Boxer, German Boxer, Deutscher Boxer
- Popularity: 10
- Training: 5
- Size: 7
- Mind: 5
- Security: 8
- Relations with children: 9
- Dexterity: 5
- Shedding: 5
Bred in Germany in the 19th century, boxers were used butchers to control livestock and for hunting (they can work and hold boar and bison), and are also among the first dog breeds used as police and military. TO Unfortunately, they were also used for dog fights.
This is a medium to large sized dog, with a strong, athletic and square-looking body. She has a big head, with well developed jaw; nose slightly flattened. Upper lip big and fat. The eyes are large and dark brown. Medium ears sized, cropped to be erect. The neck is long and strong. The tail is placed high, can be cut off. Color happens red, brindle, white, brindle with white spots.
- Boxers are highly energetic dogs, so they need a lot exercise every day. Make sure you have time desire and energy to give the necessary conditions for the dog;
- Boxers are wild and will welcome you in ecstasy;
- Unfortunately, 80% of white boxers are deaf;
- From an early age, learning is crucial – before than your boxer will become too big for training;
- Boxers ripen slowly and behave like irritable puppies for several years;
- Boxers don’t just like to be around their family – they have to to be a full member of the family;
- Boxers drool, and a lot. Boxers are also loud snore;
- Boxers are smart and respond well to training. They also have independent and dislike being forced to do something against their will. You will have great success in training your a boxer, if you can make it fun for him;
- Some boxers take their guard duties a bit too seriously, while others may not have any guarding instincts in general.
Boxers are strong and very loyal. They have extremely high energy level. Behave with pride but never happen arrogant. They are smart, loving and delightful companions.
Boxer is patient, worthy and self-confident. They exhibit curiosity but wary of strangers. This breed fearless and courageous if she or the family is under a threat. They have a heightened sense of hearing, which makes them excellent guard dogs. Boxer loves children and others. pets if they grew up with them. They have excessive the need for human communication and do not like to be alone in for long periods of time.
Boxer is smart and learn fast. Obedience training is compulsory. They require a dominant owner, capable of to control it. They do not respond to abuse. Training should consist of justice, firmness and sequence. Boxers succeed in competitive obedience and love to learn and perform tricks.
Boxer fur does not require special care. Can be cleaned sometimes with a brush and that will be enough.
Boxers are pure dogs and are known to care for themselves as cats do it. Bathe as needed.
With a high level of activity, the boxer feels best outdoors where he can have plenty of room to freely move. He will also be fine in apartments until he receives daily exercise. He needs training, communication and exercise.
Like other breeds, boxers have some problems with health, namely:
- aortic stenosis / sub-aortic stenosis;
- boxer cardiomyopathy;
- hip dysplasia;
- corneal dystrophy;
- gastric expansion / inversion of the intestines;
Boxer is a faithful and reliable friend. He might be used as a guide dog for the blind. It is pleasant and cheerful companion.
|Life span||9-14 years old|
|Height||Males: 56-63 cm Bitches: 53-60 cm|
|Weight||Males: 30-34 kg Bitches: 23-27 kg|
|Colour||red, brindle, white, brindle with white spots|
|Price||450 – 1500 $|