity.
Such a cute and playful Cornish Rex
Important! Knitting Cornish Rex with representatives of other breeds of the same classification in order to further breeding is strictly prohibited.
A cat can be untied when he turns one year old, and a cat in a year and two months, not earlier.
The sexual behavior of Cornish Rex is individual, but there are general rules for organizing their dates:
- the action should take place on the territory of the cat;
- the room must be closed, excess furniture removed;
- trim animal claws;
- give the couple a minimum of 4 days, otherwise, or fertilization is not succeed, or the seals who do not complete the courtship process will experience severe stress, which will affect their further opportunities for reproduction of offspring.
If you want to know more about cat pregnancy, recommend reading articlehttps: //kot-pes.com/beremennost-u-koshek-srok-priznaki-i-gramotnyj-uxod/
Cornish Rex – a smart and loyal cat that will not burden masters of personal care
Mind, kindness and infinite charm – this is what hearts win Cornish Rex cats.
To buy this pet means to buy this companion cat who knows how to cheer up his to the owner.
Cornish Rex: Curly Grace and Nobleness
Cornish Rex is a cute and obedient cat, devoted with all his heart. to your master. It is a good choice for those who like to spend a lot of time with animals.
Anna Lyakhovich8 Overall result Description8Total EditorsAggression4Adaptability10Activity10Weight4Training8Friendliness10Playfulness10Intelligence10Noise47Total users: Aggression2Adaptability10Activity10Weight4Training4Friendliness10Playability10Intelligence7Noise8 Add your review | Read reviews and comments